PDA

View Full Version : Need DS Help !!

darth los
29-Jun-2007, 08:41 PM
I just found out that I'm getting a DS lite as a gift for my b-day. If i could get just one game what do you recomend as an absolute must have? THNX. :D

Danny
29-Jun-2007, 09:56 PM
pokemon pearl, ive clocked up 90 hours on that beeyach so its the best value for money but if you can get a few cheap i 100% recommend pheonix wright, truama center, hotel dusk and project rub, though i think thats called xy/xx feel the magic or something over there.

darth los
29-Jun-2007, 10:09 PM
pokemon pearl, ive clocked up 90 hours on that beeyach so its the best value for money but if you can get a few cheap i 100% recommend pheonix wright, truama center, hotel dusk and project rub, though i think thats called xy/xx feel the magic or something over there.

Since i study law, phoenix wright sounds like it's "wright" up my alley. Ha Ha!! :shifty: i know, bad pun. I'm gonna start coming to you for all my ds info. since that's like totally your thing. :D

Danny
29-Jun-2007, 10:14 PM
dude you will spoodge yer'self (hpotd word of the month june 2007;) ) on pheonix wright , if you see a fault in someones tesitmony you can actually yel "OBJECTION!" and the ds' mics voice recognition will accept it and recognise youve objected, it rocks, the first 2 are gba ports but they have extra 6th cases on after the main story, you explore areas in fps perspective to find evidence so you do stuff outside the courtroom, i cant sell that game enough, though if your a law student its based on the japanese legal system so its a bit more....shakeperian if you get my meaning.

CoinReturn
29-Jun-2007, 10:26 PM
From what I've played:

Elite Beat Agents (http://ds.ign.com/articles/743/743324p1.html)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (http://ds.ign.com/articles/655/655830p1.html)
New Super Mario Bros. (http://ds.ign.com/articles/705/705537p1.html)
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time (http://ds.ign.com/articles/671/671781p1.html)
Meteos (http://ds.ign.com/articles/629/629012p1.html)

Pokemon is supposed to be pretty good. I've heard great things about Hotel Dusk: Room 215, as well.

Danny
29-Jun-2007, 10:43 PM
if this dont sell ya for pokemon nothign will.

theres a new parrot one called chatot and when you edit tis cry on the pokedex you can sue the mic to record your voice so that when it emerges from its pokeball in battle it mimics your voice.

so of course i recorded one of me cursing like a sailor, then whent into the wi-fi global trading station adn gave ti to some asian kid in china:lol:

MikePizzoff
30-Jun-2007, 01:19 AM
Resident Evil is a perfect port from the PSX version and includes a new mode of play for when you're done playing through the normal game.

Hotel Dusk is a lot of fun and very inventive.

Super Mario 64 is a port of the N64 game (with more playable characters) and it's still just as much fun. Also has TONS of mini games involving just the stylus.

Mario VS Donkey Kong 2 was a lot of fun but I beat it really fast. I'd recommend it if you can find it for cheap.

Danny
30-Jun-2007, 01:49 AM
i hear a fair amount of praise for mario 64 ds but i just find it to be a cheap rom with a bad control system myself ,and if you cant grasp how it plays then youll play it for about 15 minutes then get bored easily.

darth los
30-Jun-2007, 02:01 AM
i hear a fair amount of praise for mario 64 ds but i just find it to be a cheap rom with a bad control system myself ,and if you cant grasp how it plays then youll play it for about 15 minutes then get bored easily.

It's a good thing you can get it on the virtual console then. I hear that it's a perfect port of the original. I can't wait till' the wii becomes available in my area. Do you have one hells? I have a feeling i'm going to be playing more VC games than anything else. The only thing i'm looking forward to playing on the wii itself is resident evil chronicles.

Danny
30-Jun-2007, 02:11 AM
not yet, im waiting for some cool online games to appear to really sell it for me.

