PDA

View Full Version : I tried frog legs.

Tied2thetracks
17-Jun-2007, 04:52 PM
They do NOT taste like chicken. They taste fishy, not good fish either.I would not reccomend them.

So I have Squid and frog legs down whats next? Snails and caviar probally won't happen. I am open to suggestion for my next food adventure.

MikePizzoff
17-Jun-2007, 04:57 PM
I had frog legs once. I really liked the taste of them until I started thinking about the fact that they were frog legs... then I was forcing myself to swallow and not vomit.

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 05:08 PM
I had frog legs once. I really liked the taste of them until I started thinking about the fact that they were frog legs... then I was forcing myself to swallow and not vomit.

I think that's the key right there. you'd also probably eat escargot if no one told you what it was. Something like that happened to me last week. I love fish. My step dad brought a freshly caught striped bass, which is pretty good. I couldn't bring myself to eat it because the dang thig was in the sink for like 5 hours staring back at me. Thank goodness i don't live back in the day where you had to eat what you killed.

They say that chilled monkey brains are good. Real brain food. :p

EvilNed
17-Jun-2007, 05:30 PM
Why the hell do people care what it actually is? I don't have a problem eating something if it's good, even it's testicles.

MissJacksonCA
17-Jun-2007, 06:19 PM
Tarantulas!

Frogs legs? Euw. Hey actually you should go to Thailand to some tiny run down hole in the wall they think is a restaurant and eat something the locals are having. Betcha that'll be lovely.

Squids good though I like it

Tied2thetracks
17-Jun-2007, 06:31 PM
Tarantulas!

Frogs legs? Euw. Hey actually you should go to Thailand to some tiny run down hole in the wall they think is a restaurant and eat something the locals are having. Betcha that'll be lovely.

Squids good though I like it

Squid is nasty. It taste like shrimp rolled in sand. I may try it deep fried somday though.

MissJacksonCA
17-Jun-2007, 06:32 PM
Deep fried can make anything taste better lol...

Danny
17-Jun-2007, 08:10 PM
cept watermelon ill wager.:dead:

MissJacksonCA
17-Jun-2007, 08:11 PM
touche

Danny
17-Jun-2007, 08:14 PM
also since you said anything not just food i would like to apologise, a little, to anyone eating when i say thi:

i bet deep fried used condom wouldnt be very nice either:barf: :lol:

MissJacksonCA
17-Jun-2007, 08:17 PM
Well if its lubricated I guess it wouldn't taste too good... and if was used perhaps that wouldn't be too pleasant...

but hey if it was deep fried it'd be crunchy and rubbery so there's texture points I hear chefs like texture in the food they prep...

*ahem* I ammend that previous remark... food typically tastes better when its deep fried whether its a twinkie, snickers, pork chop, shrimp, testicles, chicken 'nuggets,' and ice cream

Terran
17-Jun-2007, 09:10 PM
Tarantulas!

I still cant wait ...I found some good recipes

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 09:19 PM
Well if its lubricated I guess it wouldn't taste too good... and if was used perhaps that wouldn't be too pleasant...

but hey if it was deep fried it'd be crunchy and rubbery so there's texture points I hear chefs like texture in the food they prep...

*ahem* I ammend that previous remark... food typically tastes better when its deep fried whether its a twinkie, snickers, pork chop, shrimp, testicles, chicken 'nuggets,' and ice cream

You forgot about what it would do to lambskin. Might taste like a porkrind.

MissJacksonCA
17-Jun-2007, 10:41 PM
Terran you totally have to tape yourself eating one!

darth los
17-Jun-2007, 10:49 PM
What's funny is that you think this is a joke. He'll actaually do it !!

MissJacksonCA
17-Jun-2007, 11:01 PM
Are ya kidding? Terran and I go back 4 maybe 5 years on these boards... I totally know he can do it ... I just wanna watch :elol: :elol: :elol:

darth los
18-Jun-2007, 12:02 AM
Are ya kidding? Terran and I go back 4 maybe 5 years on these boards... I totally know he can do it ... I just wanna watch :elol: :elol: :elol:

I always pegged you for a voyeur. :cool:

MissJacksonCA
18-Jun-2007, 12:04 AM
There's nothing wrong with being a curious observer :cool:

I still remember when it all began... back in Corona Del Mar... Goldenrod Avenue... the neighbor dude who enjoyed walking around naked... he was a curious one

mista_mo
18-Jun-2007, 12:07 AM

huh

MissJacksonCA
18-Jun-2007, 12:09 AM
that was me recalling the point where i became a voyeur... someone who's a people watcher...

Terran
18-Jun-2007, 12:11 AM
http://xo.typepad.com/blog/tarantula.jpg

*Licks lips*

I wonder how much this is going to cost me

MissJacksonCA
18-Jun-2007, 12:13 AM
just keep telling yourself its worth it...

coma
18-Jun-2007, 03:00 AM
Squid is nasty. It taste like shrimp rolled in sand. I may try it deep fried somday though.
Squid Tempura is great.

I like Octopus and Eeel.

Had Escargot ravioli at a French joint. Its wasnt that bad.

MissJacksonCA
18-Jun-2007, 03:09 AM
mmm eeel sushi is amazing I think they call it nagari or negiri ... I dunno its awesome... I love sushi because you usually dont know what it is when you're eating it and well after I swallow something its too late for me upchuck because i'd rather die than have to do that just to keep something ucky in my system

mista_mo
18-Jun-2007, 05:37 AM
escargot are great...I love em, espceially when they are done in a garlic sauce...ten gallons of yummy in a 2 gallon hat....

always wanted to try squid...I mean it looks so revolting, but so did escargot.