View Full Version : Indy's back!

Neil
22-Jun-2007, 10:23 AM
http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/news20070621.html

bassman
22-Jun-2007, 02:52 PM
He's back!........with an oxygen tank!

Nah.....he really doesn't look as old as I had imagined when they started talking about this. I just really wish they could have convinced Sean Connery to return as Jones Sr.

Neil
22-Jun-2007, 03:11 PM
He's back!........with an oxygen tank!

Nah.....he really doesn't look as old as I had imagined when they started talking about this. I just really wish they could have convinced Sean Connery to return as Jones Sr.

I'm glad they haven't got connery... Let's see something new...

bassman
22-Jun-2007, 03:29 PM
Well....the character is definitely in the script. Whether or not they wrote the character out after Connery declined, I dunno. Some people are saying that John Hurt was hired to replace him. That's just a rumor at this point, of course.

I do like the idea of Jim Broadbent portraying the same sort of comedic sidekick that Denholm Elliott played in "Raiders" and "Crusade".

My main hope is that Speilberg still has his head in the right place.

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 05:12 PM
Legendary directors/film makers who try to revive franchises 20 years after their peak worry me. :confused: (cough...lucas...cough) Well now we have Ford, Willis and Stallone present and accounted for. Now all we need is the governator to check in so that team geritol can be complete. They should all just do an action flick together. Like a space cowboys for the Modern day fan.

fartpants
22-Jun-2007, 06:55 PM
looks good, i'll see it when it comes out :D :D

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 07:15 PM
It's not that that i don't like those franchises, because i do. There's a quandry though. If you cast new actors in these roles you lose the recognition of people who associate these actors with the roles they made famous. I couldn't picture anybody else playing rambo, but someone else would feel weird. I think it hurt the batman franchise not having one consistent actor for the role.

bassman
22-Jun-2007, 07:25 PM
I think it hurt the batman franchise not having one consistent actor for the role.

Really? I think there were two things and two things alone that ruined the previous batman franchise: Joel Shumacher and nipples.:lol:

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 08:03 PM
Really? I think there were two things and two things alone that ruined the previous batman franchise: Joel Shumacher and nipples.:lol:

:lol: :lol:

It's true, What was with those rubber nipple suits anyway? george clooney will never live that one down. He jokes about it till' this day.

bassman
22-Jun-2007, 08:22 PM
:lol: :lol:

It's true, What was with those rubber nipple suits anyway? george clooney will never live that one down. He jokes about it till' this day.

Even Shumacher himself laughs about it. He actually apologizes to the fans on the DVD commentary!:lol:

darth los
22-Jun-2007, 11:49 PM
Even Shumacher himself laughs about it. He actually apologizes to the fans on the DVD commentary!:lol:

As if there weren't enough rumors swirling about the ambigously gay relationship between batman and robin. They had to go squeeze them into s & m outfits which just confirmed what we already suspected.