PDA

View Full Version : Not enough immigrants to keep crime down?

MissJacksonCA
30-Jun-2007, 05:41 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19513374/

Interesting...

flyboy
30-Jun-2007, 09:14 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19513374/

Interesting...

do you want your area flooded with thease illiegals? i read a story here in england of thease immagrants killing swans to eat!! they got done by the cops cause those swans are the queens birds.men that have fought in 2 world wars are denied benefits here because those scum are coming here, and taking all the benefits,health care,and housing.

darth los
30-Jun-2007, 09:49 PM
I think that theory is a crock. However, it does seem that a country's first obligation should be to care for it's veterans rather than paying for the healthcare of people who for all intents and purposes shouldn't even be there.

Philly_SWAT
30-Jun-2007, 10:33 PM
Interesting indeed. I think questions like these are hard to provide concrete answers. As far as immigration goes, I understand the desire to keep hordes of people from swarming in "your" area, taking up all the natural resources, but on the other hand, it is hard for me to appreciate the "draw a line in the sand, you stay on your side" line of thought, when all the good stuff is on my side of the sand, not yours. The world would be a much better place is there was a more reasonable sharing of resources, rather than the way it is now. Is it fair that the Arabs nations, whose residents just happen to live above large deposits of oil, should enjoy enormous wealth, simply by luck of their birth? It seems akin to me that if I happen to own property where there was the only known deposits of an aids cure there, and I held the rest of the world hostage demanding billions of dollars for it. No doubt I would want to be compensated, but shouldnt there by some compassion in my heart for those that are in need?

darth los
30-Jun-2007, 11:01 PM
Interesting indeed. I think questions like these are hard to provide concrete answers. As far as immigration goes, I understand the desire to keep hordes of people from swarming in "your" area, taking up all the natural resources, but on the other hand, it is hard for me to appreciate the "draw a line in the sand, you stay on your side" line of thought, when all the good stuff is on my side of the sand, not yours. The world would be a much better place is there was a more reasonable sharing of resources, rather than the way it is now. Is it fair that the Arabs nations, whose residents just happen to live above large deposits of oil, should enjoy enormous wealth, simply by luck of their birth? It seems akin to me that if I happen to own property where there was the only known deposits of an aids cure there, and I held the rest of the world hostage demanding billions of dollars for it. No doubt I would want to be compensated, but shouldnt there by some compassion in my heart for those that are in need?

I think that it's just as you said. The arab NATIONS as in the MONARCHY are wealthy because of oil revenue. The vast majority are living in sub standard conditions while the top 5% live in luxury. So it seems that it's unfair everywhere you go.

I disagree with the article because, as has been proven time and again, you can make statistics say virtually anything you want them to. I could make a chart drawing the correlation between the lack of immigrants in the midwest and their frequency of tornados. Of course it's bull but the statistics can make it look legit.

Philly_SWAT
30-Jun-2007, 11:32 PM
I think that it's just as you said. The arab NATIONS as in the MONARCHY are wealthy because of oil revenue. The vast majority are living in sub standard conditions while the top 5% live in luxury. So it seems that it's unfair everywhere you go.
True that. Not to just pick on Arab countries. Even though supposedly there isnt a MPONARCHY in this country, the top 1% own 95% of everything. The distribution of wealth is out of whack the world over.

I disagree with the article because, as has been proven time and again, you can make statistics say virtually anything you want them to. I could make a chart drawing the correlation between the lack of immigrants in the midwest and their frequency of tornados. Of course it's bull but the statistics can make it look legit.
Good point. I was wondering why there were all those tornadoes recently.....:)

coma
01-Jul-2007, 12:00 AM
True that. Not to just pick on Arab countries. Even though supposedly there isnt a MPONARCHY in this country, the top 1% own 95% of everything. The distribution of wealth is out of whack the world over
Oligarchy is a form of government where political power effectively rests with a small, elite segment of society (whether distinguished by wealth, family or military prowess).

MissJacksonCA
01-Jul-2007, 12:27 AM
not to run into yet another immigration debate...

i do live where lots of illegals live where i live in charleston and even in california the illegals were rampant everywhere... living in bushes and on streets... i dont like to see them it makes me feel bad because i live better than them ...

but just to be fair... killing swans to eat beats oil companies beating seal pups to death with clubs to drill for oil...

coma
01-Jul-2007, 02:16 AM
killing swans to eat beats oil companies beating seal pups to death with clubs to drill for oil...
But the seals are TAKING OUR JOBS!:eek:

flyboy
01-Jul-2007, 10:09 AM

:lol:

not to run into yet another immigration debate...

i do live where lots of illegals live where i live in charleston and even in california the illegals were rampant everywhere... living in bushes and on streets... i dont like to see them it makes me feel bad because i live better than them ...

but just to be fair... killing swans to eat beats oil companies beating seal pups to death with clubs to drill for oil...

your an american citizen and have every right to live better than them. you work hard all week dont you? ps,,,,the swans are like a way of life here.

fartpants
01-Jul-2007, 10:11 AM

bloody seals coming over here taking our food and women...