PDA

View Full Version : Greatest wrestlers of all time

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 09:42 PM
I have to admit that my knowledge of wrestling is limited at best. All this talk about wrestlers passing away got me to thinking, who were the best that ever did it? I'm making a catagory for each, feel free to add a couple that i missed or more than one for each catagory, but you must number them.

Heavyweight champ- Hulk Hogan

Intercontinental champ- The Macho Man Randy Savage

Tag Team champs- demolition

Favorite wierdo- George "the animal" Steel/mankind ( 1 and 2)

Greatest moment_ when hulk hogan body slammed Andre the giant at wrestlemania 3

Manager- jimmy hart

Most unstopable force- Undertaker (original)

fartpants
26-Jun-2007, 09:47 PM
most exciting wrestler to watch... GOLDBERG

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 09:52 PM
Was he ever in the wwf/wwe?

Andy
26-Jun-2007, 10:10 PM
i have to disagree with your choice of tag team, the best ever where the legion of doom.

http://www.hoffco-inc.com/wwe/thist/wwe/tt-lod01st-1.jpg

:D

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 10:25 PM
i have to disagree with your choice of tag team, the best ever where the legion of doom.

http://www.hoffco-inc.com/wwe/thist/wwe/tt-lod01st-1.jpg

:D

Hmmm... They look like a cheap knockoff of demolition to me. i mean, those spikes are obviously fake. :p

Seriously, They were all time greats though. Didn't they hold titles in the wcw as well?

Danny
26-Jun-2007, 11:12 PM
i aint watched wrestling since i realised it was fake when i was 6:p , but blatantly hulk hogan, hes a legend.
as for goldberg hes as flamboyant and camp as christmas.:lol:

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 11:17 PM
most entertaining- the rock if it's solo

degeneration X if it's a group.

Tied2thetracks
27-Jun-2007, 04:21 AM
Mr. Kennedy

Just because I went to high school with him, worked with him, and he hit my moms car when he was 16. His house is also the 1st place i ever played GTA3 and sawMax Hardcore, and he attended my wedding. He never killed anyone either.

Time will tell,lol.

axlish
27-Jun-2007, 04:28 AM
Heavyweight Champ - Ric Flair
Intercontinental Champ - Mr. Perfect (Curt Hennig) or Razor Ramon (Scott Hall)
Tag Team Champs - The Outsiders
Favorite Wierdo- Raven
Greatest Moment - When Hulk Hogan turned at Bash at the Beach 96
Manager - Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
Most unstopable force - Goldberg

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 04:29 AM
He never killed anyone either.

:lol: :lol:
That's becoming an important criteria nowdays,huh?

axlish
27-Jun-2007, 04:29 AM
Seriously, They were all time greats though. Didn't they hold titles in the wcw as well?

They held the belts in every major promotion you can name.

acealive1
27-Jun-2007, 04:34 AM
Hmmm... They look like a cheap knockoff of demolition to me. i mean, those spikes are obviously fake. :p

it actually was the other way around. LOD has been around for a long time. demolition came along in the mid 80's and were the cheap knock off

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 04:37 AM
it actually was the other way around. LOD has been around for a long time. demolition came along in the mid 80's and were the cheap knock off

Hawk and animal? They sound like a duo from some nintendo contra sequel.:p

acealive1
27-Jun-2007, 04:44 AM
LOL! i still remember the code for contra...........ANYWAY. yea they came along almost immediately after one of the mad max films. film to wrestling ring was a big draw in the 80's.

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 04:49 AM
LOL! i still remember the code for contra...........ANYWAY. yea they came along almost immediately after one of the mad max films. film to wrestling ring was a big draw in the 80's.

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b a, b a, select , start .:D

Terran
27-Jun-2007, 08:23 AM
WHen I was a kid I always liked the Bushwackers

http://ewfprowrestling.bizland.com/wrestlers/images/bushwackers.jpg

jdog
27-Jun-2007, 08:39 AM
heavey weight- undertaker
intercontinental- mr perfect
tag team- the rockers
fav moment- bret hart wining the title in saskatoon (i was there)
best performer- the rock
most unstopable- brock lesner

Eyebiter
27-Jun-2007, 10:15 AM
Andre The Giant

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 11:34 AM
heavey weight- undertaker
intercontinental- mr perfect
tag team- the rockers
fav moment- bret hart wining the title in saskatoon (i was there)
best performer- the rock
most unstopable- brock lesner

I forgot about best "bad guy- Ted dibiasi

I used to try and put my friends in the million dollar dream. Never could get it to work though.

