PDA

View Full Version : the fog...

flyboy
17-Jun-2007, 12:39 PM
Has anyone seen this film and what is it like?? :skull:

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 02:24 PM
I haven't seen it but it is a remake and we know the track record on those. They almost always fail to deliver and are rarely worthy of the original source material.

jdog
17-Jun-2007, 03:01 PM
this movie is a piece of sh*t. avoid it at all costs and stick to the original, the re-make is a wast of film.

EvilNed
17-Jun-2007, 03:33 PM
Why does everyone assume he's talking about the remake?

I like the original The Fog. It's not Carpenters best, but it's vintage 80's, independent Carpenter alright. If you like Halloween, you'll like this one. It's very slow and moody.

capncnut
17-Jun-2007, 03:48 PM
It's a pretty common theme Flyboy.

Original = great
Remake = crap

Just make sure, you watch the right one. :D

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 03:51 PM
Why does everyone assume he's talking about the remake?

I like the original The Fog. It's not Carpenters best, but it's vintage 80's, independent Carpenter alright. If you like Halloween, you'll like this one. It's very slow and moody.

That's true. Carpenter makes very Cerebral, deliberately paced films. If your looking for action gorefests, they're not for you. The thing and they live are 2 of my favs. Not many director's are on his level.

MissJacksonCA
17-Jun-2007, 06:24 PM
The origional was awesome and still is to this day. Its one of my favorite movies of all time and I can't say enough good things about it. John Carpenter rules!

The remake was so bad I wanted to cry and erase all memory of it. The ending in the remake was lousy not to mention the whole stanking movie was just entirely awful and felt forced. Who approved the script? Bah. It didn't even feel like a horror movie it felt like a romantic tension comedy.

fartpants
17-Jun-2007, 06:55 PM
see the original and NOT THE REMAKE...

flyboy
17-Jun-2007, 07:16 PM
ill keep that in mind,thanx guys.;)

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 09:28 PM
Keep in mind, remakes usually suck ass. i know before i go to see a remake of a film i haven't seen the original first, i owe it to myself to see the first one before anything. 90% of the time i'm disapointed by the remake. :(

MinionZombie
18-Jun-2007, 08:10 AM
The Carpenter original is excellent, a masterclass in suspense and tension. It creeps the balls off me. Originally I hated it, but a recent second viewing shat me up proper good, an excellent film...

The remake on the other hand - ug, just flat out DON'T.

Danny
18-Jun-2007, 09:46 AM
It's a pretty common theme Flyboy.

Original = great
Remake = crap

Just make sure, you watch the right one. :D

once again cap'n says what most of us is thinking.:)

Dommm
18-Jun-2007, 10:35 AM
If you want to watch a love love story watch the remake, If you want horror and chills watch the orignal

fartpants
18-Jun-2007, 09:31 PM
The Carpenter original is excellent, a masterclass in suspense and tension. It creeps the balls off me. Originally I hated it, but a recent second viewing shat me up proper good, an excellent film...

The remake on the other hand - ug, just flat out DON'T.

got to agree with MZ the original is one of the top 10 all time great horror films ( imo )