View Full Version : U.S. Orders Boost of Airport Security in Wake of London, Glasgow Terrorist Acts

Tied2thetracks
30-Jun-2007, 05:54 PM
The United States is boosting security presence at airports in the wake of terrorist acts in London and Glasgow, the White House confirmed to FOX News Saturday.

With this surge in terrorist activity I'm dissapointed that the headline is increased airport security.

All of our countries need border security to keep out these people who want to blowur busses and buildings. We also need to take the racial profiling to heart, peoples feelings are going to have to get hurt, if they are brown, pat them down.

Sorry for my angry rant, don't take it too seriously.

coma
30-Jun-2007, 06:12 PM
if they are brown, pat them down.

Golly:(

darth los
30-Jun-2007, 06:23 PM
The United States is boosting security presence at airports in the wake of terrorist acts in London and Glasgow, the White House confirmed to FOX News Saturday.

With this surge in terrorist activity I'm dissapointed that the headline is increased airport security.

All of our countries need border security to keep out these people who want to blowur busses and buildings. We also need to take the racial profiling to heart, peoples feelings are going to have to get hurt, if they are brown, pat them down.

I understand that when people are frightened they will do almost everything to keep themselves safe. However, we do have a constitution and we can't choose which articles we want to follow whenever it suits our purpose. everyone is entitled to equal protection under the law. I agree that profiling is a nescesary evil But it must be done only when there is reasonable cause and not as a rule of thumb.

Tied2thetracks
30-Jun-2007, 06:37 PM
Like when there is a spree of terrorism and akhnob has a large backpack.

I'm not a racist or a hater, I like to think I'm a realist. June Clever isn't going to have a bomb. Somrday in the future if 29 year old white alcoholics are posing a threat to security I would volunteer to be searched everywhere I went. I guess it comes down to what do you have to hide? I know there is the whole just because I shouldn't have to be searched, I will ge searched everytime.

darth los
30-Jun-2007, 07:22 PM

I'm not a racist or a hater, I like to think I'm a realist. June Clever isn't going to have a bomb. Somrday in the future if 29 year old white alcoholics are posing a threat to security I would volunteer to be searched everywhere I went. I guess it comes down to what do you have to hide? I know there is the whole just because I shouldn't have to be searched, I will ge searched everytime.

I totally agree. That's when there's reasonable cause. There's a big difference between that and grabbing every brown guy on the street and searching him on the off chance that he might be a terrorist. For example, in NYC they have this rediculous program where they search people's bags randomly before you get on the subway. I think they're idiots because, suppose that they search every tenth person. That means that Habib with a bulging backpack gets to bypass the search just because he's not the tenth person and they search grandma moses who's right behind him. In that case it would be insane NOT to search him. But as is always the case, political correctness trumps all.

Dawg
30-Jun-2007, 08:18 PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

:dead: Dawg

Tied2thetracks
30-Jun-2007, 08:56 PM
Damn, I got Ben Franklin severed.

Differesnt times my friend. Allah wansn't a factor in 1776, either was the recinquista(sp)

flyboy
30-Jun-2007, 09:05 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Philly_SWAT
30-Jun-2007, 10:46 PM
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

:dead: Dawg

Differesnt times my friend. Allah wansn't a factor in 1776, either was the recinquista(sp)
This is true tied, however, Franklin's words are still as true today as they were then. Does it make sense to give up our freedoms in the name of securing our freedom? Thats seems very non-sensical to me.....

EvilNed
30-Jun-2007, 11:21 PM
Besides it's the media that blows up the whole "all arabs are terrorists". I bet you'll find alot more whites in the US willing to destroy the goverment than you'll find arabs.

coma
01-Jul-2007, 12:03 AM

I would consider Redcoats seizing your property, quartering themselves and denying your right to free expression terroristic activity. As in violent tactics designed to create fear to gain an objective.

