PDA

View Full Version : the prowler

jdog
17-Jun-2007, 04:11 PM
i finally recieved my copy of this classic 80,s slasher yesterday. the story is fast paced with awsome gore from the man himself tom savini. this is a little seen classic from the slasher era that all slasher or savini fans should give a watch. good times:D

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 06:00 PM
i finally recieved my copy of this classic 80,s slasher yesterday. the story is fast paced with awsome gore from the man himself tom savini. this is a little seen classic from the slasher era that all slasher or savini fans should give a watch. good times:D

It's funny what sells people on things. I was going to say yeah whatever :rolleyes: until you mentioned savini. lol Based on that and your recomendation it's now a must see.

jdog
17-Jun-2007, 07:26 PM
savini himself said that its probably his best work, and the extras on the blue underground edition make this a must have.

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 09:33 PM
savini himself said that its probably his best work, and the extras on the blue underground edition make this a must have.

Considering the volume of his work i've already seen, that's a bold statement. Well, now i have 3 reasons. :D

jdog
17-Jun-2007, 11:04 PM
watch "going to pieces- the rise and fall of the slasher film" and see extended interviews with tom savini, bob clark, wes craven, and many other pioners of the slasher era. savini talks about his work on the prowler in an interview in this documentery. if you havnt seen it you should give it a watch.

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 11:25 PM
Yes i did see that. Very insightful special. They actually pinpoint the demise pf the genre with the release of silent night, deadly night. Good historical stuff for people who either weren't there or just too young to remember.