PDA

View Full Version : When a picture of you is taken by someone can you control where it ends up?

MissJacksonCA
18-Jun-2007, 10:47 PM
With the growing number of tricks cell phones can do including take photos and tape a video its likely people are out there taking pictures and video of people who aren't them or their friends. With that in mind there's still girls who behave poorly, take off their clothes, simulate sex, behave like cavewomen (hehe) and of course anyone who enjoys the theater of the living is going to take a picture/video. Do those girls then get to say take me off that website? Erase those pictures?

Darth maybe you have some legal info on this?

Personally if I was on a jury I wouldn't award a persons bad behavior and hindsight with a settlement of any kind I wouldn't even have someone remove uncomely videos and pics from their website. I think if you do something people should be able to look at it and either look down on you or put you on a pedestal but you dont get the right to say oops wait I didn't mean to do that...

slightly related article http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/articles/_a/britney-may-sue-over-outrageous/20070618142109990001

acealive1
18-Jun-2007, 11:46 PM
its public domain. u do somethin in public or pose for a picture on someone elses property (phone) thats it.

MissJacksonCA
18-Jun-2007, 11:49 PM
amen man...

darth los
19-Jun-2007, 12:38 AM
With the growing number of tricks cell phones can do including take photos and tape a video its likely people are out there taking pictures and video of people who aren't them or their friends. With that in mind there's still girls who behave poorly, take off their clothes, simulate sex, behave like cavewomen (hehe) and of course anyone who enjoys the theater of the living is going to take a picture/video. Do those girls then get to say take me off that website? Erase those pictures?

Darth maybe you have some legal info on this?

Personally if I was on a jury I wouldn't award a persons bad behavior and hindsight with a settlement of any kind I wouldn't even have someone remove uncomely videos and pics from their website. I think if you do something people should be able to look at it and either look down on you or put you on a pedestal but you dont get the right to say oops wait I didn't mean to do that...

slightly related article http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/articles/_a/britney-may-sue-over-outrageous/20070618142109990001

While my area of expertise is in Constitutional law, I can however tell you what I do know. Ace is right i the fact that they are indeed your pics and that's only if they are not illegaly taken (of a woman in a bathroom stall for instance) or intended for public use. However, Any images taken, whether in public or private, whether the person who's image is being taken is fully aware of what's happening or not must have the consent of said person before being posted in a public media forum. I'll give you 2 examples:

1) You ever see those girls gone wild videos? ( i have, but i can assure you that it was purely academic in nature). Although these women are fully aware that they are being recorded they must first sign a release before the people who wish to do so can use them.

2) You ever see on the news those expose's on obesity in america? You ever notice how they have all this stock fotage of fat bodies but never show the fat people's heads and faces? Ever wonder why? Because they can be sued. More than likely these people didn't want to be recognized as the freakshows that they are and would never consent to such a thing.

Danny
19-Jun-2007, 04:28 AM
and thats why weve got release forms.:)

a couple printed up ones got me outta some trouble once just for filming on the path in front of some guys house as to characters walk past it.

darth los
19-Jun-2007, 04:32 AM
Yep that's why we have them. Let me ask you. Have you ever filmed someone and wanted to use the footage in one of your projects but they were just totally not going to let you? i would think that most people would love to appear on film. I look at you tube and other sites and it seems as if the majority of people have no qualms about it.

Danny
19-Jun-2007, 04:39 AM
oh yes i was filming in town for one bit for a film i did way back proper 14 year old amatuer stuff, but it was fun and gave me a lot of experience and its a shot of me and a guy who i aint seen in about 4 years now walking down a road towards the camera (kinda like the shot in the first ep of spaced when tim and diasy are going to get some fake photos, yeah 14 year olds love plagarism;) ).

anyway were walkiong along and we pass one of those big groupings of about 2 dozen phone booths you get in city centers and in shot this guy is screaming obscenitys, needless to say you could easily discern he was being dumped down the phone and this was a friggin skin head bloke with an eagle tattooed over his skull.
and hes going into a **** fit, banging the walls of the little booth roaring like a wild boar or somethign and slams the phone down ,comes out and walks ina really angry circle like cahsv do when there pissed (or tim roth in his first movie when he was a skin head) and then sees the camera makes a beeline for us and goes insane for abbout 15 minutes, we even rewound the film and filmined over it but that wasnt good enough he demanded " a few 'undrud quid" for his trouble till a cop came over and told him to get his drunken ass out of there.

DeadJonas190
19-Jun-2007, 06:37 AM
oh yes i was filming in town for one bit for a film i did way back proper 14 year old amatuer stuff, but it was fun and gave me a lot of experience and its a shot of me and a guy who i aint seen in about 4 years now walking down a road towards the camera (kinda like the shot in the first ep of spaced when tim and diasy are going to get some fake photos, yeah 14 year olds love plagarism;) ).

anyway were walkiong along and we pass one of those big groupings of about 2 dozen phone booths you get in city centers and in shot this guy is screaming obscenitys, needless to say you could easily discern he was being dumped down the phone and this was a friggin skin head bloke with an eagle tattooed over his skull.
and hes going into a **** fit, banging the walls of the little booth roaring like a wild boar or somethign and slams the phone down ,comes out and walks ina really angry circle like cahsv do when there pissed (or tim roth in his first movie when he was a skin head) and then sees the camera makes a beeline for us and goes insane for abbout 15 minutes, we even rewound the film and filmined over it but that wasnt good enough he demanded " a few 'undrud quid" for his trouble till a cop came over and told him to get his drunken ass out of there.

Damn, too bad you filmed over it, that sounds hillarious.

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 07:39 AM

If they would have took their billy clubs to him and you got it on film, you'd be famous dude.

