PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you have to beat your kid...

MissJacksonCA
22-Jun-2007, 07:03 PM
I've never condoned the act of hitting a child to say that something they have done was wrong. Until now... These people should have smacked some sense into their child and obviously there's some mental issues going on here... how in this day and age a man at his age can legally marry a 16 year old child is beyond me ...is that not statuatory rape? And what kind of sad sacks of parents would agree to the union? I say the town should get together and stone 'em to death to keep such idiots from reproducing... that goes for the girls parents and the newlywed couple...

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/coach-40-weds-16-year-old-student/20070622090809990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

jdog
22-Jun-2007, 08:49 PM
I've never condoned the act of hitting a child to say that something they have done was wrong. Until now... These people should have smacked some sense into their child and obviously there's some mental issues going on here... how in this day and age a man at his age can legally marry a 16 year old child is beyond me ...is that not statuatory rape? And what kind of sad sacks of parents would agree to the union? I say the town should get together and stone 'em to death to keep such idiots from reproducing... that goes for the girls parents and the newlywed couple...

http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/coach-40-weds-16-year-old-student/20070622090809990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

just untill rescently untill they changed it but the legal age with parents consent was 14 in canada:eek:
to me thats just wrong:confused:

fartpants
22-Jun-2007, 09:49 PM
its sad but sometimes a slap is all a kid will understand...

MikePizzoff
22-Jun-2007, 10:03 PM
MissJackson the legal age of consent in a ton of states is 16. Some even go as low as 14 years old.

It's not illegal, it's just gross. I think having the people killed over it is a tad bit drastic. Just ship them off, away from "normal" society. But who's to say what's normal?

Although I whole-heartedly believe that age is just a number and some people are plenty mature enough to make their own decisions, BUT 40 years old is way too old to be with a 16, or even 18 for that matter, year old. I'd say that 23 is pushing it for a 16 year old (WITH CONSENT). I'm sure some of you will completely disagree with me, say I'm disgusting, and that no man/woman should be touched until the day they turn 18, as if that magically flips some switch in their brain and they're suddenly as mature as you can possibly be and able to make perfectly right-minded choices in life.

MissJacksonCA
22-Jun-2007, 11:03 PM
Its not that they're not normal as much as they obviously have little concern for their childs well being. They seemed to take every possible action against the man who was taking interest in their daughter except how dare they sign the consent form? They should have let them abscond together and call in the FBI for taking a minor across state lines.

But in a way Mike you're right... its not totally abnormal... long ago people got married at much younger ages than Id say they do today though young marriages are making a comeback. But still marrying someone old enough to be your dad and being only 16 when it happens? Give me a bloody break she can't comprehend how she's destroying her life and how sick is he for doing it.

I can't imagine its legal with parental consent because simply ...a man 18+ can't have sex with a minor in any state? Or is that not so?

There also used to be a law in i'm going to guess... 1999 where a person 18+ can be charged with something to the effect of influning a minor in such a way that it breaks the law. For instance a person of age keeping a minor out beyond curfew set by the state or city or serving alcohol to a minor. I want to say disillusioning a minor but damn its times like these that I realize how bad my memory is lol...

I do agree that age is just a number and there's no acurate method for counting the 'true age' of a person. Life experiences can age you beyond your years and similarly a sheltered life can keep you naive. I am not against relationships where a 18 or 19 year old is dating someone 16+ ...I think the age difference there is negligable but when you're dealing with a girl in high school and junior high ...heck even some in college... they have a different way of looking at a relationship and at a man and their tendency is to want forever. They're easily impressioned and stupid and thats why there's laws (IMO) to protect them from statuatory rape (in theory) and thats why we say at 18 you should know better than to attempt a sexual relationship with a younger female (because they dont know better) ... and just generally women and men often treat sex differently.

But I dont think that sometimes a slap is all a kid will understand... if thats the case perhaps the parents shouldn't have been consuming drugs and alcohol during pregnancy.

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 02:11 AM
Its not that they're not normal as much as they obviously have little concern for their childs well being. They seemed to take every possible action against the man who was taking interest in their daughter except how dare they sign the consent form? They should have let them abscond together and call in the FBI for taking a minor across state lines.

But in a way Mike you're right... its not totally abnormal... long ago people got married at much younger ages than Id say they do today though young marriages are making a comeback. But still marrying someone old enough to be your dad and being only 16 when it happens? Give me a bloody break she can't comprehend how she's destroying her life and how sick is he for doing it.

I can't imagine its legal with parental consent because simply ...a man 18+ can't have sex with a minor in any state? Or is that not so?

There also used to be a law in i'm going to guess... 1999 where a person 18+ can be charged with something to the effect of influning a minor in such a way that it breaks the law. For instance a person of age keeping a minor out beyond curfew set by the state or city or serving alcohol to a minor. I want to say disillusioning a minor but damn its times like these that I realize how bad my memory is lol...

I do agree that age is just a number and there's no acurate method for counting the 'true age' of a person. Life experiences can age you beyond your years and similarly a sheltered life can keep you naive. I am not against relationships where a 18 or 19 year old is dating someone 16+ ...I think the age difference there is negligable but when you're dealing with a girl in high school and junior high ...heck even some in college... they have a different way of looking at a relationship and at a man and their tendency is to want forever. They're easily impressioned and stupid and thats why there's laws (IMO) to protect them from statuatory rape (in theory) and thats why we say at 18 you should know better than to attempt a sexual relationship with a younger female (because they dont know better) ... and just generally women and men often treat sex differently.

But I dont think that sometimes a slap is all a kid will understand... if thats the case perhaps the parents shouldn't have been consuming drugs and alcohol during pregnancy.

The reason why poplelong ago married girls when they wre very young, sometimes as soon as they got their period was to have children. You have to put yourself in a different day and age. Haven't you noticed that people from back in the day used to have 5-10 children. It was a nescesity on a coouple of fronts.

1) If youn had 10 children 5 of them were going to die at age 5. The herd was going to be thinned out so you needed more. Nowdays this is not a concern as the earth is presently overpopulated. These traditions still carry on today in some places. they just never caught up with the times.

2) many children were needed in order to help around the house/farm and to work. This still goes on in countries tiday that are not as economically developed as our own. It's common to see 8 year old children working in the fields. We make fun of latin american countries and why they have so many kids. It's because in that pert of the world this way of doing things is still nescessary.

Mikes right, the legal age of consent varies from state to state. Even if a minor is not at the age of consent they can still get married with their parents consent and the okay of a judge. However they must first demonstrate the mental cpacity that's nescesary in order to engage in such a union. That's just the law. If you don't like , change it.

And like i said, when you become a parent yourself your tune is going to change about kids. It's easy to say" if this were my kid i'd knock some sense into them." That sounds great in theory but it doesn't really work like that in real life. You have to foster a good relationship with your children because one day the roles will be reversed and they will be taking care of you. Everything you put them through will come back to you. It's like a line from superman returns: "The son becomes the father and the father becomes the son." Truer words were never spoken. You'll understand that kids are going to do what they're going to do with or without you. No amount of beatings is going to change that. Sometimes they are nescesary but it's not the only way. Kids are people also with their own wants and needs and thwere comes a point where you have to let them spread their wings and either fail or succeed on their own. F**k the peace core. Being a parent is the hardest job you'll ever love.