PDA

View Full Version : Blades

EvilNed
30-Jun-2007, 05:02 PM
Wasn't he shot in the head in Dawn? So the zombie in Land cannot be Blades from Dawn, since he wouldn't rise due to head damage. Or?

bassman
30-Jun-2007, 05:10 PM
I don't think he was shot in the head in Dawn. He was shot in the chest and then fell over the balcony.

darth los
30-Jun-2007, 06:01 PM
There was never conclusive proof that blades was shot in the head. All we know is that peter shot him and he did a swan dive over the balcony. We don't even know if that's what killed him. Remember there were "1,000 zombies" in the mall at that point. Don't you think that if he was dead they would have torn him apart? There would have been nothing left of him to show in land. So there's actually more evidence to support that he survived the mall than not.

Philly_SWAT
30-Jun-2007, 10:18 PM
Actually, I look at it like this. We do not see Blades shot in the head, therefore, under the right circumstances, he could rise again to become a zombie. Although, as pointed out by darth, there were "a thousand zombies" in the mall, therefore it seems incredibly unlikely that, to quote Millard Roush, that he would have been "intact enough to be mobile when he revived". You saw all the other bikers got ripped to shreads. Why would Blades not have been? Unless you assume that maybe he only received a flesh wound, had a vest on under his jacket, or didnt get shot at all and just jumped off the balcony to avoid being shot. In any of those cases, I suppose it is possible that he was able to run off and/or get on a bike with another biker and took off. All of this would have to have happened off-screen, or course. Then he could have died and turned later.

Of course, the real answer is that GAR did not put any thought into this at all, and just threw a Blades zombie in Land as a nod to long-time fans, without thinking about the storyline/logic issues involved.

darth los
30-Jun-2007, 10:54 PM
Of course, the real answer is that GAR did not put any thought into this at all, and just threw a Blades zombie in Land as a nod to long-time fans, without thinking about the storyline/logic issues involved.

That's actually the answer to virtually every question we post here on the boards. But if we accepted that premise the forums would be rather boring don't you think?

EvilNed
30-Jun-2007, 10:56 PM
I personally thought it looked like he was shot in the head the way he arched his head back.

Philly_SWAT
30-Jun-2007, 11:05 PM
That's actually the answer to virtually every question we post here on the boards. But if we accepted that premise the forums would be rather boring don't you think?
True, but I still like to point it out every once in a while.....

I personally thought it looked like he was shot in the head the way he arched his head back.

Back, and to the left......

RustyHicks
30-Jun-2007, 11:24 PM
Maybe when he fell over the railing,
he got knocked out and drowned
before the zombies could get to him.
Then he rose and joined the band of
merry zombies.

EvilNed
30-Jun-2007, 11:39 PM

What does JFK have to do about this?

darth los
30-Jun-2007, 11:47 PM
Maybe when he fell over the railing,
he got knocked out and drowned
before the zombies could get to him.
Then he rose and joined the band of
merry zombies.

I doubt that there would have been enough time for him to drown and turn before the legion of zeds that were in the mall tore him limb from limb.

RustyHicks
01-Jul-2007, 12:19 AM
lol. Ya got me there darth los

Philly_SWAT
01-Jul-2007, 12:43 AM
What does JFK have to do about this?
Well, in the Romero zombie universe, it is quite possible that JFk was never assisinated, and if Night was set in the mid 1960's, then JFK would still have been President. Therefore, so would have Dawn. In that case, the country would have been led by a man who used to be in the military, and had experince in dealing with tough situations. Undoubtably, JFK would have been more up to the task of making quick decisions in the face of a zombie outbreak, and the situation would have been quelled rather quickly. In that case, Blades would never have been in the position to be killd, much less become a zombie. Either that, or.......

It was just a funny comment that sprang to mind when talking about headshots, and heads arching back.

darth los
01-Jul-2007, 12:55 AM
Well, in the Romero zombie universe, it is quite possible that JFk was never assisinated, and if Night was set in the mid 1960's, then JFK would still have been President. Therefore, so would have Dawn. In that case, the country would have been led by a man who used to be in the military, and had experince in dealing with tough situations. Undoubtably, JFK would have been more up to the task of making quick decisions in the face of a zombie outbreak, and the situation would have been quelled rather quickly. In that case, Blades would never have been in the position to be killd, much less become a zombie. Either that, or.......

