PDA

View Full Version : Question about Captain Rhodes

sandrock74
20-Jun-2007, 03:03 AM
Does he have a first name?? He's my favorite "villain" in the Dead films but I realized for the first time after watching it again today that no one ever referred to him by (first) name...or did I miss it somewhere?
Just wondering.

darth los
20-Jun-2007, 03:09 AM
Does he have a first name?? He's my favorite "villain" in the Dead films but I realized for the first time after watching it again today that no one ever referred to him by (first) name...or did I miss it somewhere?
Just wondering.

I'm sure his mother gave him a first name but it is not mentioned in the film. Also the credits only have him listed as Rhodes. The only person's last name who is mentioned is Miguel Salazar.

Philly_SWAT
20-Jun-2007, 03:20 AM
I always liked to think that his first name was Dusty.......

mista_mo
20-Jun-2007, 03:21 AM
or Aids.

Aids rhodes

or i tend to think of him like cher...just his name rhodes, not much else.

darth los
20-Jun-2007, 03:25 AM

Awsome, an old wcw reference. I was always partial to the four horsemen myself.

GRMonLI
20-Jun-2007, 03:26 AM
The only person's last name who is mentioned is Miguel Salazar.

There is also Doctor Ted Fisher!

darth los
20-Jun-2007, 03:28 AM
Damn i forgot abot him!! Good catch!! I guess i'll punish myyself by watching the film all over again.:rolleyes: (like i needed an excuse).

sandrock74
20-Jun-2007, 07:57 AM

The American Dream, son of a plumber!
Maybe they were cousins or something?

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 11:15 PM
or Aids.

Aids rhodes

or i tend to think of him like cher...just his name rhodes, not much else.

Rhodes has definitely earned a spot in the pantheon of one named legends such as madonna and prince.

MissJacksonCA
21-Jun-2007, 11:17 PM
I like to think he had a androgynous name... like Sandy or Morgan or Tracy and thats why he felt the need to over-compensate by being a total tool

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 12:25 AM
I like to think he had a androgynous name... like Sandy or Morgan or Tracy and thats why he felt the need to over-compensate by being a total tool

He was definitely over compensating for something. It looked like he couldn't wait to unleash all the years of pent up anger.

mista_mo
22-Jun-2007, 02:38 AM
Or Steele tryed fisting him and it didn't work.

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 02:44 AM
Or Steele tryed fisting him and it didn't work.

Or rhodes was really gay and he was trying to be domineering and manly to cover it.

jim102016
22-Jun-2007, 04:31 AM
HA! I was just thinking that, maybe he preferred to wear a dress before being confined underground?

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 04:41 AM
You know what i also thought was fake? Okay, we're men, so how are you going to stuff, for all intents and purposes, the last woman in the world with those ghouls? She would have been the last thing i would have parted with. She's infinitely more valuable than his fat, beer bellied lackeys. There you have it, the prosecution rests your honor. Rhodes is gay. He wanted a 24-7 sausage fest. :moon:

mista_mo
22-Jun-2007, 04:47 AM
him and jon and mcermont...seriusly..i remember posting a few years back a topic that was something alogn the lines of "Jon and Mdermont were gay"

This was WAYYYYY before HPOTD switched forums.

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 04:55 AM
him and jon and mcermont...seriusly..i remember posting a few years back a topic that was something alogn the lines of "Jon and Mdermont were gay"

This was WAYYYYY before HPOTD switched forums.

You do have to wonder about just the two of them all alone in the ritz at the outskirts of the cave. Only a gay dude would arrange their lounge the way it was (not that there's anything wrong with that). It looked too clean and coordinated. Like steel said... "hey, it's gonna be a long winter." :elol:

sandrock74
22-Jun-2007, 02:36 PM
LOL!! Gay of the Dead!
Not that there's anything wrong with that.:lol:

zombieslayer
22-Jun-2007, 03:30 PM
Just wondering.

that's just like in NIGHT(org.) the only ones that we know with a last name is the coopers. (harry, helen and karen). i always wandered what the last names of everyone else was.we know their first names but no last names.

DEAD BEAT
22-Jun-2007, 05:48 PM
There is also Doctor Ted Fisher!

Fisher? Who gives 2 shiits about him?
He was the most boring of all the characters next to sarah, but she at least had a nice asss!

Speaking of Rhodes i saw a recent photo of him on Tom Savini's website...
"DAM" time has not kind to that guy at all, i couldn't pick him out of a line up!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 06:09 PM
that's just like in NIGHT(org.) the only ones that we know with a last name is the coopers. (harry, helen and karen). i always wandered what the last names of everyone else was.we know their first names but no last names.

It depends on which version of night you're talking about. In NOTLD 90' they mention judy's last name, it's LARSON.

DEAD BEAT
22-Jun-2007, 08:19 PM
Did i forget to mention that Rhodes (circa 2007) face looks like left out bread pudding and his body looks like a panty hose stuffed with oranges! :D

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 08:21 PM
Sounds like he hasn't been taking very good care of himself. Is he good with his hygine? Or do his underarms smell like a bag of onions?

DEAD BEAT
22-Jun-2007, 08:36 PM
Sounds like he hasn't been taking very good care of himself. Is he good with his hygine? Or do his underarms smell like a bag of onions?

Hope this helps clear the air!

Guess who's the fat fuuck on the left?

jdog
22-Jun-2007, 08:38 PM
You know what i also thought was fake? Okay, we're men, so how are you going to stuff, for all intents and purposes, the last woman in the world with those ghouls? She would have been the last thing i would have parted with. She's infinitely more valuable than his fat, beer bellied lackeys. There you have it, the prosecution rests your honor. Rhodes is gay. He wanted a 24-7 sausage fest. :moon:

man your tainting the image of my favorite alltime character:rockbrow:
the gay therory does explain alot of questions though:lol:

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 12:24 AM
Hey, i didn't want to believe it either. Alot of things that you find out as you get older in life are not pretty.(santa, easter bunny, etc.) Just add rhodes to the list. If you have an alternate explanation for this overtly gay behavior, i'd like to hear it.

sandrock74
23-Jun-2007, 03:24 AM
Nah, Rhodes wasn't gay. He wasn't all metrosexual looking enough. He didn't seem to fret over his or anyone else's appearance...granted we didn't see his living domicile, that could have told us a lot about him!

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 03:31 AM
Nah, Rhodes wasn't gay. He wasn't all metrosexual looking enough. He didn't seem to fret over his or anyone else's appearance...granted we didn't see his living domicile, that could have told us a lot about him!

:lol: :lol:

I've seen plenty of dudes that looked rough and tough but in reality they were gayer than a pink tank top.