PDA

View Full Version : just bought a new paintball gun

mista_mo
06-Jul-2007, 02:45 AM
200 dollers, came with the gun (tippman 98 custom) a huge mofo hopper, a mask that makes me look and feel like master chief, and a 9oz. canister

i cannot wait to unload on one of my friends...perhaps the fat one...

all in all, i feel like a badass with this thing on.

Tricky
06-Jul-2007, 10:02 AM
Ah you should have said you were looking for one,i could have pointed you in the direction of a full tippmann A5 package for about £150,or a 98 package (mask,20oz Co2 bottle,box of paint,squeegee etc) for £100!im paintballing on sunday,going to a walk on with my A5 & my new pod harness,should be good!Co2 is on the decline for paintball now,i use it when im having a shootout with friends,but a lot of sites are using air now which is cleaner & better for your gun :)

mista_mo
07-Jul-2007, 02:26 AM
tbh, i have never been painballing before, but man, it looks so fun, and i can't wait to do it. me and a bunch of my friends are getting together soon to play....

and i concur about Co2...it is also better for the person firing the gun..

DeadJonas190
07-Jul-2007, 05:39 AM
Nice, thats the gun I have, I love it.

MissJacksonCA
07-Jul-2007, 11:22 AM
paintball is fun but how many pball guns does one need?

mista_mo
07-Jul-2007, 09:46 PM
thats like asking a women how many femenie hygiene products she'll need...

The answer is about one a month.

*serious time*

I only have 2- my other one cost me about 60 bucks and ran off of little tiny Co2 cartridges, the one i have now has a 9 oz tank with it, and i plan on getting a bigger 20 oz one in a few weeks.

going tonight so i will post a battle report here and a better one in my own personal thread.

Deadjonas, how do you find it anyway? the gun i mean? what do you like and not like about it?

CornishCorpse
08-Jul-2007, 04:54 PM
Congrats on the purchase, its a very reliable marker. Ive got one myself sadly itll be on ebay soon enough, no time to play and people around here are strict with filling gas canisters so no extra curricular activities in the woods sadly.

Its easy to take apart and clean, it can take alot of wear and tear unlike alot of the higher end markers. Last time I played because of the unfair advantage the owner of the place lent his personal marker to one of my friends on the opposite team. A proper speedball marker in the range of a grand, one drop and the owner very quickly gave my friend the standard issue marker back and took back his brightly coloured piece of rubbish away :lol:

PS You will learn to love the grip at the front.

Tricky
08-Jul-2007, 05:56 PM
paintball is fun but how many pball guns does one need?

Ive got two,but only because the first one i bought broke & i havent been able to get it fixed,so ive got one useless JT tac 5 & my Tippmann A5 :)

I didnt make it to the walk on today though,i was out in manchester last night & woke up still leathered & with a pounding head so the 2 hour drive back up to the paintball site wouldnt have been sensible!they have them every month though so il make it to the next one definitely!

Neil
09-Jul-2007, 02:49 PM
tbh, i have never been painballing before, but man, it looks so fun, and i can't wait to do it. me and a bunch of my friends are getting together soon to play....

and i concur about Co2...it is also better for the person firing the gun..

Mostly depends on how good/reliable the weapons are you have...

The best one I ever went on was down to the fact the guns were damn reliable and reasonably accurate at least...

...and in my opinion you have to allow head shots! (Some placed don't!)