PDA

View Full Version : What drives a person to suicide?

MissJacksonCA
03-Jul-2007, 11:58 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19569704/

I can see why this guy killed himself though I never heard of him or even recognised him. I never even heard of what happened to him nearly a year ago. But in general I just dont get what in a way forces someone to kill themself.

Danny
04-Jul-2007, 03:47 AM
'Ritcheson, a Mexican-American who was beaten unconscious and sodomized with a plastic pole by a man shouting "White Power!" '

..yeah i can kinda see how that might push you to do something like that. and lets face it any white guy whos used the phrase "white power" is a disgrace to there ethnicity, and speaking as a white guy myself there ****ing scum that are relics of a waybygone (thankfully) era.:mad:

-anyway.

i hope the racist mother****ers proud of himself, a human life, a soul, wasted, he had his whole life ahead of him and one act of another individual drove him to snuff out his own spark so to speak, the guy could have cured cancer, written up a peace treaty, been a great novelist or anything, but now he never will.
its stuff like this that makes you think how us homo sapiens, on the whole are generally scum nowadays. its a sad fact but if one human can be so evil as to do an act like this and drive anotehr to take his own life were not exatly the enlitened race people in the 40's writing sci-fi thought we would be.

on the topic though a while bakc on a horror forum i found a thread by a long time member (you know few thousand posts) had done a thread stating "you killed me", being a human with that sense of macarbe fascination i clicked on it, all it said was "you killed me. i hope your happy".
and the guy never posted on there again.
did he really do it, or was it just a sick joke?
either way to do that on the internet, especially if he did himself in, rather than tell freinds but rather an online community of people hes never met is a very sad thing indeed.

coma
04-Jul-2007, 04:10 AM

I can see why this guy killed himself though I never heard of him or even recognised him. I never even heard of what happened to him nearly a year ago. But in general I just dont get what in a way forces someone to kill themself.
You're still young, give it time. Life can get extremely sh*tty for long periods of time.
Its really wasy to see why this poor fella killed himself. He got his guts destroyed by a gang of nazis. He was probably incontinent and it wasnt getting better as evidenced by repeated surgeries.

I dont see whats so hard to understand. Life can be superhard and can seem like a long line of crap punctuated by a few good moments. For some those few good moments are not enough reason to continue. Suicide equals problem solved. Its pretty simple.

MissJacksonCA
04-Jul-2007, 05:14 AM
Hellsing your post reminded me of another one of mine about people online and their truthfulness. One of my friends is someone who spends vast time online I'm not sure what he does I know that he does a lot of product testing for computer games and the like but I dont know what he does online so much. Anyway... he met a girl online and felt like he fell in love (the poor guy leads a sheltered life) and she kept stringing him along and making up excuses why she couldn't meet him. Eventually after like say a year he gets a phone call saying she had a brain tumor and had to fly to another country for surgery. I kept telling him he was being ****ed with but hey I know how messed up and volatile people can be towards each other and he led his sheltered life and had no idea. Eventually he gets a call saying she died and yada yada never got to go to a funeral but now talks to her cousin who told her she died. I keep affirming to him she never existed but the man never listened to me. Eventually he tried to kill himself ...never quite worked but he's better now. When I found out I wanted to track down that chick myself and beat her to death for what she did. Never found her. Still looking though...

I guess for me whats hard to understand is what makes other people want to kill themselves. Is it one thing... is it a bunch of things. I know why the young man in the article did it I suppose but I'm just wondering if there was something that could've been done to help him? Or are suicidal people in a sense hopeless.

mista_mo
04-Jul-2007, 05:37 AM
it's often one thing- compunded and made worse by little things.

for example,

a mans father dies in a car accident, his son believes if he had been driving the car he would still be alive

We'll call this major incident

a few days later his dog dies from a hit and run

minor incident #1 he feels that if he had left the dog inside it would still be alive. The dog getting hit by the car reminds him of his dads death.

next, he notices small decline in his work habits
minor #2

next, he begins to lose sleep at night, increasing his state of agitation by alot, and bringing his stress levels much higher.
minor #3

he looks at the main problem, confounded by these smaller ones and suddenly the major problem becomes magnified. Seeing the continue stress and strugglign he is doing, he does something drastic.

it happens not only that way, but in other ways. I feel that this is the most noticable and one of the more common reasons why someone kills themself or trys; a major occurance happens in their life that they can't cope with, and after that they look at other things as having to do with that problem, and it makes the situation seem more hopeless then it normally would.

I know with me, it was part of that, and partly because i was starting to get into old habits that i never wanted to do again. I viewed myself as having failed life and it's tests, and the only way out was to do it.

thats anouther way as well...you view yourself as a failure and as worthless...I dunno, maybe the poor kid looked at himself in disgust and hatred for letting that happen to him, or couldn't live with the shame of what happened to him.

we won't know.

MissJacksonCA
04-Jul-2007, 07:09 AM
Its not that I dont understand how mounting bad things can destroy a persons will to live but I just wonder if its something that can be fixed per se... maybe I guess

darth los
04-Jul-2007, 12:38 PM
That's why being sucidal is a very serious medical condition. It doesn't get nearly the attention or sympathy it deserves mostly because of the reason you mentioned, most people just don't understand it. It's not as simple as saying "snap out of it" or "get it together." There Are deep psychological problems associated with it. From what i've seem deep feelings of hopelessness as if there's no other way out contribute to it. Now imagine how hopeless things have to be for you to even consider killing yourself. Ultimately , if a person is determined to kill themselves there's nothing anybody can really do about it since you can't babysit someone 24 hours a day.

MissJacksonCA
04-Jul-2007, 01:56 PM
Its just suprising to me because so many people are on anti-depressants (which sometimes can amplify your suicidal feelings) and then there's just a ton of people who attempt suicide. I know there's like 'treatment centers' for it but I feel like when people are sent to one of those mental facilities its more or less like the facility isn't there to help them get over their deep depression so much as its there to give their families/friends a sense that the problem is being taken care of.

Neil
04-Jul-2007, 02:20 PM
FFS! This is just horrible!

Cykotic
04-Jul-2007, 04:51 PM
I've lost people to suicide and I've came close to it (still have scar on wrist...) on various occaisions, but to different people, it happens in different way and really depends on the person's mood....

RustyHicks
04-Jul-2007, 04:58 PM
So many people find life so hard, that they think suicide is
the only way to end the pain.
Some are just so depressed they have no hope.
Some had some tramatic event happen to them they
just couldn't face it.
Too many reasons, not enough solutions

_liam_
04-Jul-2007, 05:10 PM
didnt you start a thread like this a while back? i might just be losing track.

people kill themselves for the same reasons people get angry and shout at their friends or smash things up, they just feel too much and lose control.

i guess sometimes you get nutters who feel too little and kill themselves, and then genuine cases who die for allah or elvis or the mothership.

Tricky
04-Jul-2007, 06:17 PM
You can never quite know whats going on inside someones head,even those who seem outwardly happy & have no obvious problems might have some secret problem thats eating them up on the inside,enough for them to consider taking their own life

darth los
04-Jul-2007, 06:19 PM
I've lost people to suicide and I've came close to it (still have scar on wrist...) on various occaisions, but to different people, it happens in different way and really depends on the person's mood....

I lost someone to suicide as well. My brother inlaw was a closeted gay man. He was going to join the marines and everything. He felt that he coulnt tell anybody and that people wouldn't accept him for who his is. That old country hispanic culture is a bitch that way. I think he was trying to put up a front by joining the military, among other things. He couldn't take it anymore. He was only 19. :(

flyboy
06-Jul-2007, 07:57 PM

belive me when your in the deepest,darkest pit of despair, suicide starts to play on your mind.and specialy if you had been sexually assalted in that manner.poor guy.if this had happened to me, id have done the same thing.:(

Neil
06-Jul-2007, 08:47 PM
You can never quite know whats going on inside someones head,even those who seem outwardly happy & have no obvious problems might have some secret problem thats eating them up on the inside,enough for them to consider taking their own life

Well said! I think all us are two different people... The person on the inside and the person on the outside...

acealive1
06-Jul-2007, 09:01 PM
hopelessness,feeling like the end is near,no self esteem

'Ritcheson, a Mexican-American who was beaten unconscious and sodomized with a plastic pole by a man shouting "White Power!" '

