PDA

View Full Version : And the pc train rolls on

darth los
01-Jul-2007, 02:31 AM
Brain-training game whisked out of stores after mother of handicapped child complains about offensive content.

This is why banning or censoring certain games because they might be offensive to some people is a very slippery slope. Pretty soon all we'll have are games where you raise flowers and puppies.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173353.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;6

Danny
01-Jul-2007, 02:55 AM
taht'll be racist to weeds then:rolleyes: , honestly games are supposed to be a little politically incorrect purely becuase there not set in reality, so stereotypes, parodies and the like are fair game, not racial things or owt, but if i see a british,-no scratch that engilsh, guy with bad teeth, sying "i say" and sipping tea i aint gonna cry wolf.

....actually crying wolfs a good term to use, why dont these guys get off there asses to stop drug or child abuse, or drink driving, or pedophiles kidnapping kids or something, if you find something offensive, dont let your kids get a hold of it, dont ruin it for everyone else, jsut cus one type of person finds somethign offensive doesnt mean the majority does.

and not wanting to sound anti american but us brits are placed in with europe so we get games after you so if a group of american soccer moms throw a **** fit, it most likely wont even reach our shores for us to judge ourselves.

DeadJonas190
02-Jul-2007, 02:41 AM
taht'll be racist to weeds then:rolleyes: , honestly games are supposed to be a little politically incorrect purely becuase there not set in reality, so stereotypes, parodies and the like are fair game, not racial things or owt, but if i see a british,-no scratch that engilsh, guy with bad teeth, sying "i say" and sipping tea i aint gonna cry wolf.

....actually crying wolfs a good term to use, why dont these guys get off there asses to stop drug or child abuse, or drink driving, or pedophiles kidnapping kids or something, if you find something offensive, dont let your kids get a hold of it, dont ruin it for everyone else, jsut cus one type of person finds somethign offensive doesnt mean the majority does.

and not wanting to sound anti american but us brits are placed in with europe so we get games after you so if a group of american soccer moms throw a **** fit, it most likely wont even reach our shores for us to judge ourselves.

That game was banned in the UK, not in the US, but I get what your saying. However, Manhunt 2 being banned lead to the ESRB here in the US giving it an Adults Only rating which is a death sentance to any game as most retailers are afriad to carry something that might actually sell to it's intended audience. Basically they are afraid to carry a product that kids can't buy.

darth los
02-Jul-2007, 02:49 AM
That game was banned in the UK, not in the US, but I get what your saying. However, Manhunt 2 being banned lead to the ESRB here in the US giving it an Adults Only rating which is a death sentance to any game as most retailers are afriad to carry something that might actually sell to it's intended audience. Basically they are afraid to carry a product that kids can't buy.

There are new reports out now that manhunt 2 is being shelved idefinitely. If you examine it closely there's really no reason to ban this game if it's intended audience is adults. Children i think we all agree should be protected and kept from certain media. But what right do they have to censor adults from purchasing this content?