View Full Version : Dead and Buried...

MissJacksonCA
24-Jun-2007, 09:43 PM
This movie was great. It has zombies but not the traditional type and it was just a really fun old movie. I highly reccomend it! Kinda felt like it was the inspiration for that movie Death Becomes Her...

anyone else see it?

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 12:24 AM
This movie was great. It has zombies but not the traditional type and it was just a really fun old movie. I highly reccomend it! Kinda felt like it was the inspiration for that movie Death Becomes Her...

anyone else see it?

No i haven't but i'm curious. What do you mean by "not the traditional type?"

jdog
25-Jun-2007, 12:59 AM
do you know what year this movie was made?

MissJacksonCA
25-Jun-2007, 01:00 AM

MontagMOI
25-Jun-2007, 07:11 PM
I really like Dead and Buried. For anyone that doesnt know, it has a screenplay by Dan O'Bannon and Ron Shussett. And the zombies are more like traditional zombies (pre-Romero). Has some nice gore by Stan Winston.

"Loo loo loo I got some apples, loo loo loo you got some too"

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 07:24 PM
I really like Dead and Buried. For anyone that doesnt know, it has a screenplay by Dan O'Bannon and Ron Shussett. And the zombies are more like traditional zombies (pre-Romero). Has some nice gore by Stan Winston.

I'm going to have to give it a watch although i'm having trouble accepting any zombies that are not like gar's. I'll have to watch it as a different type of movie in order to enjoy it. If not i'll be picking it apart too much.

MontagMOI
25-Jun-2007, 07:34 PM
I am sure you can probably pick up one quite cheaply on Amazon or eBay or whatever. It was released by Blue Underground.
By the way Darth Los: 'I think I just stepped in ZOMBIE SH*T' - LOL

darth los
25-Jun-2007, 07:39 PM
I am sure you can probably pick up one quite cheaply on Amazon or eBay or whatever. It was released by Blue Underground.
By the way Darth Los: 'I think I just stepped in ZOMBIE SH*T' - LOL

Do you think it's available on dvd? cause i don't do vhs. I just can't go back. It's an inferior media.

Oh yeah thnx, i fell in love with that sig the first time i saw it. It had me at hello. :D

MissJacksonCA
26-Jun-2007, 02:03 AM
Yeah its avail on DVD and if you have blockbuster or netflix they have it in stock as a DVD...

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 02:12 AM
Yeah its avail on DVD and if you have blockbuster or netflix they have it in stock as a DVD...

thnx mj. i'll get it on netflx. it's about time that i used them for something.

MissJacksonCA
26-Jun-2007, 02:13 AM
netflix also has deadlands:the rising by we know who :D

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 02:16 AM
damn, i didn't know dj blew up like that!?!

MissJacksonCA
26-Jun-2007, 02:17 AM
indeed i just finished watching it after dead n buried...

dracenstein
29-Jun-2007, 10:03 PM
Seen it, liked it. I want to get sometime.

MissJacksonCA
29-Jun-2007, 10:36 PM
I wanna get it too but its really grainy even on DVD... normally I like that its like the equivalent to listening to a record vs. a CD or mp3... or like playing baseball with a wood bat vs a steel one... but yes its soooo good and the special efx are awesome too considering when it was made... there's a real similarity to dan o bannons ROTLD there too

dracenstein
30-Jun-2007, 03:17 PM
Didn't Dan O'Bannon write it? I seem to recall the publicity blurb saying 'from the makers of Aliens'?

MissJacksonCA
01-Jul-2007, 12:18 AM
Dan o Bannon co-wrote it yes