CoinReturn
30-Jun-2007, 04:12 PM
You're gonna be waiting a while then, hells. Nintendo has made it clear that online gaming isn't at the forefront of their market strategy. With the lame friend codes and not a single online game yet, its like they just tacked it on because the other 2 consoles have a respectable online service.

darth los
30-Jun-2007, 06:12 PM
You're gonna be waiting a while then, hells. Nintendo has made it clear that online gaming isn't at the forefront of their market strategy. With the lame friend codes and not a single online game yet, its like they just tacked it on because the other 2 consoles have a respectable online service.

I agree with that. You would think that with what happened last gen ninty would have made a concerted effort to significantly upgrade their console's online capability and service. Though they never intended to focus mainly on that it's becoming standard for consoles to have some sort of online features. It's one of the main reasons that they fell to last place last time around, although that's a distinction that they're gladly passing on to sony.:D

Danny
01-Jul-2007, 12:47 AM
well theres a few out allready, mario strikers adn pokemon battle revolution come to mind and theres a few ive forgoten and online play on a wii is free too.

darth los
01-Jul-2007, 12:50 AM
online play on a wii is free too.

One of the many reasons that nintendo has been successful for the past 20 years. they make fun games, reliable hardware and they don't nickle and dime you at every opportunity.

CoinReturn
01-Jul-2007, 03:16 AM
I dunno man, Nintendo nickel and dimes in their own way, though not as much as Sony or MS.There are some gems on the virtual console, but with offers like $5.00 for Urban Champion, they know they'll reel in a few suckers along the way.

I forgot about Mario Strikers, that game is awesome on Gamecube, I might check it out. Anyone here pick up Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition? I'm hearing mixed opinions about the controls.

Danny
01-Jul-2007, 03:25 AM
a freind of mine chipped his wii (mother****er, what a waste:mad: ) and now it ONLY plasy copied games so he gets american ones, though it does still work online, but for some reason his wii now thinks its in arkansa instead od nottingham:lol: , anyway ,hes got the game so ill ask him if its any good.

darth los
01-Jul-2007, 06:04 PM
I just got the ds and i'm charging it now. I bought new super mario because i did some reasearch on gamespot and it's one of the highest rated games for the ds with a 9.0. I'm killing time by reading the instruction manual and something struck me. How come the booklets to these high tech devices are thicker than the device itself?:confused: It's no where near the size of the psp booklet though. I guess that's one of ninty's strenghts, an easy to use product that's fun to play.

DeadJonas190
02-Jul-2007, 02:35 AM
I just got the ds and i'm charging it now. I bought new super mario because i did some reasearch on gamespot and it's one of the highest rated games for the ds with a 9.0. I'm killing time by reading the instruction manual and something struck me. How come the booklets to these high tech devices are thicker than the device itself?:confused: It's no where near the size of the psp booklet though. I guess that's one of ninty's strenghts, an easy to use product that's fun to play.

You can play your DS Lite while it charges, it will not harm the system in any way. Also, a fwe games I enjoy that were not listed already are Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. It is the sequel to the game boy advance Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, its an rpg/platformer type game that is a lot of fun. I also enjoy Advance Wars: Dual Strike. It is a strategy war game and was probably one of the first really good DS games. You did a good job picking up New Super Mario Bros. it is one of the best on the system.

I also love Mr. Driller. It is a very simple game, but at times I get so addicted to it I can't put it down.

And you can't forget Tetris. It is amazing.

As for the Wii talk, there are a couple of online games already, Pokemon Battle Revolution was not the first as it was advertised, the first was actually Big Brain Academy on the Wii, it came out a couple weeks ago and Pokemon just came out this past week. I just wish Nintendo would drop the friend code system, it is annoying and only complicates things.

Oh, I almost forgot, Trace Memory is a really good game and you can get it pretty cheap now. If you tried Hotel Dusk like somebody recommended and liked it, Trace Memory was out first by the same development team.