PDA

View Full Version : Typing of the dead 2

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 09:12 PM
I don't pc game so i never even knew about the first one. It looks like a house of the dead meets resident evil. What the hell is up with those block letters taking up the whole screen? The blonde chick looks eerily familiar to the girl from silent hill 3.

http://www.binaryjoy.co.uk/games/games-news/typing-of-the-dead-2/

Danny
26-Jun-2007, 09:18 PM
well typeing of the dead WAS just a spin off of house of the dead 2 , one of thoe learn to type kinds, my schoo had a sonic the hedgehog one when i was little, but h was runnign form a ufo so it was blatantly a knock off version, still fun, for an edutainement title:|

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 09:25 PM
So i got all excited over what's basically a typing sim!?! :rolleyes: What a gyp. I feel so....used. :(

Danny
26-Jun-2007, 09:30 PM
with the name "typeing of the dead" what else did you think it could be?:lol:

Neil
26-Jun-2007, 09:31 PM
LMFAO!!! So to kill a zombie you have to type in something like "HEULNCNLSLWRJKLSNNCOSFSFWPQPPZLZNLWQOWPOQWFVMSLKLJ ASDFSADPOWOIRUERUJDFLKDJFLKPIJNCXZMN"?

LMFAO!?

Danny
26-Jun-2007, 09:35 PM
basically yes,...and no, typeing what appears on the screen allows your character in game to continue fighting, slip up or get too far behing the computer and your character gets munhced on by zed's, its a pretty ingenius way to get people to type faster.
though with my 8 fingers typing style i dont need to get any faster i just need to spell better:D

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 09:50 PM
with the name "typeing of the dead" what else did you think it could be?:lol:

I thought maybe you had to press keys in order to shoot or whatever it is that you pc gamers do. :(

Danny
26-Jun-2007, 10:17 PM
-woah there dont put me in with those keyboard and mouse playing freaks!, 'side form maple sotry im a strickly console gamer:cool:

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 10:30 PM
so what freaks would you like to be grouped with?:p

Danny
26-Jun-2007, 11:00 PM
blatantly geeks and fanboys that are in/finished college but still watch the transformers ,read comics and debate about wether the dreamcast or the NES are better ect.

cus to qoute popcultureshock.com "this geek **** is so damn cool":lol:

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 11:11 PM
i guess you better lump me in there as well. When exactly is the cut off point for that type of stuff to get left behind or is it an objective thing?

Danny
26-Jun-2007, 11:22 PM
dude im 19, college ended yesterday for me and my mom still has to yell at me fir not listening to here adn watching the new fantastic 4 cartoon instead:lol:

the most sage advice i can give is men never grow up, we just get older:)

...hell if i "grew up" like the rest of my freinds id be a smokeing, junkie with a police record and no future prospects on welfare by now.

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 11:27 PM
That would be unacceptable. then the only game you could afford to play would be a budget title like....TYPING OF THE DEAD!!!" :eek:

Danny
26-Jun-2007, 11:30 PM
nah theyd probably just nick my 360 if they new were i lived.

chavs.:rolleyes:

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 03:40 AM
LMFAO!!! So to kill a zombie you have to type in something like "HEULNCNLSLWRJKLSNNCOSFSFWPQPPZLZNLWQOWPOQWFVMSLKLJ ASDFSADPOWOIRUERUJDFLKDJFLKPIJNCXZMN"?

LMFAO!?

I don't know about you but typing short hand can be EXTREMELY scary. :eek:

Danny
29-Jun-2007, 03:34 PM
http://www.undeadgames.com/?action=file&fid=1&gid=47

here ya go los undead games has the first typing of the dead for free download ,which is now....i dunno the phrase i think its abandoneware now or whatever so its all cool.

darth los
29-Jun-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.undeadgames.com/?action=file&fid=1&gid=47

here ya go los undead games has the first typing of the dead for free download ,which is now....i dunno the phrase i think its abandoneware now or whatever so its all cool.

awesome!! :D It'll probably take a while to download. Tommorrow's my B-Day , i'll be out all day so i'll probably do it then. I just hate waiting on long downloads. Thnx!! :)

Danny
29-Jun-2007, 05:55 PM
ask em owt relavant to real life and im screwed, but anything about horror games, pfft, forget about it:D

fartpants
01-Jul-2007, 08:55 PM
blatantly geeks and fanboys that are in/finished college but still watch the transformers ,read comics and debate about wether the dreamcast or the NES are better ect.

cus to qoute popcultureshock.com "this geek **** is so damn cool":lol:

gotta be the n.e.s though :lol: :lol:

Danny
02-Jul-2007, 02:54 AM
as an owner of both , hell no the dreamcast rules!, there i said it.;)

capncnut
02-Jul-2007, 03:16 PM
as an owner of both , hell no the dreamcast rules!, there i said it.;)
The greatsest console that ever lived. Behold.
http://www.yankidank.com/gallery/albums/art/Dreamcast.sized.jpg

And I got a pair of these for hardcore House of the Dead II sessions. ;)
http://www.segagagadomain.com/hardware/gun.JPG

Danny
03-Jul-2007, 04:20 AM
try playing two player on your own and dual-wield those sumbitches:cool:

i may be getting a new replacement dreamcast today so ill have to look them up, i found a back alley retro gamestore last week thats stocked em, even had samba mi amigo for 80 quid.;)

capncnut
03-Jul-2007, 12:42 PM
i may be getting a new replacement dreamcast today so ill have to look them up, i found a back alley retro gamestore last week thats stocked em, even had samba mi amigo for 80 quid. ;)
Good stuff man and think carefully before shelling out the cash for Samba de Amigo. It's a fantastic game but not one that I particularly play every time I plug in my DC. I'm too cautious about de-valuing it's condition.

