PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 ...

DVW5150
24-Jun-2007, 06:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1B4eDdkI_I

I know its not the hottest sh!t anymore, but this little cut from the xbox360 version aint half bad , from navgtr.

It has a more of a rigid look , than when I have played it on various pcs.

:elol:

darth los
24-Jun-2007, 07:48 PM
It's a decent game on the x box. I was like a scared little girl waiting for something to jump out at me. It has a great atmosphere and will make you go through the game slowly for fear of the next demon jumping out at you and taking a bite out your arse.

MinionZombie
25-Jun-2007, 05:54 PM
When I first played it on PC, damn was I cacking me kegs. I'd have to sit there talking to myself like "oh yeah, think ya hard? oh yeah, come on then, come on th...ARRRRGHHHH, HAVE THAT YA BASTARD!!! YEAH!!! ... alright who's next..." :lol:

Made my housemates laugh their asses off, they'd thought I'd gone crazy, just hearing me through the walls muttering to myself. :D

Then when I was playing it and a housemate on mushrooms came in, damn that was funny, he got sh*t scared and wigged out and begged me to stop playing it so I could protect him. :D

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 07:05 PM
When I first played it on PC, damn was I cacking me kegs. I'd have to sit there talking to myself like "oh yeah, think ya hard? oh yeah, come on then, come on th...ARRRRGHHHH, HAVE THAT YA BASTARD!!! YEAH!!! ... alright who's next..." :lol:

:lol:
That's when you know a game has a creepy atmosphere, when you're talking your way through it while you're moving at a snail's pace. lol
Reminds me of hudson from aliens, the marine who was talking smack to the aliens while he was shooting at them when it was obvious that he was the most frightened of the group.

MinionZombie
25-Jun-2007, 09:39 PM
That was me, I was doing a total Hudson during Doom 3, smack talk and "holy sh*t I'm scared right now" confidence boosting, baby stepping forward and then running back a mile everytime a scary noise happened or something fell over. :lol:

My heart was aflutter more than once during that game. :D

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 09:56 PM
That was me, I was doing a total Hudson during Doom 3, smack talk and "holy sh*t I'm scared right now" confidence boosting, baby stepping forward and then running back a mile everytime a scary noise happened or something fell over. :lol:

My heart was aflutter more than once during that game. :D

:lol: :lol:

Have you ever played comdemed criminal origins? Because it has exactly the same atmosphere. It would take me forever to get through a stage just because i was so scared to go forward. When i repleyed the game the stages weren't even that long, i ran right through them because i knew what to expect.

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2007, 10:33 AM
:lol: :lol:

Have you ever played comdemed criminal origins? Because it has exactly the same atmosphere. It would take me forever to get through a stage just because i was so scared to go forward. When i repleyed the game the stages weren't even that long, i ran right through them because i knew what to expect.
Yep, but only played the demo, and yep, it was terrifying. The same wiggy trepidation and panic everytime a shadow would fly past or a noise would ring out - the noise of dirt and debris falling between walls always wigged me out. Absolutely superb use of sound, Condemned and Doom 3 are unbeaten in that respect.

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 04:44 PM
Condemed being a launch title felt rather "generic", if you know what i mean. A sequel is in the works so hopefully they flesh out the experience more. I'm greatly anticipating it.

capncnut
28-Jun-2007, 08:36 PM
Condemned may have been a bit generic but the overall story and atmosphere was red hot. It all felt very Assualt On Precinct 13 to me and I like that.