PDA

View Full Version : Saw IV Plot and Casting Revealed

darth los
05-Jul-2007, 03:30 AM
Beware of spoilers. :eek:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/801/801350p1.html

Danny
05-Jul-2007, 03:57 AM
:annoyed: oh.good.****ing.god LET THE ****ING FRANCHISE DIE FOR CHRIST SAKE!

i hate the saw films with a friggin' passion man!, the first was a poorely written piece of crap hoping to ride on the sucess of se7en ,a dn it was so ****ing simple, of course you know jigsaws the patient in the bed since a camera just does not spend that much time on a person if they have no relvence to the plot:rolleyes:
there cheap gore fests that do nothing to film but stagnate it, good for teens wanting a summer ,-or october gore fest, but even as semi serious cinema id even find a uwe boll or eli roth film haveing more integrity.:bored:

darth los
05-Jul-2007, 04:16 AM
I personally like the first one. It struck me more as a psychological thriller. The other 2 were just gratuitous gorefests with no substance.

MinionZombie
05-Jul-2007, 11:16 AM
I really dug the first one, really blew me away. The second pretty much sucked balls, the gore was lame and the characters were all piss-annoying tossers, there were a few odd moments of good stuff, but quite rare.

I rather enjoyed the third film, especially how it filled in plot holes, plugged gaps and so on, I dug the third film indeed.

I really think they should just leave it now though, a 4th really sounds like reaching too far and struggling for a plot that makes enough sense...deary me.

bassman
05-Jul-2007, 02:32 PM
The first film is decent. The others are horrible and i'm sure this one will be no different. I guess that happens when all the sequels are churned out EVERY YEAR so the kiddies will have an excuse to spend mommy and daddy's money.

darth los
05-Jul-2007, 05:58 PM
The first film is decent. The others are horrible and i'm sure this one will be no different. I guess that happens when all the sequels are churned out EVERY YEAR so the kiddies will have an excuse to spend mommy and daddy's money.

That's exactly why most movies suck today. The urge to "strike while the iron is hot" proves to be too much of a temptation to resist. They should just wait a little longer and make better films. The only films i can think that it worked with is the LOTR trilogy. The matrix 2 and 3 failed miserably and pirates 3 was trash. Both came out way too soon.

bassman
05-Jul-2007, 06:24 PM
That's exactly why most movies suck today. The urge to "strike while the iron is hot" proves to be too much of a temptation to resist. They should just wait a little longer and make better films. The only films i can think that it worked with is the LOTR trilogy. The matrix 2 and 3 failed miserably and pirates 3 was trash. Both came out way too soon.

Great Scott! No mention of the BAck to the Future Trilogy?

darth los
05-Jul-2007, 06:48 PM
Great Scott! No mention of the BAck to the Future Trilogy?

:lol:

As a matter of fact they gave it on tv yesterday. My sisters asked me to watch it with them and i politely declined. One was classic imo. The quality of the films deteriorated as the series progressed. By the the time 3 rolled around it was unwatchable.

MinionZombie
05-Jul-2007, 07:15 PM
Are you freaking kidding me?! The BTTF trilogy is one of the greatest all-time trilogies out there, all the films interconnect, they all have the same love and passion and they breed it in the viewers too!

I love the BTTF trilogy, it's the holy grail of quality trilogies. A rare case where a 2nd and 3rd - done back to back - have come out well, and retained the same joy and passion as the first, as well as the same seat-gripping action, the same soaringly gripping score, the same brilliance...it's a shame the original Jennifer wasn't in the sequels though, she was well fit. :)

EvilNed
05-Jul-2007, 07:18 PM
I think the Matrix sequels are good. I think the BTTF sequels are good. I think the pirates sequels are adequate (but they bore me). But these franchises are another thing than this Saw/scary movie thing.

bassman
05-Jul-2007, 08:10 PM
...it's a shame the original Jennifer wasn't in the sequels though, she was well fit. :)

You didn't like Elizabeth Shue? I thought she was hot...

Danny
06-Jul-2007, 01:50 AM
maybe its just cus im a sucker for westerns but back 3 kicked ass!:cool:

bassman
06-Jul-2007, 04:16 AM
maybe its just cus im a sucker for westerns but back 3 kicked ass!:cool:

Although I'm a sucker for westerns, as well.....I like BTTF3 regardless of it being set in the "westerns". Do I think it's as good as the first or the second?.....No. It fits the feel of the trilogy, though. It was a logical step in the franchise/characters and I feel that it fit magically and created a logical close to the group that were made familiar in the original. It's chapter three....it was "Jedi"...

Then again, I'm an 80's child so it might be a bit biased.:p

darth los
06-Jul-2007, 04:36 AM
Although I'm a sucker for westerns, as well.....I like BTTF3 regardless of it being set in the "westerns". Do I think it's as good as the first or the second?.....No. It fits the feel of the trilogy, though. It was a logical step in the franchise/characters and I feel that it fit magically and created a logical close to the group that were made familiar in the original. It's chapter three....it was "Jedi"...

Then again, I'm an 80's child so it might be a bit biased.:p

IMO the quality of jedi far surpassed BTTF 3 in terms of quality of the third film in the series (ok, i guess it's six now, but i hate counting phantom menace). There's not much of a drop off from the 4th film to the 6th in the star wars series. On the other hand BTTF 3 couldn't even sniff the original imo.