..yeah i can kinda see how that might push you to do something like that. and lets face it any white guy whos used the phrase "white power" is a disgrace to there ethnicity, and speaking as a white guy myself there ****ing scum that are relics of a waybygone (thankfully) era.:mad:

-anyway.

i hope the racist mother****ers proud of himself, a human life, a soul, wasted, he had his whole life ahead of him and one act of another individual drove him to snuff out his own spark so to speak, the guy could have cured cancer, written up a peace treaty, been a great novelist or anything, but now he never will.
its stuff like this that makes you think how us homo sapiens, on the whole are generally scum nowadays. its a sad fact but if one human can be so evil as to do an act like this and drive anotehr to take his own life were not exatly the enlitened race people in the 40's writing sci-fi thought we would be.

on the topic though a while bakc on a horror forum i found a thread by a long time member (you know few thousand posts) had done a thread stating "you killed me", being a human with that sense of macarbe fascination i clicked on it, all it said was "you killed me. i hope your happy".
and the guy never posted on there again.
did he really do it, or was it just a sick joke?
either way to do that on the internet, especially if he did himself in, rather than tell freinds but rather an online community of people hes never met is a very sad thing indeed.

i cant help but hate those moronic people who hate people based on their heritage. it doesnt make sense because of the simple fact that someone can hurt a person cuz they "dont look like them". they scream "white power" but i've never seen a white person in my life. i dont think anyone has

Danny
06-Jul-2007, 11:38 PM
^ well theres albino guys and gals but totally, i saw a show a while back were people tested a bunch of british peoples DNA to see there heritage, the ones that didnt care got some cool surprises , like a doddering old lady shared dna with ghengis khan, but all the right wing "white is right" types who aid "nine generations all british or you arent" were, in there own words, all 'mongrels' one woman leading an anti muslim route found out she had 70% of here 5th generation DNA coming from the middle east, she then contacted the show trying to sue them for telling the truth:rolleyes:

since england fits into, apparently, texas 17 times ,nyone who can trace back there blood 9 gneerations of british blood (which i think of the top fo my head is 519 people though that sounds wrong ) on an island as small of this then theres a word for you and it aint "pure british bulldog" its "I-N-B-R-E-D", i think one of my grandads has polish grandparents on one side, but im english i dont think it affects who i am but i wont be told im not for having 4 or so generations back some polish folks, its cool in a way, to know youve got a little bit of blood from other countrys i think, kinda makes you feel insignifiant in the timestream of life but at the same time, part fo a great big whole if you get my meaning.:)

acealive1
07-Jul-2007, 12:00 AM
some people are just weird. thy had skin heads on jerry springer once and the guy goes "what power!!" springer goes "whats ur last name" and it was some kind of polish name. and hes like "so u hate people but ur polish? dont skin heads hate them too?"

Danny
07-Jul-2007, 12:01 AM
for once the micehal jackson "its ignorance" excuse seems to have actual value:rolleyes:

MissJacksonCA
07-Jul-2007, 10:43 AM
Liam... nope didn't start a thread like this a while back though Hellsing had one about a old schoolmate who killed himself and asked if he was a dick for not crying... at least I think it was HS?

The thing that I find most discouraging about suicide is that the people who dont want to reach out for help would have to talk about why they want to kill themselves if they want to get help... and obviously if they have such a bad life that they can't talk to anyone about it they're going to have a mighty hard time opening up to a professional... lets face it psychologists and psychiatrists are scary... i should know.. i've seen at least 20 different ones lol

Danny
07-Jul-2007, 01:25 PM
Liam... nope didn't start a thread like this a while back though Hellsing had one about a old schoolmate who killed himself and asked if he was a dick for not crying... at least I think it was HS?

:eek: whatchu-talkin'-about-missjackson!

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 03:40 PM
some people are just weird. thy had skin heads on jerry springer once and the guy goes "what power!!" springer goes "whats ur last name" and it was some kind of polish name. and hes like "so u hate people but ur polish? dont skin heads hate them too?"

That's why you should always check yourself before you wreck yourself.

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 02:42 AM
:eek: whatchu-talkin'-about-missjackson!

If it wasn't you it was someone else from the UK... which narrows it down to half the people here! Maybe it was MZ