This is true tied, however, Franklin's words are still as true today as they were then. Does it make sense to give up our freedoms in the name of securing our freedom? Thats seems very non-sensical to me.....
true. If we are going to do that why bother with constitutional ideas at all?
Funny how those actually directly affected by terror dont feel that way at all.

Somrday in the future if 29 year old white alcoholics are posing a threat to security I would volunteer to be searched everywhere I went.
Easy to say if its not actually something you have to deal with. It is not one persons prerogative to make decisions affecting everyone else. Equal protection means just that. And probable cause. Fundamental elements of THE AMERICAN WAY.

I dont care how many terrorists are out there, I dont want cops feeling my nuts every 5 minutes searching for "weapons"

For all that, anyone could be the dreaded "terrorist" So lets install cameras in every home so we all have to watch our words and deeds 24/7. Then we can be safe from anything like speaking our mind. Living in fear of a police state that can stop, detain and manhandle you on a whim is no way to live and a recipe for a Gestapo situation.

darth los
01-Jul-2007, 12:12 AM
true. If we are going to do that why bother with constitutional ideas at all?
Funny how those actually directly affected by terror dont feel that way at all.

THANK YOU !!! Not to ruffle any feathers, but i've posted that a couple of times already. It seems that the areas that are the most likely terrorist targets, NYC and Cali for example, are blue states and for the most part anti war. The states that don't have a chance in hell to get bombed and therefore not directly in the line of fire, tend to be red states. Take what you want from that, but it seems to be true.

Terran
01-Jul-2007, 12:20 AM
THANK YOU !!! Not to ruffle any feathers, but i've posted that a couple of times already. It seems that the areas that are the most likely terrorist targets, NYC and Cali for example, are blue states and for the most part anti war. The states that don't have a chance in hell to get bombed and therefore not directly in the line of fire, tend to be red states. Take what you want from that, but it seems to be true.

Isnt Washington DC Blue too?

coma
01-Jul-2007, 12:23 AM
True and I thinks its really wierd like they get off on all the manufactured fear. We, on the other hand, have real fear but that doesnt mitigate the intrusion. I dont know too many residents who say "good, I want my bag searched. Out of towners and commuters like it, but THEY DONT HAVE TO LIVE IT. They go home and get left alone. I have modified my behavior and I dont even do any thing wrong. Its self censorship that you are lead into.

AcesandEights
01-Jul-2007, 12:43 AM
if they are brown, pat them down.

I Lol'd, then was sad when I read this...ahhh, the dichotomy.

Danny
01-Jul-2007, 01:00 AM
"if they are brown pat them down"?

huh. kinda reminicent of putting a star of david on your jacket isnt it, and dont give me the "oh bringing up nazis" retort since this is how racial tension starts, theres muslims and arabs in my classes at college and they dont run around with anthrax and a gruka knife making "lalalalala" noises, judging someone by the colour or religion, whilst not racism techincally if you aint implying that its still bigotry.
and how many people with brown skin are mulsim or from the middle east, does this mean if your a guy from brooklyn whos got african roots then hes gotta be patted down for not being white?, thats monstrously obscene, beyond belief.

MissJacksonCA
01-Jul-2007, 01:06 AM
I think the idea of the 'random' search is stupid I mean its punishing someone at random... personally I travel a lot less out of sheer fear of the gloved search at the airport... somethings just shouldn't have to be endured. Though I dont condone racial profiling at airports because hey... domestic terrorists exist and they happen to be white and black and every color in between. They're women and men and they look just average. Spend ten minutes at a ELF meeting and you'll see how normal they are. Further ...terrorists aren't stupid if they were 9/11 would've never happened. There are actual prescription medications and methods by which your skin color can change to appear to look differently. A black man can be white, and vice versa. I'm sure it could work with people of other nationalities as well.

