PDA

View Full Version : There really is justice in the world

thxleo
16-Jun-2007, 10:43 PM
Durham D.A. Mike Nifong was disbarred today. :lol:

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 01:45 AM
The shame is that those young men will never get their life back. Even the allegation of rape is a stigma that follows you forever. There are always going to be people that think you did it or have that doubt in the back of their minds. Also because he has prosecutorial immunity he'll never see a day in jail. Disbarment is harsh, but it doesn't even come close to the reparations these men deserve. As for the skank who lied about this whole thing , she'll never see a day in jail either. There's something really wrong with that.

MissJacksonCA
17-Jun-2007, 04:41 AM
Its about time.

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 06:07 PM
The real victim here is the next poor woman to actually get raped on a college campus, which does happen. Because when she comes forwrd Everyone will point to this case. The collateral damage from this case is being felt now and will be felt for years to come. People are going to question the system and every prosecutor who brings a case like this one.

MissJacksonCA
17-Jun-2007, 06:17 PM
To be fair though there's a good majority of women who never go forward because even before this case its difficult to prove on a college campus where the college security and what-not are involved. Heck, even off campus in some cases its hard to proove and college related rapes are typically more difficult than your average rape in the suburbs.

I can't really say people are going to be skeptical of the prosecutors in future who bring forward cases of rape. Unlike most cases that are on the docket I find that rape cases typically are almost never believed unless its a rape combined with some kind of battery charge and a scary ex convict who just happened to be released from the jail the night before.

This case was sensational because I found it turned into a racial issue and a class issue which is now a good thing because of all the media attention it brought which led to the close look at the prosecutor and thus led to his disbarment.

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 09:05 PM
To be fair though there's a good majority of women who never go forward because even before this case its difficult to prove on a college campus where the college security and what-not are involved. Heck, even off campus in some cases its hard to proove and college related rapes are typically more difficult than your average rape in the suburbs.

I can't really say people are going to be skeptical of the prosecutors in future who bring forward cases of rape. Unlike most cases that are on the docket I find that rape cases typically are almost never believed unless its a rape combined with some kind of battery charge and a scary ex convict who just happened to be released from the jail the night before.

This case was sensational because I found it turned into a racial issue and a class issue which is now a good thing because of all the media attention it brought which led to the close look at the prosecutor and thus led to his disbarment.

See, as a woman you fail to realize what even the allegation of rape will do to the perception of a man. I don't know what you've been seeing but as someone familiar with criminal law, rape allegations are taken very seriously and it's like the man has to prove he didn't do it instead of enjoying the presumption of innocence defendant regularly enjoy. If a man did it then cut his balls off i say. However prosecutors such as his one have the responsibility to make sure he has his facts straight and not slander people simply because he has public sentiment on his side. Politics aren't suppossed to figure in the justice system.

It's the same with if a woman calls the cops and says a man is abusing her. You think that she has to prove anything, no. The assumption is that the man is abusing her. The assumption is why would someone make up something like that? Unfortunately abuses happen when vindictive women want payback. Men have no protection when it comes to something like this as well as allegations of rape. You think that anything is going to happen to this crazy skank for ruining these men's lives? Nope. She'll go on like nothing ever happened. You think that all the femi-nazi groups and men haters who so quickly pronounced them guilty and slandered them before seeing a shred of evidence as to their guilt have or ever will apologize. WRONG. Now how is that just? I concur that women do get victimized in these settings but let's not forget who the real victims in this rape Hoax were. The trhee men who good names will never really fully recover from this.

I agree that most women come forth because either they fear they won't be believed or the "shame" that comes with it. Most women just want to forget it ever happened and quickly put it behind them. But safegaurds must be put in place so that this kind of witch hunt never happens again. There's an old saying in law: It's better to let 10 guilty men go free than to convict one innocent one. I know women must be protected but prosecoturs musr err on the side of caution bacause once pandora's box is opened there no closing it.

MissJacksonCA
17-Jun-2007, 10:40 PM
Its so childish of you to want to rip off a rapists man apparatus darth gosh lol

I've been friends with men who've been accused of rape so I know the horror they go through when a woman points the finger. But i've also had friends who were raped and while the hospital staff takes what they can and the police come in they're questioned like they did something wrong. Come trial time is the worst for the victim as the defense attorneys try to reduce them to a free whore and saying well how did you dress? And why do you wear a thong? And how much did you have to drink? And are you sure you didn't want it? Etc Etc... The accused gets off quite easy during testimony.

In the end after a woman is raped she winds up thinking if I tell someone will they believe me? Or him? How can I proove it? And if they still pursue charges and he gets off she's the one who's labeled something awful. But that doesn't mean he wasn't guilty. It could just mean he could afford better counsel, he could come up with better witnesses, and the jury prefferred his testimony to hers. Lets face it in cases with little to no evidence its then a popularity contest.

But I dont feel the stigma of being accused of rape too severly affects a man accused because there's still people who stand by their friends and there's a lot of people who dont. Male and female. In the end its the same as in the beginning some people think a rapist got off but some feel he never did it. Kinda like the OJ case.

And i'm sure a woman whos been abused will lose a case if there's no evidence of abuse. There's also male police officers often dont give a woman who cries abuse the time of day. They'll come and arrest if they have to but there's some who outright ignore it (look up Tracy Thurman). Dont think i'm a man hater but men are often condescending towards women and also often side with a man regardless of evidence. Its a lot like a male doctor will talk down to his female patients who are complaining of something and just write them off. Women are written off a lot.

Sadly because women are the fairer sex cases of rape of men and abuse of men are usually laughed at by women but the thing is... it happens. Just like the rape and abuse of women.

Ultimately I dont believe people who cry rape, and I dont believe anyone who cries abuse, and I dont automatically assume guilt of a person accused of anything. I've known people who are sick enough to make false allegations against people for the sake of trying to sully their good name but I know a lot of people who've also gotten away with crimes. For me there's never justice when you follow the letter of the law. That's something meted out by a higher authority or a person who believes the only justice is that which is served personally.

The Duke case is sad because it affected the lives of 3 upstanding citizens but its also redeemed them with the disbarrment of Nifong. And unfortunatly now people are going to think more often that a man accused of rape is prolly just a target of malicious prosecution of an overzealous DA.

Pat Taylor is a 'famous' person who cried rape and abuse a lot... often she would beat herself and wound herself to bolster her claims. Hers is a great story of how sick women can be.

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 10:44 PM
Its so childish of you to want to rip off a rapists man apparatus darth gosh lol

"who taught you how to do this stuff?" "You alright!! I learned by watching you". :lol:

The Duke case is sad because it affected the lives of 3 upstanding citizens but its also redeemed them with the disbarrment of Nifong. And unfortunatly now people are going to think more often that a man accused of rape is prolly just a target of malicious prosecution of an overzealous DA.

All your points are valid ones. The statement you made above is all i was trying to say.