PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of the Hari Krishna Zombie (NEW FIGURE!)

axlish
21-Jun-2007, 03:28 PM
Coming soon from NECA (please release a few dozen more in the same vein NECA, I love these effin things!)
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/gargoylesanddarkactionfigures_1955_42987520

bassman
21-Jun-2007, 04:17 PM
Awesome. I've yet to find any of the previous releases. Dawn or Shaun.:(

capncnut
21-Jun-2007, 06:13 PM
I love the boxes and the broken lamp on the floor, I think them little details are really cool.

MinionZombie
21-Jun-2007, 06:35 PM
Indeed, well played clerks...i.e. whoever made that figurine thingy. Nice details, and it actually LOOKS like the Krishna zombie! :)

axlish
21-Jun-2007, 07:21 PM
The CDC boxes are choice. I got to thinking, they could really string this along. I don't think there is a single zombie that I wouldn't be interested in buying.
-Sweater Vest Zombie (Clayton Hill)
-Nurse Zombie (Sharon Hill)
-Machete Zombie (Lenny Lies)
-AK47 Zombie (Jay Stover)
-Fat Zombie
-Helicopter Zombie (Jim Krut)
-Airport Kids Zombies (Mike and Donna Savini)
-Miquel Zombie
I'm sure theres more...

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 10:35 PM
I love the boxes and the broken lamp on the floor, I think them little details are really cool.

Yeah those civil defense boxes are a nice touch. Whoever did this they did it with alot of tlc. Zombie nerds like us really appreciate that sort of thing. Where can we get these things?

MontagMOI
22-Jun-2007, 09:39 AM
Looks cool. I would like to see them produce figures of some of the living characters from Dawn (A set of Peter, Roger, Stephen and Fran with a JC Penneys diarama would be magic). Also, I hope we see a Bub figure sometime soon. I already have the Flyboy figure but haven't yet got the Plaid shirt Zombie.

"Loo loo loo I got some apples, loo loo loo I got some too"

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 12:13 PM
Looks cool. I would like to see them produce figures of some of the living characters from Dawn (A set of Peter, Roger, Stephen and Fran with a JC Penneys diarama would be magic). Also, I hope we see a Bub figure sometime soon. I already have the Flyboy figure but haven't yet got the Plaid shirt Zombie.

If they make those figures as high quality as this one then they'll be a must buy. I wonder what that figure is made of. Plastic, cast iron maybe?

DEAD BEAT
22-Jun-2007, 05:55 PM

What about Stephen as a zombie in mid flight just after gettin blasted threw the head by Peter!
;)

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 06:11 PM
What about Stephen as a zombie in mid flight just after gettin blasted threw the head by Peter!
;)

Better yet, one that depicts him swing the mallet at the zombie at the airport where he hits him with only his forearm. :lol:

axlish
03-Oct-2007, 06:25 PM
The Hare Krisna Zombie figure hit store shelves on Tuesday, FYI. I had to order online because the stores around here suck! Happy hunting!

http://necaonline.com/images/product/61104/61104.jpg

AcesandEights
03-Oct-2007, 06:34 PM
Okay, what is that on the ground, in front of the boxes?

The piece looks good, though!

Neil
03-Oct-2007, 06:37 PM
The Hare Krisna Zombie figure hit store shelves on Tuesday, FYI. I had to order online because the stores around here suck! Happy hunting!

http://necaonline.com/images/product/61104/61104.jpg

Those boxes are effective!

Tricky
03-Oct-2007, 07:12 PM
Okay, what is that on the ground, in front of the boxes?

The piece looks good, though!

I'd say its a lamp/lantern of some kind,il have to re-watch the film again to see if its actually there or not :lol:

AcesandEights
03-Oct-2007, 07:32 PM
I'd say its a lamp/lantern of some kind,il have to re-watch the film again to see if its actually there or not :lol:

Oh, I see what you mean. Like one of those lanterns that has a wire mesh cage to guard the bulb and hook to hang it from. Good eyes, man!

axlish
03-Oct-2007, 08:52 PM
Oh, I see what you mean. Like one of those lanterns that has a wire mesh cage to guard the bulb and hook to hang it from. Good eyes, man!