What does bother me is the idea of increased security. If we have access to increased security why dont we bloody well use it all the time? And why does increased security come AFTER an attack? Or only on holidays? I mean come on... was 9/11 a special day to terrorists? Or to us? No. So what the **** makes the government think that they're going to get us on a national holiday? Give me a break.

darth los
01-Jul-2007, 01:10 AM
"if they are brown pat them down"?

huh. kinda reminicent of putting a star of david on your jacket isnt it, and dont give me the "oh bringing up nazis" retort since this is how racial tension starts, theres muslims and arabs in my classes at college and they dont run around with anthrax and a gruka knife making "lalalalala" noises, judging someone by the colour or religion, whilst not racism techincally if you aint implying that its still bigotry.
and how many people with brown skin are mulsim or from the middle east, does this mean if your a guy from brooklyn whos got african roots then hes gotta be patted down for not being white?, thats monstrously obscene, beyond belief.

Unfortunately some people feel that way and when issues of this nature arise it comes to the surface. whether it be out of fear or racism it's still wrong and it's sad. I, being a "brown" man, can say with all my heart that i'm proud of who i am and would never want to be anything other that Puerto Rican. However, the fact that these feelings are out there and undeniably exist means that they must be talked about and resolved i some way. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. I'm of hispanic decent but i am against illegal immigrants. One can't just assume that because i'm hispanic i'm on the side of illegals. Similarly, we can't just assume that because one is muslimor of arab decent they're terrorists. We're all on the same side here. It's a classic tactic, divide and conquer. We want to keep ourselves and our families from getting blown up and attacking each other is not going to bring us any closer to that objective.

Tied2thetracks
01-Jul-2007, 01:30 AM
I apologize to whoever I offended with the brown pat them down line. I was funny at the time and it just came up (i still think its funny) I don't see to many crackas trying to blow up airports amd night clubs. You have you occasinal McVeigh in there bit 9 out of 10 times muhommad will pop up somwhere in the name.

coma
01-Jul-2007, 02:11 AM
In the 20s they blamed Italians for "anarchist" violence, then in the 60s it was rich white kids robbing banks to support their bomb making activities, then it was far right militants of the McVeigh Variety. Now it's Muslims. Were all rich white college kids targeted? No. Well some who were involved in radical activities but never across the board.

They should go after people who they have a reasonable suspicion of guilt. I know a Muslim dude who had the feds calling all of his friends and employers asking a lot of questions because of his address. Terrorist? Sure if Drinking beers and chasing pussy is called terror.
ITS JUST RACIST CRAP

It's designed to make US ALL back down and not fight for anything because we too can end up with a Kafkaesque black hood on our head. Fantasy? Ha! When was the last general strike in America held? 70 years ago??? We have been afraid and they are trying to cement it.

The solution to oppression is not more oppression.

MaximusIncredulous
01-Jul-2007, 02:38 AM
Regardless, I'm still more worried about drunk drivers, irrespective of race or color, than terrorists. This whole global terra crap started after bush f*cked up and needed to cover his ass. Not saying there is NO terra anywhere, always has been always will, but the constant mindf*cking by the gov and media have made people lose sight of things we really need to be concerned with.

Tied2thetracks
01-Jul-2007, 03:08 AM
Enter the buzz kill.

darth los
01-Jul-2007, 03:23 AM
Regardless, I'm still more worried about drunk drivers, irrespective of race or color, than terrorists. This whole global terra crap started after bush f*cked up and needed to cover his ass. Not saying there is NO terra anywhere, always has been always will, but the constant mindf*cking by the gov and media have made people lose sight of things we really need to be concerned with.

It's funny because mayor bloomberg of nyc was saying something similar to that the other day. He said that people have to stop worrying about terrorist attacks and that you are more likely to get struck by lightning than to be the victim of a terrorist attack. Yet we don't go around living ourlives built around the fear of thunderstorms do we? I'm not saying that the war on terror is not legitimate but, it's being used to make us live in fear so that we have conversations like this and are practically giving the gov't cart blanche to do whatever it takes to keep us safe from this percieved mortal threat, including bypassing the constitution.

