PDA

View Full Version : New Call of Duty 4 trailer, looks amazing! Chernobyl!

CoinReturn
08-Jul-2007, 12:21 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21256.html

The fact that they can get these kind of graphics and effects with a rock-solid 60 frames per second is a technical feat. Can't wait for this one.

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 04:54 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21256.html

The fact that they can get these kind of graphics and effects with a rock-solid 60 frames per second is a technical feat. Can't wait for this one.

It does look crazy. And to think that this generation is still in it's infancy. Just wait until developers get the hang of programming for these system, the ps3 in particular because it's reportedly very difficult to program for.

coma
08-Jul-2007, 05:05 AM
If they dont make a PC version Im gonna sh*t!

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 05:19 AM
If they dont make a PC version Im gonna sh*t!

It's a business. If there's money to be made you can count on it. You'll also save a ton of money not having to buy those depends. :D

MinionZombie
08-Jul-2007, 10:31 AM
It would make sense, COD is after all a PC franchise, it's where it was born. Also, in this day and age, it makes financial sense to release more games on various platforms - the main issue is programming from console to PC, for some reason that's a problem. :mad:

More games should be brought out on PC damnit!

Tricky
08-Jul-2007, 09:35 PM
looks good,apart from everytime a bad guy gets shot,it says "+10" over his head,i didnt think the COD games were about points & high scores,totally knacks the realism take if thats what they are doing!(i watched a youtube clip,not the one linked here,it was taking too long to buffer)

capncnut
08-Jul-2007, 11:04 PM
Now that was just pure eye candy... looks great! :cool:

Craig
10-Jul-2007, 09:02 PM
Urgh, USA vs Russia...?

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2007, 09:50 AM
Saw the trailer, great stuff, looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun.

Tricky - got linkage to this video clip you're on about with the plus ten's? :confused:

CoinReturn
11-Jul-2007, 04:09 PM
The whole "+10" thing was from a multiplayer mode. Singleplayer won't have a "points" system.

bassman
11-Jul-2007, 04:20 PM
Friggin incredible. When is this going to be released?

CoinReturn
11-Jul-2007, 11:35 PM
Here is the demo that was on display during the 360 press conference:

http://gametrailers.com/player/21586.html

wow.

capncnut
12-Jul-2007, 04:28 PM
Whoa, that's about as close to real-life as I have ever seen in a videogame! :cool:

darth los
12-Jul-2007, 06:40 PM
Whoa, that's about as close to real-life as I have ever seen in a videogame! :cool:

I think i heard on g4 that this is basically pushing the limits of the 360. If that's true it's only a matter of time before the ps3 can match and evntually surpass it since it is technologically superior. But for now i guess that ms has the edge.

MinionZombie
13-Jul-2007, 02:46 PM
But of course graphics aren't everything, playability is - the Wii has proven this in spades. Fortunately the 360 has a lot of really fun and really pretty games, a good combination of both traits.

But you can have something that looks amazing, but if it's a turd in a plastic bag to play...then what good is that?

darth los
13-Jul-2007, 04:44 PM
But of course graphics aren't everything, playability is - the Wii has proven this in spades. Fortunately the 360 has a lot of really fun and really pretty games, a good combination of both traits.

But you can have something that looks amazing, but if it's a turd in a plastic bag to play...then what good is that?

No the aren't but i think that hard core gamers play so many games that sometimes we need more to achieve a great gaming experience. I think the best games are a mix of both. Great graphics can't hurt a title can it?

MinionZombie
13-Jul-2007, 09:42 PM
No the aren't but i think that hard core gamers play so many games that sometimes we need more to achieve a great gaming experience. I think the best games are a mix of both. Great graphics can't hurt a title can it?
You're just repeating what I'm saying. :lol::)

Now tell me how pretty I am. :p:D

kidgloves
15-Jul-2007, 07:02 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21748.html

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2007, 10:31 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21748.html

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned:
*runs off to download this new video* Ooh I look forward to this. :)

Grrr...the gametrailers site is down and my download didn't complete itself, will have to try later, but here it is on YouTube:

u7-sxQ7dVuw

MinionZombie
17-Jul-2007, 10:58 AM
(finally got the HD QT file downloaded :))

Anyway, the footage is great, exactly what a COD game should be, a real cinematic experience. Does anyone else think that poor old Medal of Honour is always one step behind? Ever since COD came out, they're been one step behind. The next MOH game after COD beat it pretty much, or in some respects anyway...then the masterpiece that is COD2 came along...now there's MOH:A...but COD4 is coming along and has launched into modern combat...methinks COD4 will once again be sapping all the headlines, so-to-speak.

Kinda feel sorry for MOH, but Airborne still looks like a good bit of fun...not sure whether I'll play it though...I mean heck, Brothers in Arms has a new game coming out, and that's being touted as a genre leader for WW2...so...hmmm.

Anyway, the COD4 footage rocked cock! :)