PDA

View Full Version : may contain spoilers but... (Doctor Who related)

Cykotic
01-Jul-2007, 06:20 PM
Who else cried when the master died??

just me?

yep.... I'm a wuss

capncnut
01-Jul-2007, 07:08 PM
I have to say, I found it incredibly touching. The really sad thing is that I think The Master's (temporary) death was just a way of writing John Simm out - which is a shame - because I happen to think he was the best Master since Delgado.

But on a good note, Titanic over turkey, who's looking forward to the Xmas special? :cool:

Danny
02-Jul-2007, 02:58 AM
man youd have to be a tard to think davis wouldnt bring him back though, most obvious thing since a couple in a horror movie going to screw while theres a known killer on the loose:rolleyes:

as for the titanic thing pfft!, if the same "what?" thing at the end is a sign its gonna be yet another dr who equivalent of an anime filler ark, a sub par story that will be quickyl forgotten about adn never spoken of again in the proper canon.:bored:

Rottedfreak
02-Jul-2007, 07:17 AM
Wasn't the ninth Doctor on the Titanic?

At the end it's shown a woman picking up the Masters ring cackling, I think he might have survived, maybe used the same device that allows timelords to alter their physiology and the reason Saxon wouldnt regenerate is because he couldnt.
What came as a surprise was the revelation that Jack is to be the Face of Boe, in the series timeline this transformation will happen between its current setting and The Long Game set in the year 200'000 - where he'll give birth.

MinionZombie
02-Jul-2007, 01:43 PM
Hell yeah! Capn' Jack is Boe! That was a nice twist alright! :)

As for The Master, Tennant certainly acted his balls off in that scene, a true sign that he's a superb Doctor. It was really touching, but I didn't well up over it, but it was a great episode and a great ending too.

Now, let's see...The Master chose not to regenerate, then his body was cremated. As his ring was lying amidst ashes, he obviously burnt all the way through...as for the ring being picked up, it's gotta be The Master's missus, she wore a red dress and (if you look closely) she was wearing red nail polish.

So it appears as if The Master's wife has taken the ring.

My Dad said something about there was some other baddie in Doctor Who's of old where there was some female villain, but I can't remember the name he said, and of course I've no idea as I didn't/haven't seen all the old ones/can't really remember them.

Anyway - hell yes, "voyage of the damned" - bring that sh*t on, sunshine! :)

Cykotic
02-Jul-2007, 03:43 PM
Minion, the villan of which you speak is The Rani and if memory serves right, she was played by Kate O'Mara

capncnut
02-Jul-2007, 04:04 PM
Hell yeah! Capn' Jack is Boe! That was a nice twist alright! :)
Yeah, I was like WTF??? :confused:

MinionZombie
02-Jul-2007, 05:59 PM
Minion, the villan of which you speak is The Rani and if memory serves right, she was played by Kate O'Mara
The Rani! That's the hammer.

Yeah, my Dad's theory is that that'll be the next "big thing" in Doctor Who.

I wonder if they'll ever cross the Tennant Doctor with any of his other previous incarnations, it's been done before, but not in this new version. They've had him come across one of his old companions, but it'd be cool to see him come across one of his old generations...someone said the 9th doctor was on the Titanic?...that got me thinking about that, that'd be a cool episode right thar.

tkane18
02-Jul-2007, 07:11 PM
I don't think Doc #9 was actually on the Titanic. I think in that episode, it said that he prevented a family from boarding the ship at the last minute.

As for the Doctor meeting one of his former selves - I think it would only be possible if the remaining actors looked somewhat like they did when they played the Doctor. From some of the pictures I have seen, it's not too likely with the exceptions of Docs #8 and #9.

Rottedfreak
02-Jul-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't think Doc #9 was actually on the Titanic. I think in that episode, it said that he prevented a family from boarding the ship at the last minute.

That was in 'Rose' and in 'The End of the World' he said "I was onboard another ship once, they said that was unsinkable. I ended up clinging to an iceberg, it wasn't half cold."

tkane18
02-Jul-2007, 09:05 PM
Good job, Freak.

Now, let's see...The Master chose not to regenerate, then his body was cremated.

I didn't know a Time Lord could choose to regenerate. That's interesting. :rockbrow:

I would have thought that it was some kind of automatic survival function. After all, who would not want to? (with the exception of this episode)

Cykotic
03-Jul-2007, 07:08 AM
I thnk that maybe the idea that the master transferred his remaining regenerations into the ring and that was why he couldn't regenerate. He knew that the one thing that would hurt the Doctor more than anything else, was his death. That way, he could both defeat the doctor and continue to live in the body of someone else....

Mrs Saxon maybe?

Rottedfreak
03-Jul-2007, 06:52 PM
Mrs Saxon would be too obvious it might be that so called 'Sinister woman' from '42' and 'the Sound of Drums' but then that would be too obvious as well.