PDA

View Full Version : Severed!?!

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 07:10 AM
Gives you pause before you get on that next thrill ride. I couldn't help but think about final destination.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19370592/

jdog
23-Jun-2007, 07:24 AM
im waiting for this one to hit the selves then ill pick up a copy.
been waiting to see this for some time now.

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 07:28 AM
Dude, did you even try to click on the link? :lol: :lol: :rockbrow:

jdog
23-Jun-2007, 07:38 AM
Dude, did you even try to click on the link? :lol: :lol: :rockbrow:

sh!t sorry dude i didnt even see the link i just thought you ment the movie(its late and i have a buzz:D )
i feel for that girl to be only thirteen and to lose both her legs in an accident like that would be truamatizing.:(

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 07:41 AM
sh!t sorry dude i didnt even see the link i just thought you ment the movie(its late and i have a buzz:D )
i feel for that girl to be only thirteen and to lose both her legs in an accident like that would be truamatizing.:(

I know, i probably should have named the thread something else. I do hope she's o.k. though. People think it's a joke when they give you safety instructions when you get on one of those things. Almost nobody pays attention. The two things they always tell you is to keep your limbs close and anything that could fly loose don't take it on the ride.

jdog
23-Jun-2007, 07:43 AM
so many preventable tragidies could be avoided if peaple would just take the time to listen and follow instructions.

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 07:44 AM
It's all fun and games till' someone loses a foot...or two.

Philly_SWAT
23-Jun-2007, 01:35 PM
Business was still booming at the park in question after it happened, so apparently, the public was not freaked out about it.

darth los
23-Jun-2007, 03:27 PM
If that isn't the height of corporate greed then i don't know what is. they're going to try and get that ride open asap. Every minute it's not up and running they lose money and that's the bottom line.

MissJacksonCA
24-Jun-2007, 11:03 PM
I thought that was pretty effed up. They didn't even say how or when her legs were severed on the ride. With the number of amusement park accidents lately that arent involving employee injuries (which they usually have in the past) its freaking me out. Of course since you only live this lifetime once that wont keep me from going...

darth los
24-Jun-2007, 11:12 PM
I thought that was pretty effed up. They didn't even say how or when her legs were severed on the ride. With the number of amusement park accidents lately that arent involving employee injuries (which they usually have in the past) its freaking me out. Of course since you only live this lifetime once that wont keep me from going...

I found it that they didn't mention any of those details also. I don't think that they are required to release that type of info. It's almost certainly in the medical report but that's private info as well. If they released how the injusy occured it would almost surely cost them millions.

EvilNed
24-Jun-2007, 11:17 PM
Ouch! I'm never going to the amusement park again. Unless I'm getting laid.

darth los
24-Jun-2007, 11:23 PM
Unless I'm getting laid.

We know the rules. All bets are off if even the slightest chance of sex exists. :lol:

EvilNed
24-Jun-2007, 11:50 PM
My feet ain't worth that much!

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 12:14 AM
My feet ain't worth that much!

not even for jessica alba? What if you didn't need them anymore?

MikePizzoff
25-Jun-2007, 03:25 AM
The way her FEET, not legs, got cut off was because a cable that pulled the coaster train snapped and wrapped around her ankles. The train plummeted downhill and once the cable didn't have any more slack... well, you can guess what happened.

It wasn't because she wasn't keeping her limbs inside the car... I'm pretty sure it was a ride in which your limbs are supposed to freely hang.

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 03:30 AM
The way her FEET, not legs, got cut off was because a cable that pulled the coaster train snapped and wrapped around her ankles. The train plummeted downhill and once the cable didn't have any more slack... well, you can guess what happened.

Damn that's gruesome. How did you find this out? Did six flags issue a press release?

MikePizzoff
25-Jun-2007, 03:38 AM
Damn that's gruesome. How did you find this out? Did six flags issue a press release?

I listen to talk radio all day at work. Every show on Friday had all the details about it and had sound clips of interviews with witness'.

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 03:40 AM
I listen to talk radio all day at work. Every show on Friday had all the details about it and had sound clips of interviews with witness'.

Oh, okay. i was going to say that i thought it was unlikely that six flags would give out any info. for fear it could be used against them in a lawsuit which is almost certainly coming.

DeadJonas190
25-Jun-2007, 04:12 AM
Poor girl. I wonder if they were able to reattach her feet. If not, I hope she gets a lot of money, accidents happen, but this poor girl lost her freaking feet!

It makes me cringe just thinking about it :(

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 04:27 AM
Poor girl. I wonder if they were able to reattach her feet. If not, I hope she gets a lot of money, accidents happen, but this poor girl lost her freaking feet!

It makes me cringe just thinking about it :(

No amount of money is worth that, but since it already happened she deserves to be compensated. She's never going to have a normal life. What kills me is the people who go around wishing to be hit by a car so they can sue. What idiots. :rolleyes:

fartpants
25-Jun-2007, 06:56 PM
so many preventable tragidies could be avoided if peaple would just take the time to listen and follow instructions.

if only the captain of the titanic read the manual cos it clearly says DO NOT USE THIS VEHICLE TO CLEAR ICEBERGS :lol: :lol:

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 07:29 PM
if only the captain of the titanic read the manual cos it clearly says DO NOT USE THIS VEHICLE TO CLEAR ICEBERGS :lol: :lol:

If "if" was a fifth we'd all be drunk.

MissJacksonCA
04-Jul-2007, 12:00 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19589017/

yay she got at least one foot back...

EvilNed
04-Jul-2007, 12:46 AM

And she didn't even get laid!

darth los
04-Jul-2007, 12:57 AM
And she didn't even get laid!

Which we all know is the true litmus test in these matters. :lol: