PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the TV series 'Dexter'?

Neil
03-Jul-2007, 08:32 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/

The reviews look good!

Danny
03-Jul-2007, 05:23 PM
a serial killer catching serial killers?, im guessing the fact this started when condemned came out is no coincidence, im sticking to heroes for my u.s drama fix, especially since anythign good on fx like carnivale' or huff gets cancelled soon enough anyway.:rolleyes:

MinionZombie
03-Jul-2007, 08:19 PM
I duno when it starts, I'm sort of considering trying it out, after all it's Michael C Hall (that's the name, right?) from Six Feet Under ... and the premise is intriguing...torrents here I come! hahaha! :p

Ivarr
03-Jul-2007, 09:11 PM
In the USA on SHowtime it actually had its first season run already...

My wife and I loved it and plan on getting showtime again in September for the next season.

He's a great character and the show is well writen and knows how to creep you out ... He is a monster... But he has rules :)

If you look around in the Bookstore or on Amazon.com for a book called "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" its the book the series is based on.

I highly recomend it to people who are fans of horror and suspense.

Check it out here (http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do?source=shocom_nav)

MissJacksonCA
03-Jul-2007, 11:20 PM
I've never even heard of it! It sounds worth a watch though I like James Remar as an actor he's scary. But the whole show sounds very suspect zero to me. I'm gonna be saving it for my netflix!

Danny
11-Jul-2007, 07:09 AM
i caught the rerun of the first ep today.

gotta say very good, i like how he breaks the 4th wall adn will talk or even look at the screen, its pretty unique and i definatley think ill tune into the next episode.

Geophyrd
11-Jul-2007, 12:46 PM
Dexter is great. It dragged a little midseason but then snapped back. Hall plays a great serial killer (this is NOT killer-cop direct to video...he really is a serial killer in the Patrick Bateman mold) who has been taught to channel his urges into nailing other serial killers. I won't spoil any aspect of the show except to say that it is really good.

Now..once you've had a chance to see it, weigh in. Among other things, is Dexter's sister hot or not? Cannot decide on my own...

MinionZombie
19-Jul-2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah, Dexter's sister ... aye I would. :)

There you go, answered. :D

As for Dexter, I'm just finishing downloading the entire first season so I can enjoy it in my own time and watch them quickly if I want (I see the first two episodes of season two are already leaked!)

Anyway, I'm loving it, it's a great show, really sucks you in...it's about morbid stuff, but you never feel dragged down because of it...it's actually an entertaining show to watch...which is odd considering it's about a guy who serial kills while studying blood spray at other killer's crime scenes, but very well shot, well written, well acted - brilliant show all round.

I've seen the first three episodes so far, I look forward to the rest of the season. :):cool:thumbsup:

Danny
19-Jul-2007, 11:18 AM
ooh you reminded me episode 2 is on tonight:cool:

its a nice change of pace show wise, it uses mostly unkown acotors and its really well written and directed, plus the flashbacks of hi cop dad realisin' his sons not right and telling him to focus his killing on other killes was a storke of genius plot wise, this is gonna be a sleeper hit, just hope it doesnt get taken off the air like huff.

MinionZombie
19-Jul-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, Dexter has a second season at least, we know that much, and it's done well thus far, Michael C Hall got some award for it already, so hopefully it'll hang around and provide quality (yet dark) entertainment.

I hope it doesn't get bogged down in purely character stuff, you have to have a balance between the characters and the 'gimmick' of the show, so-to-speak...

kidgloves
24-Jul-2007, 06:24 PM
(I see the first two episodes of season two are already leaked!)

Thanks for the heads up.:)
I loved the first series. Blasted through it in about a week. Quality TV.

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2007, 06:50 PM
Indeed, it's a great show.

I finished off the first season and the first two of season two, love the show, great stuff. :)