Danny
27-Jun-2007, 04:18 PM
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b a, b a, select , start .:D

ooh, noiyce use of a konami reference.:)

acealive1
27-Jun-2007, 04:31 PM
ixnay on the electsay and u got the code right

darth los
27-Jun-2007, 05:49 PM
ooh, noiyce use of a konami reference.:)

Thnx. It's as imbeded into my memory as the dea films are. I couldn't forget it if i wanted to. It kills me when people get it wrong.:mad:

Philly_SWAT
27-Jun-2007, 08:56 PM
I have to admit that my knowledge of wrestling is limited at best. All this talk about wrestlers passing away got me to thinking, who were the best that ever did it? I'm making a catagory for each, feel free to add a couple that i missed or more than one for each catagory, but you must number them.

Heavyweight champ- Hulk Hogan

Intercontinental champ- The Macho Man Randy Savage

Tag Team champs- demolition

Favorite wierdo- George "the animal" Steel/mankind ( 1 and 2)

Greatest moment_ when hulk hogan body slammed Andre the giant at wrestlemania 3

Manager- jimmy hart

Most unstopable force- Undertaker (original)
darth_los, it is obvious from your choices that you are a "WWF/WWE" guy only. There are a lot of people who are in your shoes, they think/assume that the WWF/WWE is basically "the" promotion. However, that definately was not the case in the past. The NWA, National Wrestling Alliance ( back in the day, not now) was the biggest organization in the world, and the most important. The WWF, formally the WWWF, used to be a member of the NWA. Vince's dad broke away from the NWA, and named his own "World Champion", which was Buddy Rogers. But most of the all-time greats, at least in my eyes, would come from the NWA/WCW, not the WWF/WWE.

My answers, to your list:
Heavyweight Champion: Ric Flair, no question. Why do you think he is still around, a regular, at age 60? He is the greatest of all time. Vince respects Flair, and wouldnt have any other 60 year old (except for himself!!) as a regular competitor on his programs.
Intercontinental Champion: Use of this title on your list indicates the WWF/WWE bias. The NWA's US Title would be the compariable, non-WWE title that should be used in concert in this category. This is a tough call, as there were many great champions in both the NWA and WWF that were great champions. Personally, the Macho Man, would get my WWF vote. There are almost too many NWA guys to name them.
Tag Team Champions: As already mentioned by someone else, Demolition was the cheap ripoff of "The Road Warriors", who are the greatest of all time. The Road Warriors were part of a stable called "The Legion of Doom", and were not referred to as their team name, they were The Road Warriors. Later, after the stable disbanded, they were referred to as the LOD, more of a nickname than their official name, which was still the RW's. When they later went to the WWF, they were then called the LOD, with no mention of the RW moniker. As a second place here, I would say the Dudley Boys. Their time in ECW was awesome, as was their time in the WWf/WWE. They did not have the awesome "look" of the RW's, but their championships and overall presense puts them number 2 to me.
Favorite Weirdo: I never did like "weirdo" characters. Does Kevin Sullivan count as a "weirdo"? If so, I choose him. He was great as the bad guy on Championship Wrestling from Florida for many years. As a sidenote, he used to be married to Nancy Benoit.
Greatest Moment: I almost agree with your choice. I would say that WMIII is and of itself is the greatest moment in history. It is the biggest show ever, and probably always will be. I'm sure that pisses Vince off, that 20 years later, he hasnt come close to being able to match WMIII.
Manager: Bobby Heenan, although there are many other great ones. Not too many at all today.
Most Unstopable Force: Not sure exactly what this means, but I would have to say Hulk Hogan. Even thought I did not like him back in the WWF days, he almost never lost, and always "hulked up" to get the win.

Another category to add should be
Best Technical Wrestler: This would refer to who was the best inside the ring, without taking into account their presence as a "character", their interview skills, or anything else. For this, I would say either Ricky Steamboat, or Chris Benoit.

capncnut
28-Jun-2007, 10:22 PM
WHen I was a kid I always liked the Bushwackers
Dont forget that guy Jameson, who had the glasses and used to chew his tie all the time. I think he was a stooge placed in the audience during a Bushwhackers match and The Beverly Brothers (LOL) pulled him out and beat up on him. After that, Jameson was The Bushwhackers manager! :lol:

Can't find any pics...

mista_mo
28-Jun-2007, 10:33 PM
k wait...

wrestling matches are allready thought out ahead of time, and the winner is allready selected....winning a title is mute when you are allready set out to win...

I say none in any, as i hate wrestling.

axlish
29-Jun-2007, 02:09 AM
US Heavyweight Champ - DDP
Bad Guy - Ric Flair
Technical - Scott Steiner
Announcer - Jesse "The Body" Ventura

darth los
29-Jun-2007, 02:20 AM
US Heavyweight Champ - DDP
Bad Guy - Ric Flair
Technical - Scott Steiner