It was just a funny comment that sprang to mind when talking about headshots, and heads arching back.

I hate to break it to you philly but jfk was assainated in 1963, NOTLD was made in 1968. even if i conceed that the plauge happened in 65 like you say and he did indeed live there's no gaurantee that he would have been re elected anyway. but i see what you're saying.

vito
01-Jul-2007, 08:45 PM
blades got shot in the chest (you can see the blood) and since the other zombies were ocupided eating the others bikers maybe they didnt notice blades and so give him time to turn (remember that zombification happends 1-5 minutes afther the person dies) hope it helps :cool:

EvilNed
01-Jul-2007, 08:53 PM
I hate to break it to you philly but jfk was assainated in 1963, NOTLD was made in 1968. even if i conceed that the plauge happened in 65 like you say and he did indeed live there's no gaurantee that he would have been re elected anyway. but i see what you're saying.

You're wrong! Dead wrong!

darth los
01-Jul-2007, 10:51 PM
blades got shot in the chest (you can see the blood) and since the other zombies were ocupided eating the others bikers maybe they didnt notice blades and so give him time to turn (remember that zombification happends 1-5 minutes afther the person dies) hope it helps :cool:

A conservative estimate of how many zombies were in the mall was hundreds. I'm sure there were enough to rip him apart. if you notice there are far more in the mall now than when they first arrived.

Philly_SWAT
02-Jul-2007, 02:20 AM
Ummm.....that entire part of the post was intended as sarcasm only.....

darth los
02-Jul-2007, 06:00 AM
Ummm.....that entire part of the post was intended as sarcasm only.....

Oops.:o Sorry dude. I have a hard time distinguishing between when you're going on about an elaborate theory that you've been contemplating or when you're being sarcastic. The serious nature of your posts makes most of you comments seem like your actually trying to get a point across.

vito
02-Jul-2007, 04:40 PM
A conservative estimate of how many zombies were in the mall was hundreds. I'm sure there were enough to rip him apart. if you notice there are far more in the mall now than when they first arrived.

well blades his in land of the dead so the zombies didnt notice him and remember he could have turn in 1 minute maybe when the zombies got close to him he have alredy turn (zomibes are slow:cool: )

darth los
02-Jul-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't watch land often but if he doesn't have a credit then you can't just assume that it's blades. All you know for sure is that it's a zed in a leather outfit with a fu man chu mustache. I suggest you check out cereval's look alike thread. There are several zombies in land who look like characters from past films but it doesn't mean it's them. This is all speculation anyway. Anything that happens off camera cannot be confirmed nor denied. We both could concievably right.

vito
04-Jul-2007, 06:48 PM
I don't watch land often but if he doesn't have a credit then you can't just assume that it's blades. All you know for sure is that it's a zed in a leather outfit with a fu man chu mustache. I suggest you check out cereval's look alike thread. There are several zombies in land who look like characters from past films but it doesn't mean it's them. This is all speculation anyway. Anything that happens off camera cannot be confirmed nor denied. We both could concievably right.

then explain to me please why in one of the special features of the film tom savini talks and you can cleary see that he his named blades?

darth los
04-Jul-2007, 07:13 PM
then explain to me please why in one of the special features of the film tom savini talks and you can cleary see that he his named blades?

