PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Comedian

Minerva_Zombi
22-Jun-2007, 04:46 AM
Who is the best Stand Up Comedian you have ever seen? I'd say Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy (His 80's stuff is great), and probably Richard Pryor. I haven't seen too much of Richard Pryor, but what I did see was great.

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 05:02 AM
Who is the best Stand Up Comedian you have ever seen? I'd say Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy (His 80's stuff is great), and probably Richard Pryor. I haven't seen too much of Richard Pryor, but what I did see was great.

I'm a comedy buff so i've seen all those guys. I'd have to say that at his peak eddie was the funniest. I'd put delirious up against any other stand up special. It's all a matter of personal taste imo. I know people who worship pryor but i don't find him that funny at all, he was more dirty. Eddie was a dirty MF as well but it was just so funny you had to laugh.

jdog
22-Jun-2007, 07:08 AM
i like richard prior in his prime that mutherf**ker was hillarious.

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 07:10 AM
Alot of people like red fox as well. he was the godfather of raunch.

jdog
22-Jun-2007, 07:17 AM
from what i have had a chance to hear red fox was good to. i was young though and cant really remember it that well.

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 07:18 AM
Me niether. I just remember him as the old fart from sanford and son.

jdog
22-Jun-2007, 07:23 AM
thats a show i bet i havnt seen for over 20 years

Eyebiter
22-Jun-2007, 05:06 PM
Sam Kinison

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 05:41 PM
Dave chappelle was hilarious as well, but didn't do it for a long enough period of time. Plus he never had that one standout standup performance.

MikePizzoff
22-Jun-2007, 10:07 PM
I absolutely love Richard Pryor's stand-up. In fact, I was talking about it at work today.

Eddie Murphy's real old stuff is pure gold.

Dave Chappelle is hillarious.

Dimitri Martin has got some pretty funny material, but he's probably one of the only white comedians that really makes me laugh hard.

EDIT: Ah, how could I forget Sam Kinison!

MissJacksonCA
22-Jun-2007, 11:07 PM
Well I really liked Bill Cosby from late 80s early 90s ...his best performance was at Carnegie Hall and he was talking about being a working class person and basically you wait all week long for Friday which is generally payday and then what do you do? You're so tired from your week of work that you go to the bar for happy hour and you get **** faced and next thing you know you're on your knees in front of the seat filled with water and begging God to make it stop but hey who knew your body held so many fluids? Finally the weekend is over and you're still hungover on Monday morning but eventually you start to look forward to Friday so you can get paid and of course we all know what comes next...

But as funny as everyday humor is I love political humor and no ones better at that than Lewis Black... he's friggin awesome! And Eddie Izzard is a close second.

I miss the Canadien Air Farce show... it was great

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 11:38 PM
I like the dentist bit from cosby's special myself. Once you have kids mj, you'll have a whole new appreciation for that special.

Debbieangel
23-Jun-2007, 12:33 AM
I can't believe nobody mentioned Robin Williams? But, I love all the rest mentioned!
Darth, ya, Bill Cosby and the dentist is classic stuff!
If ya get the chance get that vhs or dvd of him "Bill Cosby Himself" I promise you will laugh. Oh, and "Bill Cosby at 49" is good too!
There are some other comedians I love but, just can't bring them to mind right now!

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 12:39 AM
I can't believe nobody mentioned Robin Williams? But, I love all the rest mentioned!
Darth, ya, Bill Cosby and the dentist is classic stuff!
If ya get the chance get that vhs or dvd of him "Bill Cosby Himself" I promise you will laugh. Oh, and "Bill Cosby at 49" is good too!
There are some other comedians I love but, just can't bring them to mind right now!

I find that robin williams is an aquired taste. I didn't like him at first. He had to grow on me. He's good in small doses imo.