View Full Version : anyone else ever have someone try to buy the shirt of you'er back?

Tied2thetracks
01-Jul-2007, 05:31 PM
Creepy people. Somone offered me $70 for a football jersy I was wearing. They actually expected my to take of my shirt and sell it to him on the spot.
I think its about 12 years old, Packers Sterling Sharpe throwback jersy, its a cool shirt but not cool enough to try and strip it off a man at a pub.

Anyone else have any similar situations?

Exatreides
01-Jul-2007, 07:04 PM
why not sell a 12 year old shirt for 70 bucks?

Tricky
01-Jul-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah someone wanted to buy my amplified rolling stones T-shirt off my back last year,it was in the queue for a club i was going in!loads of other people asked me where i got it from as well,ive got a few of their shirts (ACDC etc) cos they're just cool :)
http://www.asos.com/images/inv/G/15/88/141399/Charcoal/image1l.jpg
http://www.stylevenue.com/uploads/images_products_large/1047.gif

RustyHicks
01-Jul-2007, 11:15 PM
Yeah, a girl in college.
I had a bowling shirt I use to wear,
she always teased me that she was going to
rip it off my back one of these days.
On our last day of class I gave her the shirt
and she loved it.

EvilNed
01-Jul-2007, 11:52 PM
Someone asked to buy my Pink Floyd pants. But I had others with me, so I guess it's reasonable. :p

FoodFight
01-Jul-2007, 11:59 PM
Somone offered me $70 for a football jersy I was wearing.
He just wanted your musky man scent.

MissJacksonCA
02-Jul-2007, 12:04 AM
just to give you another perspective...

I was in Billings, Montana spending the nite at a local hotel on my way across the country and left my purse in the restaurant I was in... I began running back to the hotel I was at and it was pouring rain and some guy was running after me... he saw I forgot it and came to return it... I saw his shirt... he was a marine and it was some kind of shirt I guess only they could receive... he refused to take money for it and just gave it to me but I bought him a few drinks for it later... it was a sweet shirt that went "missing" after my boyfriend did my laundry... ****er that he is

I also tried to buy a dress offa girl once... she got really mean about it but I offered her $100 bucks for what musta cost $40... she refused to part with it ...I still want that dress... grrr

And i'm currently in negotiations to buy a hoodie offa guy I know... its custom done and totally screams my name and I bloody well want it! arrrgh

EvilNed
02-Jul-2007, 12:36 AM
Bet it was a mexican, wasn't it, Tied2thetracks? An illegal one!

Tied2thetracks
02-Jul-2007, 02:12 AM
why not sell a 12 year old shirt for 70 bucks?

I think it was $70 new,it is quite the sweet shirt. When you buy somthing at Lambeau field it is never cheap. I'm not a big sports gear gu but I am holding onto that one.

acealive1
02-Jul-2007, 02:30 AM
i've been offered about $70 for my reggie white jersey.

MikePizzoff
02-Jul-2007, 04:16 AM
I have an ancient Partisans (UK '82 punk band) t-shirt that I was once threatened, by a random guy, to get my ass kicked if I didn't give it to him. He never got the shirt but we did have a few beers together.

MissJacksonCA
02-Jul-2007, 04:26 AM
Bet it was a mexican, wasn't it, Tied2thetracks? An illegal one!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eyebiter
02-Jul-2007, 03:30 PM
While on a college trip a girl offered to buy the vintage Adidas t-shirt I was wearing. Ended up trading it to her for a pair of New York City tourist T-shirts. Found out years later it was Blair Butler from X-Play.

MikePizzoff
02-Jul-2007, 06:03 PM
While on a college trip a girl offered to buy the vintage Adidas t-shirt I was wearing. Ended up trading it to her for a pair of New York City tourist T-shirts. Found out years later it was Blair Butler from X-Play.

That rules, Blair seems like an awesome chick!