Danny
01-Jul-2007, 03:27 AM
if you live like that, in terror, theyve essentially won if theyve broke your spirit anyway, people need to focus on stuff like gun crime, drunk drivers, parents that beat there kids, y'know taking care of whats going on on there doorstep rigth now.

MinionZombie
01-Jul-2007, 12:33 PM
As I've always maintained, terrorism is as old as the human race itself, there's always some nutter wanting to blow people up, it's nothing new. Mankind is facing a bigger threat from binge drinking and obesity, we really are.

Heck, SMOKING kills more people than terrorism does, and that's a normal vice.

All this "it's to protect you from terrorists" stuff that the gubment keeps peddling, an excuse to put cameras and microphones in lamp-posts and so forth - erm, no thanks, I'd rather be free and unwatched but live with the slight danger of something happening, which is just the same as we have now.

Hell, there was more terrorist activity from the IRA than this whole Al-however-you-spell-them.

Agencies have been working just fine to stop the vast majority of potential attacks, long before Bliar and Co got their grubby mits on the big red button of power, so if they're doing a decent job, why do we need to be observed and detained without charge and so on?

Like that 90 day without charge thing...surely if you're detaining someone, you have a pretty good idea that they're a wacko, or at least you should have a good idea of that. So why can't they get what they need, which sticks, inside a month? I mean come on, they have the power and might of the bleeding government behind them! :eek:

As for racial profiling, it partly makes sense and I can understand it's use. How many of the terrorists in recent years related to Al-whatever have been white? How many have been Chinese/Mexican/Indian/Black/Red/Russian and so on? Of the recent terrorists, it's almost entirely been Muslim males...however, of the Muslim community they make up such a small quantity, racial profiling becomes unfair...

Hopefully I'm explaining my "here and there", both having & eating my cake take on racial profiling. Basically, the terrorists that are being looked for these days are basically Muslim males, it's pretty darn rare for one to be a white guy, or a black guy, or a Mexican or a polar bear or whatever, but then also, the terrorists make up such a teeny-tiny portion of the Muslim community that racial profiling becomes pointless at the same time...it's neither useful or useless...:confused:

I think everyday problems in the UK are far more damaging and dangerous than terrorism. There's always been terrorism, and our various agencies have done a pretty decent job of preventing many attacks. The odd one happens, but that is bound to happen, terrorists are dangerously dedicated people, so it's bound to happen sooner or later - my point being, it's not exactly a common occurrence.

The only reason we've had two failed car bombs and one that hit an airport wall is because that bastard Darth Brown has taken over from Pants On Fire. It's prime time for terrorists, meanwhile every day in normal life isn't.

Terrorism really isn't a big threat, it's just a problem, and it's being dealt with quite well by various agencies already, without the need to erode our hard fought-for civil liberties.

Like I said before, binge drinking and obesity are far bigger problems that the UK is currently facing.

*glances in the general direction of terrorists*

*blows a raspberry, raises "V" sign* JOG ON! :lol:

rightwing401
01-Jul-2007, 01:54 PM
Increase in airport security? Right, like the programs and iniciatives that subjected my 70+ old grandparents to rediculous searches and proceedures. I can still remember a few years back when those idiots forced my wheelchair ridden grandfather to get out of his chair because, 'the metal detector went off when he went through'. Duh.
What did they think the wheelchair was made of, salamie?
I remember my dad demanding to know why they were forcing my grandfather to stand up. The reply was, "We have to make sure he's not sitting on a bomb."
There comes a point when the measures for security become too much, and I'd say we far surpassed it.

coma
01-Jul-2007, 03:35 PM
Basically, the terrorists that are being looked for these days are basically Muslim males, it's pretty darn rare for one to be a white guy, or a black guy, or a Mexican or a polar bear or whatever, but then also, the terrorists make up such a teeny-tiny portion of the Muslim community that racial profiling becomes pointless at the same time...it's neither useful or useless...:confused:
Well, the 13th 911 hijacker (I think thats what they call him) is black and Richard Reed the shoebomer is white. Funny, the white guy is the only one with a scraggly beard. The 911 terrorists all looked pretty normal. So I guess that means they can profile anyone because even a 90 year old wheelchair ridden grandpa can be one too.