MissJacksonCA
28-Jun-2007, 03:29 AM
well now this is interesting...

http://hollabacknyc.blogspot.com/

wish we had that here!

my bad they do have one for chastown yay

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 03:37 AM
well now this is interesting...

http://hollabacknyc.blogspot.com/

wish we had that here!

my bad they do have one for chastown yay

Wow, i feel so icky after reading some of those posts. I think i'll go take a shower.

MissJacksonCA
28-Jun-2007, 03:42 AM
I realy like the Penn State video discussing sexual harassment though to like actually see mens perspective and a womans perspective on it... though I feel compelled to think when a mans asked a question like that by a woman its like when he's being asked by a woman he wants to sleep with how many people have you had sex with... he may be lying... y'know?

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 03:54 AM
I realy like the Penn State video discussing sexual harassment though to like actually see mens perspective and a womans perspective on it... though I feel compelled to think when a mans asked a question like that by a woman its like when he's being asked by a woman he wants to sleep with how many people have you had sex with... he may be lying... y'know?

Damn i just pretty much gave you a response to this question in another thread. lol Men are definitely less likely to admit to rape, sexual harrassment or anything of that nature because it's emasculating. it doesn't conform to society's idea of what a man should be.

DeadJonas190
28-Jun-2007, 03:58 AM
I have been sexually harassed. I used to work with a girl who would constantly sit on my lap, come up behind me and start rubbing my neck, she grabbed my ass on many occasions, came up close to me and pressed against me saying "We could have sex standing up, your the perfect height" and so on. It never bothered me, sure it was inappropriate, but it never did bother me, maybe if I wasn't single at the time it would have.

As for that shout out page, I want to punch those guys, they make all of us guys look bad.

MissJacksonCA
28-Jun-2007, 04:05 AM
I did work with a gay man who sexually harassed my friend Trey... he literally grabbed him by the johnson all the time thinking it was some kind of joke... and every time Trey responded the same way... get the **** offa me you (gay slur) ... when he complained to the managers they did nothing... fortunately the dude went psychotic and quit

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 04:09 AM
I did work with a gay man who sexually harassed my friend Trey... he literally grabbed him by the johnson all the time thinking it was some kind of joke... and every time Trey responded the same way... get the **** offa me you (gay slur) ... when he complained to the managers they did nothing... fortunately the dude went psychotic and quit

Just like dead jonas pointed out about those wierdos making all men look bad, the few jerks always form people's perception of the group and ruin it for the many.

MissJacksonCA
28-Jun-2007, 04:17 AM
Well I actually have a good perspective on gay and bi people... I worked with a ton of other gay guys who were wonderful and respectful... I do have yet to meet a gay female though

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 04:44 AM
Well I actually have a good perspective on gay and bi people... I worked with a ton of other gay guys who were wonderful and respectful... I do have yet to meet a gay female though

I bet you a copy of day she'll try to "flip" you. :lol:

MissJacksonCA
28-Jun-2007, 04:45 AM
please i've been boy crazy since i was born... not a chance

besides... as discussed in numerous other forums women are not only grody... but they're also bitchy and stooooopid

coma
28-Jun-2007, 05:34 PM
That Penn Doc was misleading becasue its the Point of view of a bunch of 20 yeas old drunk fratboys who go to an private school. Kind of narrow. Only one guy said something normal. All th comments guys make and the rude leering and touching is totally wrong , but I think a quick glance at a butt when they dont see you is pretty normal and not too threatening. Thats not harassment. Most of the posts are spot on, but often its gts taken to a limit where you are not allowed, in their opinion, to look at a woman AT ALL.

Really? More likely "not to your knowledge". Some gay women are so hostile to men that it's hard not to notice them. When I lived in San Fransisco I would get crap from coworkers for heinous acts on my part like being polite in a non gender specific way or *gasp* trying to help them with something. But thats just some. Im not tying to paint with too broad a brush. But that is a form of gender discrimination. A hostile environment when your presence being unwanted is do to possessing a penis and has nothing to do with you as a person. It couldnt have been becasue they didnt talk to me AT ALL.

Tricky
28-Jun-2007, 06:01 PM
Not bothered me,but im not paranoid anyway & its not like theres anything i get up to that would land me in bother if the whole world saw

MissJacksonCA
28-Jun-2007, 06:11 PM
I dont think a man glancing at your goodies is harassment. Its when he stops whatever he's doing and walks into a wall because he's staring that it becomes uncomfortable but thats not what I think is harassment. What is harassing is when you go to a club or a bar and you dont have enough enough fingers on your hands and toes on your feet to add up how many people felt you up before you go. Or its when you're just taking a walk down the street and a guy licks his fingers in a most offending manner and asks you how you want it. Thats harassing. What I find most amazing is how men lucid or otherwise have such audacity.

But since some women do the same thing to men I can't comprehend how they dare do that. Its disgusting.

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 06:36 PM
I dont think a man glancing at your goodies is harassment. Its when he stops whatever he's doing and walks into a wall because he's staring that it becomes uncomfortable but thats not what I think is harassment. What is harassing is when you go to a club or a bar and you dont have enough enough fingers on your hands and toes on your feet to add up how many people felt you up before you go. Or its when you're just taking a walk down the street and a guy licks his fingers in a most offending manner and asks you how you want it. Thats harassing. What I find most amazing is how men lucid or otherwise have such audacity.

But since some women do the same thing to men I can't comprehend how they dare do that. Its disgusting.

It amazes me how many men act in such a disgusting matter. It's unfathomable that they actually get women that way. The women they probably do get are probably skanks who are not worth keeping around anyway.

MissJacksonCA
29-Jun-2007, 12:13 AM
or perhaps they're just really desperate