PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon Concert?

Khardis
07-Jul-2007, 02:20 PM
I am going on July 10th 4 tix 5th row VIP seating area, woot :D

MikePizzoff
07-Jul-2007, 03:01 PM
Never a big fan of Pink Floyd, but I'll listen to them if their stuff pops up, and I've done the "Dark Side Of The Oz" thing...

From the little bits I've heard on the radio, Roger sounds like **** live these days. Hope it's a good show for you, though.

_liam_
07-Jul-2007, 03:55 PM
it pwns. DSOTM rules. khardis you are a lucky bastard

capncnut
07-Jul-2007, 05:47 PM
I prefer Animals by Pink Floyd over Dark Side of the Moon anyday.

bub21
07-Jul-2007, 06:06 PM
well i would, but being in maine and having no money, ehh

_liam_
07-Jul-2007, 06:13 PM

i prefer wish you were here to em both :p

i would say the wall but i got a mate whos been obsessed with it since he was 15, its been playing in his car practically every day since he was 17 (he's 21). kinda spoiled it for me

capncnut
07-Jul-2007, 08:28 PM
i would say the wall but i got a mate whos been obsessed with it since he was 15, its been playing in his car practically every day since he was 17 (he's 21). kinda spoiled it for me
Yeah, it's the same with me man. I had a friend who threw himself heart and soul into that record for about 10 years, actually he's dead now. You do realise these Wall obsessives generally end up in loony bins by the time they're 30? :lol:

Khardis
08-Jul-2007, 03:37 AM
Never a big fan of Pink Floyd, but I'll listen to them if their stuff pops up, and I've done the "Dark Side Of The Oz" thing...

From the little bits I've heard on the radio, Roger sounds like **** live these days. Hope it's a good show for you, though.

Yeah his voice is going, but I gather thats why he picked Darkside, it was mostly Gilmour who sang that album ;) And he has a fantastic guy who tours with him who does lead singing for specific parts.

Same here, Dark side they were still figuring out their sound. Animals was really tight though. Hes also going to do other songs from other albums, I am hoping to hear Dogs personally.

Yeah, it's the same with me man. I had a friend who threw himself heart and soul into that record for about 10 years, actually he's dead now. You do realise these Wall obsessives generally end up in loony bins by the time they're 30? :lol:

heh, I obsessed over the Wall for about 4 years in college, then I snapped out of it, the Wall and Final Cut. The wall is still a fantastic album though.

capncnut
08-Jul-2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah his voice is going, but I gather thats why he picked Darkside...
It's a shame but it happens to all the greats, Roger Daltrey, even Jagger. The Stones are a great live band but when you compare them to any performance of theirs circa 1968-1975 (except Altamont), they are nothing. It's different for Waters though cos there's a rare genius that comes with him and his presence far outweighs any 'rough' vocal performance.

Hes also going to do other songs from other albums, I am hoping to hear Dogs personally.
You may still be hoping by the time the concert ends. That's a rare one, even though he's played it before a few times.

heh, I obsessed over the Wall for about 4 years in college, then I snapped out of it, the Wall and Final Cut.
The Final Cut is one of the most underrated Floyd albums out there. But I'm a punk-type so the urban grittiness of Animals makes it number one, I'm quite partial to Meddle too.