MikePizzoff
06-Jul-2007, 04:45 AM
Plot revealed? All they have to say is "Saw IV is being made." and everyone will immediately know the plot. Jigsaw captures people and puts them in strange, torturous, situations. It's that simple.

darth los
06-Jul-2007, 04:51 AM
Plot revealed? All they have to say is "Saw IV is being made." and everyone will immediately know the plot. Jigsaw captures people and puts them in strange, torturous, situations. It's that simple.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the most spot on statement i've heard today. It's like saying the plot to Jackass 3 has been revealed. Gee, i wonder what it's going to be about. :confused:

Danny
06-Jul-2007, 10:37 AM
homoerotica, duh, why do you think the dickhouse logos a rainbow:rolleyes: :lol:

MinionZombie
06-Jul-2007, 11:00 AM
Elizabeth Shue was alright, I'd poke that, but the original Jennifer was much fitter I say. :):p:D

As for BTTF3, totally, it fits the overall trilogy arc, it fits in and rounds thing off nicely.

As for SAW IV, well ... Jigsaw is dead, yet he's still going to be in it, so I guess in flashbacks...so *lets all reach far beyond our stretch now* I guess he set up some other "final" elaborate game (despise saying in #3 that this was his final big finish) relating to characters we've never heard of.

Ooooh, it's ever such a big old reach, the writers must be up a ladder and dangling over to the side with one foot off the rung, wiggling their fingers towards what they're calling a plot. :lol::p

Danny
06-Jul-2007, 01:50 PM
As for SAW IV, well ... Jigsaw is dead, yet he's still going to be in it, so I guess in flashbacks...so *lets all reach far beyond our stretch now* I guess he set up some other "final" elaborate game (despise saying in #3 that this was his final big finish) relating to characters we've never heard of.

cough!-shamelessprequel!-cough!:shifty:

MinionZombie
06-Jul-2007, 07:25 PM
A prequel? Not sure, didn't get that impression from the brief synopsis...but aye, that could be the case...perhaps Jigsaw's first ever game? I duno...would go and look at the brief synopsis, but I'm too lazy and Big Bruvnah is on in a minute. :p

darth los
06-Jul-2007, 09:13 PM
A prequel? Not sure, didn't get that impression from the brief synopsis...but aye, that could be the case...perhaps Jigsaw's first ever game? I duno...would go and look at the brief synopsis, but I'm too lazy and Big Bruvnah is on in a minute. :p

I think hells is on to something. Jigsaw did die, so there's really no explanation other than we were duped somehow into thinking he was dead when he's really not. He is a insideous madman after all. He's fooled many people over the years.

EvilNed
06-Jul-2007, 09:20 PM
A prequel? Not sure, didn't get that impression from the brief synopsis...but aye, that could be the case...perhaps Jigsaw's first ever game?

Idiot, you just gave them the plot for Saw 5! nice going, jackass.

MinionZombie
06-Jul-2007, 10:02 PM
Idiot, you just gave them the plot for Saw 5! nice going, jackass.
If I have, then - to quote Jay & Bob - "where's my motha-fukkin' movie cheque?!!?" :D

Jigsaw is blatantly dead, his neck was sliced open by that guy who picked the tool himself, it wasn't necessarily expected, too many variables - he coulda killed him with his bare hands...then of course with Jigsaw dying, that set off the shotgun neck thingy and killed that dude's missus...besides, Jigsaw was on his last legs anyway, the cancer had taken over completely...cancer or tumour, whatever it was...

So if he's back in it, it's a flashback or prequel situation then.

Perhaps it's a team coming in and finding the mess left over from the end of #3, and then a new game begins ... but that's really reaching in itself, because how can Jigsaw specifically get someone he wants to come along to that location of their own volition and then choose to get into that situation? It's really reaching. Prequel seems most likely, unless Jigsaw had a second "final" game going on the side (which is just retarded, and kinda negates the whole third film).

Ah mate, the writers must really be dangling off that ladder trying to grab that plot dangling from the tree, eh?

capncnut
07-Jul-2007, 04:07 PM
Really, why is Hollywood so intent on killing off decent franchises. As a standalone movie (no friggin' sequels) Saw is OUTSTANDING! Really, an ingenious series of plot twists that lead up to a jaw dropping finale. Almost the perfect thriller.

So why the f**k have we got three crap sequels? Even Hostel is on it's second outing (the first one wasn't even all that to begin with) and I wouldn't mind betting that'll be the end of that franchise now. Who pays to see this crap? I find it hard to believe these sequels make ANY money at all...

Danny
07-Jul-2007, 05:32 PM
Really, why is Hollywood so intent on killing off decent franchises. As a standalone movie (no friggin' sequels) Saw is OUTSTANDING! Really, an ingenious series of plot twists that lead up to a jaw dropping finale. Almost the perfect thriller.

:rolleyes: , so you didnt find it odd they spent about a full minute of screen ignoring the character of the flashback and focussing on jigsaw in the bed?. i really dont get how its seen as great plot twists, its peditable as hell.

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2007, 09:09 PM
pfft, I thought SAW was an awesome movie, still is, and the ending just blew my mind. I got completely sucked in, I think it's pathetic to try and predict what happens next in a film and feel smug about it (not directing this at anyone here, just saying, it gets right on my tits).

I rather dug SAW III though, the way it wraps up the three films and links to the first and second, I totally dug that. The second film was tosh though.

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 09:24 PM
Every franchise has it's black sheep, a film that just doesn't fit in with the others. I guess saw 2 was that film.