View Full Version : Well, they got me again. RESE dvd

darth los
01-Jul-2007, 04:25 PM
Damn!! I just posted about this a couple of weeks ago. I already own the original RE and the sequel. Now they're coming out with a special edition which includes both films and exclusive "bridge scene" which connects the first 2 films to the 3rd and a movie ticket to go see Extinction. Considering i was going to see the film anyway, it's not such a bad deal when you think about it. Of course i'm going to get it, but it's another example how they keep coming out with updated editions of films that just totally puts a gun to avid fans of a franchise.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13804/Resident-Evil-Double-Feature-Collectors-Edition-Set/

fartpants
01-Jul-2007, 05:44 PM
loved both films so this is a must-have for me, roll on September :)

Andy
01-Jul-2007, 06:11 PM
but it's another example how they keep coming out with updated editions of films that just totally puts a gun to avid fans of a franchise.

you mean how they keep thinking of ways to con more money out of gullable idiots?

no offense :p

darth los
01-Jul-2007, 06:50 PM
you mean how they keep thinking of ways to con more money out of gullable idiots?

None taken. It's not just any movie i would do this for, just the zombie ones. For example, i own the DOTD ultimate edition, paid $50 for it actually when it first came out. If they were to come out with another one, say next year for the 30th anny, i'd be compelled to buy it. I couldn't live with the fact that there's a version of it that i don't own. :(

RustyHicks
01-Jul-2007, 06:58 PM
Happened to me.
I had Alien, Aliens and Alien Resurection on DVD,
then they came out with the box set Quardilogy with
all the bells and whistles and I bought it. I just had to own
it. I'm a fan of the Alien movies

capncnut
01-Jul-2007, 07:15 PM

Couldn't agree more Andy, the RE movies are a disgrace to the videogame franchise. Seriously, trade them in at Blockbusters and buy Bambi or something. Much more entertaining. :dead:

Terran
01-Jul-2007, 07:39 PM
The second one was especially horrible....It barely held itself together....it came across like a bunch of random scenes.....bleh the second one was just so horrible....

acealive1
01-Jul-2007, 07:49 PM
:eek:

the first one does come with the deleted scene........right? and both movies have all the original extras.......right? if so IM GAME!!

capncnut
01-Jul-2007, 08:06 PM
<looks at Ace in disbelief> :eek:

fartpants
01-Jul-2007, 08:37 PM

wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that these are resi movies would it Andy :D

EvilNed
01-Jul-2007, 09:05 PM
Am I the only one who think these films suck balls?

bassman
01-Jul-2007, 09:14 PM

No....I'm with you on that one. I think that's the only thing we've ever agreed on.....

Andy
01-Jul-2007, 09:52 PM

Me too, i rank the RE movies about the same level as children of the dead and NOTLD 30th anniversary edition.

capncnut
01-Jul-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey, don't be dissing Night 30 now! :D

CoinReturn
02-Jul-2007, 12:13 AM
I remember paying matinée admission on a Monday for Resident Evil 2. My friend and I thought it would be a good way to kill an afternoon, seeing as the first one was actually pretty entertaining.

It was the first time I ever walked out on a movie.

acealive1
02-Jul-2007, 02:31 AM
<looks at Ace in disbelief> :eek:

cmon. i LOVED the movies. saw both in theatres

darth los
02-Jul-2007, 02:57 AM
Well, i don't have to say that i like the films. I'm probably biased because i'm a fanatic about the games. I don't think thee the best the genre has to offer at the same time they are far from the worst. I can name a couple of dozen off the top of my head. They're like most the rest of the genre, poorly scripted with no character development, but hey i like other cheesy, campy movies as well.

