PDA

View Full Version : Get Him Arrrghhhh

Yojimbo
07-Jul-2007, 01:55 AM
Some time ago, someone pointed out to me that in the scene outside of the Penny's gates when Stephen is trying to get the keys off his belt to give to Fran just as the zombies are approaching him, you can hear one of the zombies say "Get him, arrrrghhh!"

I'm serious! "Get him, arrrghhhh!" like a pirate.

I did not believe this when I was told, but heard it my self by reviewing the scene, and had never noticed it through my repeated viewings.

Just as the zombies approach Stephen, there is a hard cut to a medium shot and a zombie says "Get him, arrrghhhh!"

I mentioned this elsewhere online and got laughed at and dismissed.

Just so that I don't feel like I am hearing things, has anyone else noticed this?

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 02:44 AM
Some time ago, someone pointed out to me that in the scene outside of the Penny's gates when Stephen is trying to get the keys off his belt to give to Fran just as the zombies are approaching him, you can hear one of the zombies say "Get him, arrrrghhh!"

I did not believe this when I was told, but heard it my self by reviewing the scene, and had never noticed it through my repeated viewings.

Just as the zombies approach Stephen, there is a hard cut to a medium shot and a zombie says "Get him, arrrghhhh!"

Just so that I don't feel like I am hearing things, has anyone else noticed this?

I heard of this before as well. I have reviewed the scene ad nauseum and have failed to hear anything of that nature. I'm not saying you didn't hear it, i just can't. Maybe it's like one of the seemingly abstract paintings that you have to stare at for a while in order to see what it really is. I've never been able to see those as either. :( I'll borrow a line from the x-files: " I want to believe !"

MissJacksonCA
07-Jul-2007, 09:31 AM
durrr... i've never heard that either in the movie which i no doubt have heard and torn apart no less than 100 times ...

maybe its like the whole scene at the end of What Lies Beneath when Michele Pfeiffer is at the cemetary and the leaves blow up into the air and people think its someones face either Madisons or her late husbands...

MaximusIncredulous
07-Jul-2007, 10:44 AM

I just gave it a listen and and the only thing that even sounds like that is when the zombie reaches down to grab Flyboy and he pushes him away. As the zombie falls back he says something like "rehhhhhhhh, get him". Then again he could be saying "reb reb". Do you have a 00:00:00 at where you heard it to give us?

EvilNed
07-Jul-2007, 12:36 PM
Theatrical, Extended or Euro?

axlish
07-Jul-2007, 03:17 PM
I just reviewed it and heard nothing of the sort.

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 03:17 PM
As the zombie falls back he says something like "rehhhhhhhh, get him".

If that's what you heard , then he's right,you heard it. There's not much difference between the two.

Theatrical, Extended or Euro?

That's a good question burt. :lol:

EvilNed
07-Jul-2007, 04:06 PM
That's a good question burt. :lol:

WRONG!

"That's not a bad question, burt!"

That's how it is.

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 04:14 PM
WRONG!

"That's not a bad question, burt!"

That's how it is.

I'll go to you from now on for all my rotld info. :)

acealive1
07-Jul-2007, 04:54 PM
I heard of this before as well. I have reviewed the scene ad nauseum and have failed to hear anything of that nature. I'm not saying you didn't hear it, i just can't. Maybe it's like one of the seemingly abstract paintings that you have to stare at for a while in order to see what it really is. I've never been able to see those as either. :( I'll borrow a line from the x-files: " I want to believe !"

speakin of that, im in the middle of watching all 9 seasons. my god, i wanna marry it!!

bub21
07-Jul-2007, 06:05 PM
probably one of the extra's who didnt know anything about zombies and thought they could talk... but that would be surpising seeing how george could skip over something like that in the editing room,

RustyHicks
07-Jul-2007, 07:22 PM
Next time I watch Dawn I'll have to look out for that.

darth los
07-Jul-2007, 07:52 PM
speakin of that, im in the middle of watching all 9 seasons. my god, i wanna marry it!!

