PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck....

Terran
28-Jun-2007, 07:33 PM
I applied to grad school a while ago and I’m still waiting on the response.....
(I was inspired to do this while stuffing envelopes in a temp job absolutely loathing the business environment)

I’m applying to the College of Science at this university hoping to study Molecular biology in a convoluted and time consuming path to eventually get a PHD.....at least that’s the plan....who knows if I can handle the courses and the socializing and networking required in the sciences :mad: ......

The plan is....first get a Master's in Molecular Biology (2-3 years).....and then apply to a program to pursue a PHD in Biosciences or possibly Neuroscience (5-6 years) (my planned topic of study could probably be pursued with either PHD)....

So yeah wish me luck.....if I don’t get accepted that would mean I would have to take some Non-Degree undergraduate studies to increase my most recent GPA so I can reapply further increasing the time this is all going to take....:eek:

*crosses fingers*
Ill find out if Im accepted in prolly 2-3 months....

In this time I am saving all the money I can and selling belongings to generate the money to avoid a loan as long as possible.....

Anyone want to buy a:
Goldstar 3DO system with a Lightgun and one controller and 27 games(most of the good ones)?

A Nintendo 64 with three controllers and 8 games?

a working Atari with 40 some games and 8 controllers?

Dwarf Cajun Crayfish?
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/andruk81/ShrimpandCrays/BlueCajuns3.jpg

Red Cherry Shrimp?
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/andruk81/ShrimpandCrays/Shrimp075.jpg

Marbled Crayfish?
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/andruk81/ShrimpandCrays/Shrimp140.jpg

:D :D

Well yeah Im going to try ebay Im going to need all the cash I can get....

_liam_
28-Jun-2007, 07:35 PM
good luck!

good luck selling a 3do too

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 07:37 PM
Good luck dude. I was hoping that you were going to be selling some of your tarantulas. :(

Terran
28-Jun-2007, 07:39 PM
good luck selling a 3do too

On Ebay they got one system with 2 Controllers and 18 games going for $79.21 with 17 Bids

and they have another one
Panasonic REAL 3DO System, 2 Controllers, 20 Games 22 bids $76.00
$17.23 shipping and handling...

I think Ill be able to sell it

Good luck dude. I was hoping that you were going to be selling some of your tarantulas. :(

If I ever get some and begin breeding them Ill definitely sell some too....:D

Hmm I wonder how hard they are to breed....hmm now I got something to look up ....thanks a lot... :|

Chic Freak
28-Jun-2007, 07:44 PM
Good luck Terran! I'm sure you'll do well whatever path you take :)

MaximusIncredulous
28-Jun-2007, 09:28 PM
....who knows if I can handle the courses and the socializing and networking required in the sciences :mad: ......

When things get though in grad school, just think about those envelopes :barf: .

Good luck to ya.

capncnut
28-Jun-2007, 10:37 PM
Yeah Terran, good luck with that man. :)

MissJacksonCA
29-Jun-2007, 12:28 AM
Good luck... I hope when you applied for grad school you mentioned your interest in trying tarantulas... schools love diverse students :)

flyboy
29-Jun-2007, 12:27 PM
I applied to grad school a while ago and I’m still waiting on the response.....
(I was inspired to do this while stuffing envelopes in a temp job absolutely loathing the business environment)

I’m applying to the College of Science at this university hoping to study Molecular biology in a convoluted and time consuming path to eventually get a PHD.....at least that’s the plan....who knows if I can handle the courses and the socializing and networking required in the sciences :mad: ......

The plan is....first get a Master's in Molecular Biology (2-3 years).....and then apply to a program to pursue a PHD in Biosciences or possibly Neuroscience (5-6 years) (my planned topic of study could probably be pursued with either PHD)....

So yeah wish me luck.....if I don’t get accepted that would mean I would have to take some Non-Degree undergraduate studies to increase my most recent GPA so I can reapply further increasing the time this is all going to take....:eek:

*crosses fingers*
Ill find out if Im accepted in prolly 2-3 months....

In this time I am saving all the money I can and selling belongings to generate the money to avoid a loan as long as possible.....

Anyone want to buy a:
Goldstar 3DO system with a Lightgun and one controller and 27 games(most of the good ones)?

A Nintendo 64 with three controllers and 8 games?

a working Atari with 40 some games and 8 controllers?

Dwarf Cajun Crayfish?
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/andruk81/ShrimpandCrays/BlueCajuns3.jpg

Red Cherry Shrimp?
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/andruk81/ShrimpandCrays/Shrimp075.jpg

Marbled Crayfish?
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/andruk81/ShrimpandCrays/Shrimp140.jpg

:D :D

Well yeah Im going to try ebay Im going to need all the cash I can get....

dont sell those lovely crayfish man they are buetifull.i wish i lived by you id take them on.lovely creatures.:(

Terran
29-Jun-2007, 01:41 PM
Well I wouldnt sell all of them....they are breeding like crazy.....so I have plenty to go around....

Danny
29-Jun-2007, 02:25 PM
what you wake up and your house is covered in shrimp?

you know someone somewere has had that nightmare at least once:lol:

but good on you, im currently deciding if i should go to a university to study an undergrad degree in film or animation right now, but i can start mine in january if i want so i aint in a hurry.
guess with those degrees you wanna follow in the footsteps of victor frankenstein huh?:evil:

Terran
29-Jun-2007, 02:49 PM
guess with those degrees you wanna follow in the footsteps of victor frankenstein huh?:evil:

!Get out of my mind!

:shifty:

Terran
05-Jul-2007, 09:25 PM
Update:

I got accepted .....*does a horrible dance*

Hazzah!

RustyHicks
05-Jul-2007, 11:26 PM
Good for you.
Looks like all the good lucks helped.

Terran
06-Jul-2007, 01:14 AM
Now to begin the arduous task of attaching the gravity pump to the ship so that… (time jump)... Off I go, apparently.

Danny
06-Jul-2007, 01:41 AM
...and now the experiments begin *raises pinkie finger to lip*

oh you know he said that when he got the letter:lol:

fartpants
06-Jul-2007, 06:05 PM
good luck and well done Terran...

MissJacksonCA
07-Jul-2007, 11:20 AM
Heard you got in... WAY TO GO T

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 03:55 PM
If I ever get some and begin breeding them Ill definitely sell some too....:D

Hmm I wonder how hard they are to breed....hmm now I got something to look up ....thanks a lot... :|

Just make sure you dip them in batter first. :D That's sure to increase their value exponentially.