Exactly. When he tumbles over the boxes on the way to Fran, he knocks the utility light off of the ceiling.

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2007, 09:56 AM
Those boxes are effective!
She should have stacked them along the floor right up to the wall opposite the door, then it would have stayed shut...or hoof the boxes up under the door handle. :sneaky:

Yojimbo
04-Oct-2007, 05:10 PM
-AK47 Zombie (Jay Stover)

I'm sure theres more...

I'm pretty sure that was an M-16 or AR-15 (or possibly an XM-10) and not an AK-47.

I do agree with the suggestion of zombie figures! That would be too cool!

MinionZombie
04-Oct-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that was an M-16 or AR-15 (or possibly an XM-10) and not an AK-47.

I do agree with the suggestion of zombie figures! That would be too cool!
Indeed, it was at first the machine gun/rifle/whatever-cos-I'm-not-a-gun-nerd that Roger lost, and then at the end the same zombie still had that gun, and then ditched it in favour of Peter's sniper rifle.

DubiousComforts
04-Oct-2007, 05:54 PM
I own one of the actual prop guns from Gary Zeller. I believe he said it's an M-16, but I don't recall exactly. I can post a photo and perhaps one of the gun saavy here can identify it.

axlish
04-Oct-2007, 06:20 PM
My mistake, it is definitely not an AK-47. It looks like an M-16.

Yojimbo
04-Oct-2007, 06:21 PM
I own one of the actual prop guns from Gary Zeller. I believe he said it's an M-16, but I don't recall exactly. I can post a photo and perhaps one of the gun saavy here can identify it.

Duuude, no way! You've got the holy grail!

How did you get this? How much did you pay for this (if you don't mind sharing) Can I have it please? (I'm kidding of course, but if you ever want to sell this I would be way interested!)

Please post photos and details of the workings. It always appeared to me to be some sort of conversion of an M-16, possibly something retooled to take 22 caliber blanks. There is a sequence when Peter is reloading his weapon, and it appears that there is a slender clip that fits into the bottom of a false magazine attached to the rifle. I have also seen screencaps that gives a close up view of this mechanisim, and you can clearly see the end of the clip or something protruding from the bottom of what would be an actual magazine for an M-16.

DubiousComforts
04-Oct-2007, 07:23 PM
Duuude, no way! You've got the holy grail!

How did you get this? How much did you pay for this (if you don't mind sharing) Can I have it please? (I'm kidding of course, but if you ever want to sell this I would be way interested!)
Years ago, someone was selling props for special effect guy Gary Zeller on eBay. He had a DotD M-16, Flyboy's handgun and (I think) a rubber baseball bat. Post-9/11, you don't see stuff like this on eBay any longer.

I couldn't identify the baseball bat actually being in the film, so I passed on it. I was *really* interested in Flyboy's handgun, the one found in the mall maintenance room. The problem was that photos and screencaps eventually revealed that it wasn't actually the handgun in DAWN, but the one used in the Stallone movie, Nighthawks. So I ended up buying the M-16 instead; he gave me a "good deal" due to the handgun mistake. ;)

While it's really cool, I don't consider the M-16 a "holy grail" because there are at least a dozen shown in the film and in photos, obviously all supplied by Zeller's The Plastics Factory. There is no way of knowing which of the guns were spefically used by Ken Foree and Scott Reiniger; I'd just assume that all of the props were made available during shooting. I'll post some photos later.

axlish
04-Oct-2007, 08:19 PM
There is no way of knowing which of the guns were spefically used by Ken Foree and Scott Reiniger; I'd just assume that all of the props were made available during shooting. I'll post some photos later.

Greg Nicotero owns Peter's M-16.

DubiousComforts
04-Oct-2007, 08:35 PM
Greg Nicotero owns Peter's M-16.
Now that's a holy grail! ;)

Yojimbo
04-Oct-2007, 08:42 PM

Agree with you there!

axlish
05-Oct-2007, 01:09 AM