MissJacksonCA
02-Jul-2007, 04:17 AM
maybe i'm stupid but...

can't you just join Vongo and download it offa there? granted you'll still have to pay for the movie ticket but they give you all the movies you can download like netflix but they dont mail you anything its all done online

darth los
02-Jul-2007, 04:33 AM
maybe i'm stupid but...

can't you just join Vongo and download it offa there? granted you'll still have to pay for the movie ticket but they give you all the movies you can download like netflix but they dont mail you anything its all done online

I'm still not comfortable with the whole dowloaded content thing. I think that's the way the industry is going, but to put all your files on your computer can be risky. A virus could wipe out everything. I'm more comfortable with my hard copies for now. Also, sometimes those downloads are not as good quality as dvd either.

Eyebiter
02-Jul-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm waiting for the DVD boxed set with special editions of all three Resident Evil movies.

MissJacksonCA
03-Jul-2007, 04:14 AM
wow you must have some kind of mad self control skills going on to be able to wait for the next RE movie annnnnnnnnd then for the boxed set to come out before committing to buying 'em

MikePizzoff
03-Jul-2007, 05:57 AM
None taken. It's not just any movie i would do this for, just the zombie ones. For example, i own the DOTD ultimate edition, paid $50 for it actually when it first came out. If they were to come out with another one, say next year for the 30th anny, i'd be compelled to buy it. I couldn't live with the fact that there's a version of it that i don't own. :(

I own the Dawn ultimate boxset, the Dawn DVD they put out in 2004, three versions of it on VHS, and two different versions of the Goblin soundtrack on vinyl... I guess it's safe to say they sucked the money out of me.

darth los
03-Jul-2007, 06:52 AM
I own the Dawn ultimate boxset, the Dawn DVD they put out in 2004, three versions of it on VHS, and two different versions of the Goblin soundtrack on vinyl... I guess it's safe to say they sucked the money out of me.

Exactly. It's not like i'll do this with every damn dvd that gets released. There's just some things that people have a weakness for. How many times have you bought the same cd or record because it got broken or lost or whatever?(before downloads of course). I just couldn't stand it if there was content out there i didn't own. :(

EvilNed
03-Jul-2007, 09:31 AM
No....I'm with you on that one. I think that's the only thing we've ever agreed on.....

Man, never thought I'd agree with a ROTLD-hater on Anything! :D

Danny
05-Jul-2007, 02:57 AM
i too am gonna wait for a trilogy box set, i dont really like the first, its a good stand a lone movie but it has hardly anythign to do with its namesake, though i serosuly cannot comprehend why people prefer the first one to the second, the final boss guy in the first was a single licker people?!?!, come on!, thats just lame.
i myself really preffered resi 2, the scenes showing the outbreak, with the woman knowing shes been bitten throwing herself off a building, alleys and streeets full of hundreds of zombies was great. totally inspired by romeros jap resi ad.:cool:

darth los
05-Jul-2007, 03:08 AM
though i serosuly cannot comprehend why people prefer the first one to the second

I don't know about other people but i feel that the sequel was the better film. Although, the first is a much more beautiful film imo. The cinematography is just so much better and is very striking.

Danny
05-Jul-2007, 03:10 AM
i can see it taht way i guess, resi 2 was just shot like , well like i imagine die hard 4 is (no way in hell im caling it "for-point-oh" with a straight face).

darth los
05-Jul-2007, 03:15 AM
i can see it taht way i guess, resi 2 was just shot like , well like i imagine die hard 4 is (no way in hell im caling it "for-point-oh" with a straight face).

That's because we appreciate the art of cinema.That kinda stuff goes right over most people's heads. IT's like watching battlestar Galactica. The cinematography on that show is head and shoulders above 99% of anything else on t.v. It's a pleasure to watch.

Danny
05-Jul-2007, 04:00 AM
aye look at that and each episode looks like a gritty war film, look at others liek andromeda and star trek adn they look like panto.
i may not care for the dumb plots in lost but the camera work is pretty good, reminds me of edgar wrights style AKA lets see how many 45 degree pan shots wee can include in one scene:p