PDA

View Full Version : Your ONE favorite game of all time?

CoinReturn
20-Jun-2007, 10:51 PM
In this thread, we discuss your favorite game of all time. Thats right, no lists of your top 5, etc. You have to narrow it down, and tell us why its your favorite.

GDnPYoGzW78

Mine is Chrono Cross for Playstation. No other game has come close in story, atmosphere or music (best soundtrack ever, in my opinion). Everything about the game flows so well. Surprisingly, the graphics still hold up today. The hand-drawn backgrounds are great. From an idealistic paradise town, to a futuristic, yet dead city, all of the environments are a joy to play through. If I had one complaint though, its that the story gets a bit confusing and convoluted near the end. A small chink in the otherwise pristine armor, though. SquareEnix has yet to come close with a game of this caliber, though I hear Final Fantasy XII is pretty good.

Easily my favorite of all time.

Danny
20-Jun-2007, 11:18 PM
i honestly cannot pick one, theres so many games with so many epic moments, i honestly cannot pick one, thats like picking one favourite movie you mind just cant pick one cus theres so many to pick from.

darth los
20-Jun-2007, 11:27 PM
i honestly cannot pick one, theres so many games with so many epic moments, i honestly cannot pick one, thats like picking one favourite movie you mind just cant pick one cus theres so many to pick from.

I agree with hellsing. But if you put a gun to my head and i absolutely had to answer i'd have to say resident evil 2.

EvilNed
20-Jun-2007, 11:32 PM
If someone tells me how to embed videos, I'll tell you.

Eyebiter
21-Jun-2007, 03:45 AM
X-COM: UFO Defense One of the few DOS games I've played repeatedly over the years. The objective is to shoot down or capture enemy UFO's and bring items back to base. Scientists research alien technology, engineers produce new weapons and craft to defend earth against enemy attacks. Great game.

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 03:48 AM
X-COM: UFO Defense One of the few DOS games I've played repeatedly over the years. The objective is to shoot down or capture enemy UFO's and bring items back to base. Scientists research alien technology, engineers produce new weapons and craft to defend earth against enemy attacks. Great game.

It sucks that all these cool ass games are only for the p.c. Does that game still hold up well today?

Eyebiter
21-Jun-2007, 03:51 AM
Yeah even though the graphics are outdated the gameplay is still good. There was a version for the original Sony Playstation. People used to mention it was slow to save or load games. Not sure perhaps the old Xcom PS disk would work on a PS2 or PS3.

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 03:54 AM
Yeah even though the graphics are outdated the gameplay is still good. There was a version for the original Sony Playstation. People used to mention it was slow to save or load games. Not sure perhaps the old Xcom PS disk would work on a PS2 or PS3.

If it's available for the original ps. I may have to check it out one day, it's probably dirt chaep by now. Even if that's the case ebay screws you with those damn shipping costs.

mista_mo
21-Jun-2007, 03:57 AM
warhammer 40,000 Dawn of war: dark crusade.

It is the best strategy game I have played, and i am a huge warhammer fan. put 2 and 2 togetehr and you get 4 as they say.

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 04:16 AM
warhammer 40,000 Dawn of war: dark crusade.

It is the best strategy game I have played, and i am a huge warhammer fan. put 2 and 2 togetehr and you get 4 as they say.

Well, literally you would get 22 if you "put"them together. Now if you "add" them it would be 4. :p Hey, i'm just saying.

mista_mo
21-Jun-2007, 04:28 AM

if you put 4 and 4 together you get 44, now divide that by 2 so that's 22, then add 7 to get 29, and we all know what 29 means...

it's the number of times i'm going to punch you in the face.

DeadJonas190
21-Jun-2007, 05:50 AM
Chrono Trigger is my favorite game of all time. I have played through it many times and I absolutly love the game. The story, the game play, even the graphics were fantastic at the time. Even though the graphics are dated now, I still love it because graphics do not make the game, game play does and Chrono Trigger is phenomenal.

jdog
21-Jun-2007, 06:39 AM
blades of steel

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 06:42 AM
blades of steel

I used to love that game!! I always chose 3 fat skaters and 2 skinny ones. How did you do it?

jdog
21-Jun-2007, 06:56 AM
I used to love that game!! I always chose 3 fat skaters and 2 skinny ones. How did you do it?

your thinking of another game called ice hocky for nintendo. but i used to play that one all the time to and ya the fat guys had the hard shots so i would go with ussually 3 of them to. i loved the fights to. that game is classic one of my old school favs.

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 07:02 AM
your thinking of another game called ice hocky for nintendo. but i used to play that one all the time to and ya the fat guys had the hard shots so i would go with ussually 3 of them to. i loved the fights to. that game is classic one of my old school favs.

oops. :o Cut me some slack will ya it's 3 in the morning. :D

jdog
21-Jun-2007, 07:07 AM
oops. :o Cut me some slack will ya it's 3 in the morning. :D

what country do you live in?:D its only 1am in canada where i'am:lol:

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 07:10 AM
The united states. New York specifically.

jdog
21-Jun-2007, 07:13 AM
The united states. New York specifically.

you ever go see a rangers game in NY? my self i'm going to philly to see one this winter.

Craig
21-Jun-2007, 10:03 PM
Despite all the games I absolutely adore I'd have to say it's Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 for me at the moment, it's the most awesome and immersive WWII FPS I'm sure exists, and the fact it started as a simple mod and the developers are still supporting the game with patches and map packs just secures my position on this.

Couple of trailers for anyone interested:

aOphUu1Uhdg

84cOLK1cMZI

Don't be put off by the UT2K4 engine, the graphics are seriously gritty and a realistic and would recommend this to any one who likes WWII games or has an interest in WWII.

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 10:44 PM
you ever go see a rangers game in NY? my self i'm going to philly to see one this winter.

I know this is blasphemy where you're from but no. :( I'm not that big a hockey fan. I get into it in the playoffs though. I'm so glad anaheim won this year. I had them in 03' when they lost to the devils. :mad:

capncnut
22-Jun-2007, 07:07 PM
I don't think anyone needs to ask me mine. Shenmue on the Dreamcast. :cool:

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 07:33 PM
Really!?! I'm shocked. :eek: I never would have guessed. :lol:

CoinReturn
22-Jun-2007, 09:44 PM
It was a tough choice for me between Shenmue 1 and 2 (I consider them a single game) and Chrono Cross. Both are the best games for their systems, methinks.

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 11:04 PM
There's also ocarina of time. It's a flawless game and also the best on it's console imo.

DVW5150
24-Jun-2007, 06:47 AM
I would have to say Half Life 2 ...
Thew physics engine alone is phenomenal , the enemies are intelligent ...
Later in the game you have allies (antlions) that were previous enemies.
Its been discussed about the subtle sub plots, the almost human element it has.
Its like being part of a fantastic sci-fi film, but more than that.

I friggin love this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTbL5elVXrU

darth los
24-Jun-2007, 07:49 PM
Damn does halo 3 have alot to live up to...