PDA

View Full Version : Cinema Blend's top five action flicks...

Neil
28-Jun-2007, 07:45 AM
Cameron gets 3 out 5! Pretty good going :)

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/CB-Top-5-Action-Movies-5584.html

MinionZombie
28-Jun-2007, 04:22 PM
It's really hard to narrow them down to 5, but aye, that's a flat out good list, and rock on Cameron, he certainly is the master of the big budget action extravaganza, the dude's films are pieced together like a symphony, the attention to detail is immense. I keep getting that symphony vibe from Terminator 2. The entire film, all the elements that make it up play like a symphony, you can tell there was a lot of attention payed to the entire process, nothing was slap-dash, and it's a truly excellent film that still stands up to this day. Absolutely superb.

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 05:01 PM
It's really hard to narrow them down to 5, but aye, that's a flat out good list, and rock on Cameron, he certainly is the master of the big budget action extravaganza, the dude's films are pieced together like a symphony, the attention to detail is immense. I keep getting that symphony vibe from Terminator 2. The entire film, all the elements that make it up play like a symphony, you can tell there was a lot of attention payed to the entire process, nothing was slap-dash, and it's a truly excellent film that still stands up to this day. Absolutely superb.

It is hard to narrow them down to 5 but i can hardly argue with any of them on the list. My only grip might have been with the order. Termonator 2 was definitely one for the ages. I always compare it to the matrix, but for more than the kickass films that they obviously are. They both took the world by storm and raised the bar for what action films shouls be. They also showed us things and effects that we had never saw before and subseqently inspired legions of copycats. Another thing they had in common was deep philosophical if not religious undertones. Both brilliant films. If you couldn't tell they would have been my 1 and 2.

Neil
28-Jun-2007, 07:47 PM

The production quality on Aliens (given its year) is utterly astounding!

_liam_
28-Jun-2007, 08:38 PM
that's cos aliens was largely made in britain ;)

bit of trivia from the IMDB page about "batman" (1989)

"When the production design team arrived at Pinewood Studios in England to build the sets, they discovered the atmosphere processor set from Aliens (1986) in one of the sound stages, with most of the Aliens' nest and eggs still intact."
:eek:

i agree with that list, but i'd stick commando on there instead of true lies

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2007, 10:30 AM
Recently been into Predator, going through the DVD right now, going to go over the Predator 2 DVD too afterwards.

Hell yes, the production design on Aliens was superb, and it's pre-CGI, so the Aliens leaping around are either puppets on string, or men in suits, and it looks totally convincing - because you know they're there. Unlike Alien 3 or Alien 4.

MissJacksonCA
30-Jun-2007, 03:35 AM
I was totally crossing my fingers going true lies true lies true lies... one of the best and well executed action movies ever without a boring part... and kudos to them putting a sexy scene in a movie and actually making it tie into the plot instead of just having a sex scene in the movie for the sake of having one in the movie.

What kinda sick bitch actually takes the ice cube trays outta the freezer?