Say, a 2nd hand Dreamcast (roughly £20),
with lightgun (£10, if they have one),
with House of Dead II, Resident Evil II, Jet Set Radio, Virtua Tennis (£5 each - RE2 on the Dreamcast is the best version available IMO)
and Shenmue (£10),
is well worth 60 quid mate. I still play my DC at least once a month and my obsession with collecting titles for it has forced me to sell my entire Atari collection and even contemplate on selling my Megadrive/Genesis collection.

I got a branch of CEX (Computer and Videogame Exchange) closeby and they are selling some of the imported titles that only appeared in Japan after the DC folded overseas. I think they had Trigger Heart Exelica for like a tenner, which is a proper addictive little scrolling shooter where you can wield a grapple ray, that enables you to control ships and smash entire enemy fleets with it.

Saying, you have to get one chipped to play that (which most 'chippers' will still do for a few quid) but if anything goes drastically wrong, hey, it's only £20 to replace one!

But anyway, good luck with getting that DC. You know it makes sense Rodders. :D

Danny
05-Jul-2007, 01:25 AM
just got one for 70 quid from gamestation ,as new, with all the cables, controller and a memory card, the official one, not a 3d party knock off, a keyboard and mouse, which i didnt know they did a mouse, adn these games.

skies of arcadia (hella rare)
Shenmue 1 AND 2( how ****ing rare can you get?)
sonic adventure
tomb raider chronicles (appauling:barf: )
power stone
soul calibre
soldier of fortune
chu-chu rocket
mdk2
headhunter
metropolis streetracer
tomb raider the last revalation
quake 3 arena
virtua fighter 3rth (i know ive got no idea why either)
resident evil code veronica

all in all not a bad haul, for the price compared to what that would go for on ebay is pretty sweet i think, still its missing some i used to own and there next on my retro list

house 2 (with two lightguns o' course;) )
resi 2 and 3
crazy taxi (best arcade driving game ever,run over pedestrians in san fran to offspring, that made 1999 for me:lol: )
evolution
grandia 2
nightmare creatures 2
alone in the dark 4
sonic adventure 2.

and for jsut the pure "so wierd it should have been a nintendo game" er game i wanna check otu seaman.

.....make as many jokes as you can from that sentence for neil to send you a thankyou email!:lol:

wb7IbLEPRUs

capncnut
05-Jul-2007, 06:32 PM
Considering you got all those games with it, that's a pretty sweet deal. When I first re-purchased one, I got it with the keyboard, two controllers, two official VMU's, the digital scart cables, and Shenmue I & II (unfortunately they ain't that rare nowdays brother) for about £42 quid in GameStation. Boxed. :cool:

house 2 (with two lightguns o' course)
This will be the only bitch of the collection. Not for the game, as that is only worth about 5 quid, I mean the lightguns. For about a year I was hassling GameStation for one:

"sorry sir"
"we'll get one in at some point sir"
"until a customer trades one in, we can find you one sir"

THEN, one day they got a call from a GameStation up north and I just so happen to be in the store talking to my friend when the call came in. They had 2 Sega Dreamcast lightguns that were sitting on the shelves gathering dust. I never forget the smile on Chris's face as he took the call:

"Well, actually you're not going to believe this but we have a customer in here now who has been after one for a very long time!"

I told Chris that I would take both off his hands and instead of a tenner each, they let me have em for £15 the pair. That was two years ago and nowdays they rarely sell them without the console attached so it was a doubly important purchase for me. To hear the geeks gasp in the room when I pull them two bitches out of the box on a beery Friday night always makes me beam with pride.

Danny
05-Jul-2007, 07:21 PM
that my freind is the beauty of ebay, theres allways rare dreamcast stuff for sale on there.

BUTCHYPIE
18-Oct-2007, 08:05 PM
Okay, I LOVED Typing of the Dead. One of my favs on my Sega Dreamcast. I, too, still play my Dreamcast all the time. Seaman was so far ahead of its time. Samba de Amigo is still a hit, whenever I pull it out (can't wait for the Wii version). Lots of other good titles. I have a mint Dreamcast put up in a closet, just waiting on the day my regular box dies.

Back to QWERTY Zombie killing:

The good news is that Typing of the Dead is now on GameTap (http://www.gametap.com)!

Note that GameTap is an easy way to play LOTS of good games at work on a so-so workstation. Love it. List of FREE games here. (http://www.gametap.com/home/play/free.html)

http://www.undeadgames.com/sections/games/47/box.gif

Snipped from Wikipedia, 'cause I'm lazy:

The levels of the two games, House of the Dead 2 and Typing of the Dead, are close to identical, but instead of simply gunning down hordes of onrushing zombies the player has to type the word or short phrase in front of each enemy to kill it. These phrases become gradually longer as the game progresses - the first enemies of the initial stage have phrases like "AM" or "3D", while enemies in the final stage have phrases like "Deoxyribonucleic acid".

Despite the dark subject matter of the original, The Typing of the Dead is firmly tongue-in-cheek. The (progressively more difficult) things the player has to type are quite often weird and humorous, mêlée weapons have been replaced by things such as rubber hammers, the guns have been replaced by keyboards powered by Dreamcasts on the characters' backs. Some power-ups give new life, others turn the character into a zombie for a level or make everyone's heads swell. Given sufficient typing ability, the game is widely considered good, intensive, nonsensical fun and is something of a cult classic amongst Dreamcast owners.

Craig
18-Oct-2007, 09:06 PM
Everytime I go down Toys R Us (which is rarely) I see Typing of the Dead. It's annoying.