Most terrorists they catch here are form Yemen, Saudi or Egypt. Funny, NONE from Iraq and I cant recall any Iranians doing any attacks here. So we have to fight Iraqis there because they arent coming here and how else can we kill them? So we might as well search Gramps.
Christ. how could ANYONE defend these intrusions? besides the obvious civil liberty ramifications, it's just plain STUPID
I havent flown since all this and I dont intend to either.

MaximusIncredulous
01-Jul-2007, 05:04 PM
Christ. how could ANYONE defend these intrusions? besides the obvious civil liberty ramifications, it's just plain STUPID
I havent flown since all this and I dont intend to either.

The media always manages to trot out some yokel that parrots the usual line, "As long as it makes me feel safe, I'm all for it *grin*". Makes you wish a ton of luggage would fall right on them.

Tied2thetracks
01-Jul-2007, 05:11 PM
http://http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1731568.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/12/12/wmous12.xml

Richared Reid was half jamacian and hald english and ugly as all hell.

I believe you mean the 20th hijacker Zacarias Moussaoui was half french half moroccan.

These guys are far from white. Not saying we shouldn't be searching creepy white guys.

MinionZombie
01-Jul-2007, 05:59 PM
The media always manages to trot out some yokel that parrots the usual line, "As long as it makes me feel safe, I'm all for it *grin*". Makes you wish a ton of luggage would fall right on them.
I'd rather feel free and not spied upon, than "feel" safe, which is a lark, you never feel safe, or if you do you're on medication.

Life is dangerous, and so is freedom - but you know what - at least it's free.

I'd rather to be free with a hint of danger than spied upon with no actual decrease in the danger, despite gubment spin.

Exatreides
01-Jul-2007, 07:02 PM
Because Timothy Mcvay wasn't American eh?

Neil
02-Jul-2007, 08:13 AM
If anything, these latest attacks once again show that the highly organised global terrorist network we keep gettnig told about, doesn't really exist. It seems that - once again - we have a bunch of not particularly well organised people not achieving very much...

Post 911 we were told there were thousands of sleep cells who were all part of a highly organise Al Qaeda network... As with virtually all of the nonsense that came on the back of 911 (including Iraq), it's all proved to be a buch of bollards...

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/rumsfeld.mpg

DjfunkmasterG
02-Jul-2007, 10:51 AM
If anything, these latest attacks once again show that the highly organised global terrorist network we keep gettnig told about, doesn't really exist. It seems that - once again - we have a bunch of not particularly well organised people not achieving very much...

Post 911 we were told there were thousands of sleep cells who were all part of a highly organise Al Qaeda network... As with virtually all of the nonsense that came on the back of 911 (including Iraq), it's all proved to be a buch of bollards...

Neil, you are my hero. How friggin organized are they if every single time they try to blow something up they get caught or the problem diffused before it happens?

I give many Kudo's to England, and the UK in general. You guys catch more terrorist cells trying to plan something than any other government I hear about.

MinionZombie
02-Jul-2007, 01:28 PM
Timothy McVae - militia group nutjob anti-government type. Nothing "new" there, there's always wack-jobs like that out there, and there's plenty of anti-authoritarian/government people out there. How do you protect against nutters like that beyond the adequate measures we already have in place and have had in place for a long time.

Freedom isn't foolproof, the current measures aren't 100%, but they're better than squat-all. Someone is always going to sneak through a crack somewhere at some point in time and something bad will happen. Something bad is bound to happen at some point in time, that's life.

And despite your post, which possibly sounds a little sarky (maybe I'm reading the intonation wrong), we had the IRA.

