PDA

View Full Version : A thought that struck me the other day...

Philly_SWAT
21-Jun-2007, 08:58 PM
When Riley and company are out looking for Cholo, Riley says something like "I know where Cholo's going. Mt. Washington. From there, you have a perfect vantage point to shell the Green." Well, I was thinking that from Mt Washington, there really isnt a good vantage point to shell the Green. Perhaps my memory is wrong on this, but I thought that the missles on top of the Dead Reckoning could only fire forward. Normally, top mounted weapons have the ability to swivel, but in the movie it looked like they only had the ability to move up a little, then the,... "cover" would come off, and then they fired, but toward the front of DR only. If that is true, the only place you could get to fire from on top of Mt Washington would be on Grandview Ave, which mostly has building on the side of the street you would need to be on. Also, they is not a lot of room up there to manuver around a big vehicle such as the DR. It would be much easier to fire on downtown Pitt from the North shore somewhere, or even the South shore.

darth los
21-Jun-2007, 11:49 PM
When Riley and company are out looking for Cholo, Riley says something like "I know where Cholo's going. Mt. Washington. From there, you have a perfect vantage point to shell the Green." Well, I was thinking that from Mt Washington, there really isnt a good vantage point to shell the Green. Perhaps my memory is wrong on this, but I thought that the missles on top of the Dead Reckoning could only fire forward. Normally, top mounted weapons have the ability to swivel, but in the movie it looked like they only had the ability to move up a little, then the,... "cover" would come off, and then they fired, but toward the front of DR only. If that is true, the only place you could get to fire from on top of Mt Washington would be on Grandview Ave, which mostly has building on the side of the street you would need to be on. Also, they is not a lot of room up there to manuver around a big vehicle such as the DR. It would be much easier to fire on downtown Pitt from the North shore somewhere, or even the South shore.

Like you did i'm just speculating, but who knows what went on in the 3-5 year span since the dead began to walk. I'm assuming that there must have been a heavy military response with conventional weapons at some point, ( if it had been nuclear the place would still be glowing) perhaps enough to change the surrounding landscape. Also, Gar has never been worried about "inconsistencies" in the dead films. We could start a thread just on that alone. Besides people from the area and those of your ilk, who religiously follow this stuff, i don't think anybody would know the difference.