I just finished season 9 and yeah it was the shiznit. One of the few series i would splurge on the boxed set for. Definitely top notch.

probably one of the extra's who didnt know anything about zombies and thought they could talk... but that would be surpising seeing how george could skip over something like that in the editing room,

I could give you 10 examples of inconsistencies in the dead films off the top of my head where you would swear GAR had to know but for some reason he allowed to remain in the film. As a matter of fact, half of them are in Dawn.

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 02:34 AM
I just finished season 9 and yeah it was the shiznit. One of the few series i would splurge on the boxed set for. Definitely top notch.

I could give you 10 examples of inconsistencies in the dead films off the top of my head where you would swear GAR had to know but for some reason he allowed to remain in the film. As a matter of fact, half of them are in Dawn.

I'll take those 10 examples and use nothing from LOTD... i'll wait...

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 03:14 AM
I'll take those 10 examples and use nothing from LOTD... i'll wait...

In land there's probaly another 10 alone. I don't watch it enough to scrutinize like i do with the others though.

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 03:17 AM
It sounds to me like you were bluffing... if so... you suck.

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 03:53 AM
It sounds to me like you were bluffing... if so... you suck.

NOTLD- when they go for gasit suddenly turns to daylight for a few seconds then mysteriously back to night.

NOTLD- When hinzman chases barbara to the abandoned house. It's daylight in one shot and in the next it's night time

NOTLD- when ben drags the dead woman off to the side you can clearly see in that frame that her face and head are normal.

NOTLD- there are several runners scattered throughout the film.

NOTLD- After ben brains a zombie with a tire iron and pulls it out you can see the corpse moving his eyes evn though he's supposed to be dead.

DAWNOTD- At the airport there are 2 zombie children who "run" out at peter.

DAWNOTD- also at the airport after he blows those kids away he reloads his m-16 with what looks like .22 caliber rounds.

DAWNOTD- In the apartment building in the basement when the cops knock in the wood panel sealing the boarded up room. The zombies they free make no attempt to eat them. Instead the just dart up the stairs.

DAWNOTD- Again in the apartment building when roger is struggling with that female zombie another male zombie emerges from the room behind them. He make no attempt to eat them. Instead he just passes them and makes his way into the hall.

DAWNOTD- during the biker raid the sledgehammer wielding biker knocks over a teepee and you can see that before it falls on a female zombie laying nearby she moves even though she's supposed to be dead.

There's ten for you and i'm only halfway through the series. There are also several more in those films that i didn't mention.

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 04:03 AM
Maybe children zombies run because they have tiny legs?

mista_mo
08-Jul-2007, 04:07 AM
meh so what, he has runenrs throughout the movies, big deal. It's not really an inconsticency.

as for male zombie goign into hallway he could have been after his wife...memories you remember ya know?

the other ones, they fit the bill.

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 04:09 AM
meh so what, he has runenrs throughout the movies, big deal. It's not really an inconsticency.

as for male zombie goign into hallway he could have been after his wife...memories you remember ya know?

If the difference between shambling and running is not a textbook example of an inconsistency then i don't know what to say.

Yes they do have memory but not enough to ignore a meal that's right there in front of them.

mista_mo
08-Jul-2007, 04:17 AM
it's not an inconsticency tho....

obviosly, he liked it enough to keep it in the movie, and the ones in notld weren't really running...

okay Cemetary zombie was going at a good pace, but not a run. Run is Dawn 04

the faster ones in notld and such were moving at a fast jog.

In lotd cholo went after kaufmen
in day of the dead Bub didn't eat logan after he found his body, he remembered how much of an asshole rhodes was and wanted him dead...that kidna goes against what you just said about ignoring a meal...

I say they are differentials, not inconsticincies (or however the hell you spell it)

Philly_SWAT
08-Jul-2007, 09:07 PM
If you use the search feature on this board, you may be able to find other posts about this. I clearly remember the scene you are referring to, it sounds like "grrrr, get 'em". Not "get 'em, arrrrghh". Definately not a pirate zombie. Like had already been mentioned, just a movie mistake, most likely an extra who added some "dialogue" that wasnt supposed to.

