PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear: Hammond Crash - "nobody to blame"...

MinionZombie
22-Jun-2007, 07:11 PM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070622/tuk-entertainment-britain-television-aut-b5b5cc4.html

Thought any Top Gear fans might be interested to read, if they haven't done so yet.

capncnut
22-Jun-2007, 09:17 PM
Good stuff. Now Hammy can put this unfortunate mess behind him.

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 04:10 AM
Wow that's a miracle that he's ok. And i'll bet that he'll get right back in the saddle as soon as he's able.

MinionZombie
23-Jun-2007, 09:58 AM
Wow that's a miracle that he's ok. And i'll bet that he'll get right back in the saddle as soon as he's able.
Already did, a few short months after the crash he was back presenting Top Gear and driving cars around corners like a loony. We'll see even more of him in the tenth series (in the Autumn) as he'll have filmed some new stuff by then.

flyboy
24-Jun-2007, 07:54 PM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070622/tuk-entertainment-britain-television-aut-b5b5cc4.html

Thought any Top Gear fans might be interested to read, if they haven't done so yet.

i cant bloody do with hammond, he's an hatefull swine.:mad:

darth los
24-Jun-2007, 08:10 PM
Already did, a few short months after the crash he was back presenting Top Gear and driving cars around corners like a loony. We'll see even more of him in the tenth series (in the Autumn) as he'll have filmed some new stuff by then.

Doesn't suprise me at all. There's something different that makes these guys tick from the rest of us. They just need that rush i guess.

MinionZombie
25-Jun-2007, 05:07 PM
Adrenaline rush indeed.

Flyboy, what the hell you schmokin'? :rockbrow:

I hope the rumours of a summer special to tide us over are true.

capncnut
25-Jun-2007, 08:01 PM
I hope the rumours of a summer special to tide us over are true.
Yeah me too, life's a little bit cold and echoey without TG. Still, at least we got the UK Gold repeats to make us all fuzzy wuzzy. :D

MinionZombie
25-Jun-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah me too, life's a little bit cold and echoey without TG. Still, at least we got the UK Gold repeats to make us all fuzzy wuzzy. :D
Although I wish they'd bloody well show Series 8 on Ch111/159 already! Constantly flitting all around series 3 through series 7 with the best of shows is rather annoying.

Get series 8 and 9 going already! :rolleyes:

Of course, I could just watch my downloaded back catalogue of episodes. :)

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 09:54 PM
What channel is this guy on/ Is he like an evil knenevil type or something? Cause if he is i'd love to watch him wipe out.

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2007, 10:31 AM
What channel is this guy on/ Is he like an evil knenevil type or something? Cause if he is i'd love to watch him wipe out.
Google and Wikipedia are your friend. :sneaky::rockbrow:

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 04:48 PM
But then i'll have no excuse to bug you. :( And you'll miss an opportunity to look all knowing and stuff.:D

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2007, 05:49 PM
But then i'll have no excuse to bug you. :( And you'll miss an opportunity to look all knowing and stuff.:D
I'm all-knowing anyway...I'm a Mod. :D:lol::p

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 06:54 PM
That's true, as it pertains to this site anyway. You guys are like the c.i.a. Information flows upstream and never back down. What would be your code name in the field?

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2007, 07:45 PM
*ahem* information flows downstream 'round 'ere too, chap...don't anger me or I'll get my all-powerful powers out on yee. :elol::D

I duno, something like "Mr Mega-Awesome". :p

Danny
26-Jun-2007, 09:30 PM
wereas zombie flesh eater members are the guys who work at the pentagon, but only make the tea:lol:

and my codename would be "kickass mc.awesomeness", blatantly!:lol:

and correct me if im wrong but didnt we see form hammonds view on top gear the crash start with a tyre exploding whilst he was at like 150 mph or something?, and yet its taken this long to judge it as an accident?:rolleyes:

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 09:54 PM
and my codename would be "kickass mc.awesomeness", blatantly!:lol:

No hells, tell us how you really feel about yourself. :D

MinionZombie
27-Jun-2007, 09:56 AM
Indeed, but you know how it is with these investigations. The actions of every single person has to be poured over, forms have to be filled, sent off, sent back, sent off again, testimonials and that's the tip of the iceberg. "Investigations" are always a swamp.

But indeed, it was the tyre that did it...and had the runway been wider, like twice as wide, the car wouldn't have flipped over. He'd have just done the world's fastest spin-out, but because he went onto the grass on the side, that made the car 'dig in' and then flip.

capncnut
28-Jun-2007, 09:08 PM
I duno, something like "Mr Mega-Awesome". :p
Or Mr Smoke-A-Bowl-O-Bone-Ash. :D

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2007, 10:48 AM
Ah, that's Zombie Man, not I... ... perhaps "Mr Sleep-In", I don't half love a good lie in. :D

Yorkie
29-Jun-2007, 10:52 AM
I remember when it happened it was on the radio while I was in the car on my way to work, I sat in the car for ages listening to find out if they said anything else.

Top Gear just wouldn't have been the same without him, and his recovery has been fantastic to say what he went through and they weren't even sure that he would be able to walk or anything again.

They make talking about cars interesting like when they have to do a challenge.

lMVWRcrRkY
Embedded by your friendly, neighbourhood MinionZombie. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lMVWRcrRkY

didn't know how to make it embedded so had to do it this way.

That was the stupidest thing they have ever done, but since they lived through it it was okay.

Watched 5th Gear before and it's nothing compared to TG!!

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2007, 11:14 AM
Hmmm...despite embedding it correctly, the video seems to absolutely refuse to appear. :confused:

Anyway, click the link and watch.

And yes, Fifth Gear sucks the fat one, it's utter garbage. Top Gear is where it's at.

I remember for about a week after it happened (started watching when it was first reported on TV) I was glued to the TV for new information. Hammond rocks! :)

Yorkie
29-Jun-2007, 11:25 AM
Hmmm...despite embedding it correctly, the video seems to absolutely refuse to appear. :confused:

Thanks for trying, just watched it again and no matter how many times I see it, it still scares me :lol:

And yes, Fifth Gear sucks the fat one, it's utter garbage. Top Gear is where it's at.

Totally agree, one of the ones I saw a bit of they were trying to go round in continuous circles on a cart thing and that was supposed to be entertainment :rockbrow:

I remember for about a week after it happened (started watching when it was first reported on TV) I was glued to the TV for new information. Hammond rocks! :)

Yeah me too, along with every other Top Gear fan no doubt.

How many times have they joked about one of em being killed, it was way too close for comfort this time so hopefully they will quit with the death jokes cos it may be tempting fate.

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2007, 12:46 PM
It's odd watching series 8 repeats with the hindsight of the crash now, you see the death gags and of course in the last episode of that series Hammond rolled his van over onto it's side going round a corner - "scandanavian flick" I think he called it, hehe - so aye, seeing that after seeing the crash...oooh, close for comfort and all that...

The Americaland special from series 9 was great fun, really enjoyed it, it was a great adventure too and it was really about the three presenters themselves, absolutely spot-on camaraderie, superb stuff...but yes, the Alabama yokels were actually rather scary, lobbing rocks at the crew, "getting the boys" who turn up, cartoon style, in the back of a pick up with rabid dogs...geeeeeez.

A distinct lack of humour in Alabama methinks!

Yorkie
29-Jun-2007, 02:28 PM
"Anyone for roadkill for tea?" :lol:

Gonna have to go check out Gold now for some episodes.