Just because the same person appears in another film in the same series doesn't mean thet he is the same character he previously played. There's no doubt it's savini r that he has a leather outfit on that was surely a nod to long time fans. But that's where the solid evidence stops, everything else is merely speculation. You can't draw an indisputable correalation between the two over a span of 3 movies, you can merely assume, which is mostly what we do here. Another article in this forum states that they thought that it would confuse people having ving rhames in both the dawn and day remakes because they might think it's the same character. So there is precedent for this.

vito
05-Jul-2007, 04:37 AM
Just because the same person appears in another film in the same series doesn't mean thet he is the same character he previously played. There's no doubt it's savini r that he has a leather outfit on that was surely a nod to long time fans. But that's where the solid evidence stops, everything else is merely speculation. You can't draw an indisputable correalation between the two over a span of 3 movies, you can merely assume, which is mostly what we do here. Another article in this forum states that they thought that it would confuse people having ving rhames in both the dawn and day remakes because they might think it's the same character. So there is precedent for this.

look savini said prior to land of the dead that he will play blades has a zombie in land of the dead and wikipedia has it has blades to heres the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_the_dead

darth los
05-Jul-2007, 05:36 AM
look savini said prior to land of the dead that he will play blades has a zombie in land of the dead and wikipedia has it has blades to heres the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_of_the_dead

And we all know that if it's on wikipedia then it must be true. :rolleyes: I'm not saying it's not true but i'd like to hear it from the man himself.

Tom Savini can be briefly seen as a zombie (credited as "Machete Zombie"), reprising his character Blade from Dawn of the Dead. This marks the first time an actor has reprised a role in a Romero zombie movie.

That's not a quote from gar or savini, just some dude who contributed to the site. Inany case the original point to this thread was if blades had met his demise in the mall. Wheher that's the same character in land is really a moot point. Furthermore the character he was credited with playing is the "machete zombie" and not blades.

vito
05-Jul-2007, 04:51 PM
And we all know that if it's on wikipedia then it must be true. :rolleyes: I'm not saying it's not true but i'd like to hear it from the man himself.

Tom Savini can be briefly seen as a zombie (credited as "Machete Zombie"), reprising his character Blade from Dawn of the Dead. This marks the first time an actor has reprised a role in a Romero zombie movie.

That's not a quote from gar or savini, just some dude who contributed to the site. Inany case the original point to this thread was if blades had met his demise in the mall. Wheher that's the same character in land is really a moot point. Furthermore the character he was credited with playing is the "machete zombie" and not blades.

well has i said earlier savini said that zombie was blades and the reason why was credited machete zombie was because nobody will have know blades so he put it machete zombie so the audiance wiill not be confused

LivingDeadBeat
05-Jul-2007, 10:03 PM
I would say it is Blades considering it is Tom and he is dressed in leather, and wielding a machete etc. You're right, theres no solid proof, but I don't think it's just a coincidence Savini dressed up in leather and grabbed a machete.

darth los
06-Jul-2007, 01:00 AM
I would say it is Blades considering it is Tom and he is dressed in leather, and wielding a machete etc. You're right, theres no solid proof, but I don't think it's just a coincidence Savini dressed up in leather and grabbed a machete.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

vito
11-Oct-2007, 01:14 AM
heres a link of savini saiying that it is blades

http://www.movieweb.com/news/36/5036.php

althought they didnt kill zombie blades in land and savini didnt got another role in the film this pretty much confirms its him

SRP76
11-Oct-2007, 01:26 AM
Why wouldn't it be Blades?

I see a lot of argument saying "he's not credited as 'Blades', you can't prove it", and so on, but no reasoning as to why it isn't him.

Legion2213
21-Oct-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm with the "Blades camp".

Looks like Blades, dresses like Blades, uses the same weapon as Blades and seems to take pleasure in killing folk like Blades...it's probably Blades. :D

Trin
22-Oct-2007, 04:17 PM
I believe Philly is correct and Romero included him as a nod to the fans with little or no thought given to the plausibility.

That said...

I think it is Blades.

It's clear throughout the movies that the zombies will choose to pursue a live, moving target over a non-moving target. If Blades fell off the balcony and landed unconscious (assuming he survived the fall at all) I find it very plausible that the zombies would ignore him in favor of the other bikers running around in the area giving him the necessary time to die, turn, and rise.

acealive1
22-Oct-2007, 04:57 PM
i remember being in the theater cheering my ass off when he appeared on screen. everyone got quiet and looked at me,thats how i know i was the only one to "get it"

vito
24-Oct-2007, 06:40 PM
lol it must been hilarious:D