JohnoftheDead
09-Jul-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey has anyone else ever noticed that all they talk about in NOTLD about going into the basement is how it's a deathtrap cuz there's no way out, yet in the one scene where Hinzman is walking around the house, you can see a basement entrance on the outside of the house?

MissJacksonCA
09-Jul-2007, 01:37 PM
maybe that was a fruit cellar

darth los
09-Jul-2007, 04:14 PM
Hey has anyone else ever noticed that all they talk about in NOTLD about going into the basement is how it's a deathtrap cuz there's no way out, yet in the one scene where Hinzman is walking around the house, you can see a basement entrance on the outside of the house?

How do you know that it was the entrance to the basement and not something else?

MikePizzoff
09-Jul-2007, 05:14 PM
I've never heard anyone say "get him" or anything like that in all the times I've viewed this movie so I just double-checked by putting in the extended edition and putting on some headphones to make the sound better... still heard nothing of the sort. Perhaps it's only in a certain version?

darth los
09-Jul-2007, 05:17 PM
I've never heard anyone say "get him" or anything like that in all the times I've viewed this movie so I just double-checked by putting in the extended edition and putting on some headphones to make the sound better... still heard nothing of the sort. Perhaps it's only in a certain version?

I own all 3 versions as i'm sure you do as well and i've played that scene over and over in an attempt to hear this infamous line. I have yet to hear any such thing.

Yojimbo
09-Jul-2007, 06:50 PM
I know that there are many who have responded and said that they don't hear this, and a few that said that they may have heard something.

So what I heard could possibly be for real, or I could be the victim of suggestion (that is, someone told me I would hear it and I was gullible enough to convice myself that I can actually hear this)

When I get home I will recheck my discs and provide a time code to what I think I am hearing and then put it to the jury for a final decision.

darth los
09-Jul-2007, 08:29 PM
I know that there are many who have responded and said that they don't hear this, and a few that said that they may have heard something.

So what I heard could possibly be for real, or I could be the victim of suggestion (that is, someone told me I would hear it and I was gullible enough to convice myself that I can actually hear this)

When I get home I will recheck my discs and provide a time code to what I think I am hearing and then put it to the jury for a final decision.

so in other words you're no closer to finding out than when you started the thread. :confused:

sandrock74
09-Jul-2007, 09:15 PM
Is this like the "dead childs ghost" seen in the background of Three Men And A Baby? Really it's just a cardboard stand up of Ted Danson.
I never heard the zombie supposedly talk in dawn either...

MikePizzoff
09-Jul-2007, 09:20 PM
Is this like the "dead childs ghost" seen in the background of Three Men And A Baby? Really it's just a cardboard stand up of Ted Danson.
I never heard the zombie supposedly talk in dawn either...

Three Men & A Baby ghost... I'm starting a new thread in Media about this.

Yojimbo
09-Jul-2007, 11:50 PM
so in other words you're no closer to finding out than when you started the thread. :confused:

You are quite right, however, I now know that at least two of you hear something similar to what I heard so at least I know I'm not hearing things, though my straining to hear the "pirate zombie" may be causing me to interpret what might be gibberish into an actual phrase.

RustyHicks
10-Jul-2007, 12:03 AM
I still don't hear it myself.
I heard the zombie go Grrrrr, but
didn't hear it say "get him"
Maybe I'm going deaf :D

Yojimbo
10-Jul-2007, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=MaximusIncredulous;100511] I just gave it a listen and and the only thing that even sounds like that is when the zombie reaches down to grab Flyboy and he pushes him away. As the zombie falls back he says something like "rehhhhhhhh, get him". Then again he could be saying "reb reb". [QUOTE]

It has been pointed out to me that I may have gotten the phrase wrong and that instead of "get him, arrghh" it might instead be "arrrgh, get him" Having put these in what might be the incorrect order might be causing folks to miss this line (since they are looking for a slightly different phrase)

Also pointed out to me: watch for a zombie in white grabbing for Stephen as a cue for the pirate zombie to say "arrgh, get him"