PDA

View Full Version : Ordering video games from other countries?

Eyebiter
04-Jul-2007, 03:26 AM
Anyone try to purchase video games from another country and have them shipped internationally to save money? Even with international shipping costs it seems like a good deal. Notice some titles that sell for $60 here in the US are about $7 if you buy them from an internet store in Poland.

MinionZombie
04-Jul-2007, 10:18 AM
I don't think that'd really work, depends on which generation you're talking about, I don't really know much about importing video games (unlike importing DVDs which is generally a piece of piss), but certainly with current next gen games they have region settings on them, so a European game won't play on an American machine and vice versa.

darth los
04-Jul-2007, 12:23 PM
I always have a problem with how i'm going to deal with he exchange rate. Some international sites don't even have an option to pay in dollars, so i don't know if it's even possible to buy from those. Also, sometimes the games are cheap but the shipping costs will kill you and make the purchase not that big a difference from if you got it domestically. It just depends i guess.

MinionZombie
04-Jul-2007, 04:42 PM
If you're using a credit card, no problemo. If a site will ship internationally, they'll take your money, perhaps they just don't show a conversion or have a button to press.

If you wanna know a conversion for money, use www.xe.com - superb site for that. :)

Basically, a quid is worth almost 2 dollars.

darth los
04-Jul-2007, 05:38 PM
If you're using a credit card, no problemo. If a site will ship internationally, they'll take your money, perhaps they just don't show a conversion or have a button to press.

If you wanna know a conversion for money, use www.xe.com - superb site for that. :)

Basically, a quid is worth almost 2 dollars.

A little off topic. It's funny that the administration in this country never let's it be known what the dollar is actually worth sompared to other countries currency. That's freakin' double our own !!!. I remember when the dollar was tops or damn near near it. They want us to think everything is fine in this country, our economy is great and want us to keep spending money and going about our business, basically blind while they wage their agressive wars.

Eyebiter
06-Jul-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah have heard there are regional differences with the various console system games (US/Europe/Asia). Usually doesn't seem to be as much of a problem with PC games though. Since it's only about 20 bucks think I'll order from overseas and see if they show up.