Tied2thetracks
02-Jul-2007, 05:14 PM

You must get your news from CNN. Post 9/11 sleeper cells have been busted, I never hear reports that there were thousands to be found. You Britts remember that whole 7/7 thing right? And now car bombs found ready to go. Not all of these idiots are well planned or intelligent, but you don't need a degree to kill people.

I'm not living in fear but I do realize the threat is real.

MinionZombie
02-Jul-2007, 06:06 PM
Basically, you could say that "successful" attacks are down to luck on one side (their's) and incompetance on the other (our's).

What is really messed up is that 3 of the arrested 7 are freaking doctors/medics working in this country! :eek:

What happened to the hypocratic oath?! :stunned: We'll see if they really are those responsible or not in due course, but if they are, that's messed up - I'm talking "Right at Your Door" messed up (watched it this afternoon, great film, but utterly terrifying, just makes you go "oh that's f*cked up" :eek:).

Unsuccessful attacks (the majority - at least in the West, you don't hear of many unsuccessful car bombs in Iraq etc do you? :rockbrow:) are bad luck (for the terrorists) and good luck with a dousing of competance for us.

LoSTBoY
03-Jul-2007, 06:58 PM
I have a new hero!

http://www.johnsmeaton.com/

This is the guy how helped a policeman subdue (read: kick in) one of the Glasgow Terrorists.

Check out the 'Other John Links' for news video of him being interviewed.

Pure legend! :cool:

MissJacksonCA
03-Jul-2007, 10:57 PM
what's this pint pledge thing?

darth los
04-Jul-2007, 12:51 AM
What happened to the hypocratic oath?! :stunned:

The same thing that happened to all the religeous principles that tell them not to kill etc. They get corrupted and brainwashed at some point. They actually rationalize their acts of murder with religeous zealotry.

MinionZombie
04-Jul-2007, 10:08 AM
Now apparently all 8 people arrested have NHS connections!

Great, so I guess there's another reason not to go into an NHS hospital these days. As if waiting lists, MRSA, incompetance, lack of doctor's and nurses and the smell wasn't bad enough, now you'll probably end up getting treated by a terrorist! :rolleyes:

(I guarantee that joke (or thereabouts) ends up on 8 out of 10 Cats on Friday :D)

LoSTBoY
04-Jul-2007, 11:36 AM
what's this pint pledge thing?

It's for people who appreaciated his involvement with the terrorists.

You can buy him a pint which is being kept on a TAB behind the airport bar.

The goal was 1000 pints but it has easily passed it.

Neil
04-Jul-2007, 11:45 AM
It's for people who appreaciated his involvement with the terrorists.

You can buy him a pint which is being kept on a TAB behind the airport bar.

The goal was 1000 pints but it has easily passed it.

LMFAO!!!

MinionZombie
04-Jul-2007, 04:37 PM
hehe, noiiice! Free booze! :D

"Kick in" - you're damn straight.

Khardis
07-Jul-2007, 01:38 AM
Besides it's the media that blows up the whole "all arabs are terrorists". I bet you'll find alot more whites in the US willing to destroy the goverment than you'll find arabs.

How many would act on it though? Tim McVey is the only one in recent memory.

Neil, you are my hero. How friggin organized are they if every single time they try to blow something up they get caught or the problem diffused before it happens?

I give many Kudo's to England, and the UK in general. You guys catch more terrorist cells trying to plan something than any other government I hear about.

For 1, Britain has experience.

and 2. They get caught because as organized as many of them are, our governments Intel folks are much more organized, especially when they aren't being screwed by politicians. Case in point, 9/11 happend not long after Clinton left office, the CIA and FBI were still gutted. After the entire thing went down they released the CIA and FBI and let them do thier jobs. As such terror plots like the Fort Dix and JFK bombings have been uncovered on time.

Thanks domestic spying :D

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 02:27 AM
How many would act on it though? Tim McVey is the only one in recent memory.

For 1, Britain has experience.

That's a good point. Israel is another country, unfortunately, with tons of experience in that department. America is in it's infancy in terms of dealing with domestic terrorist threats.