View Full Version : The Mummy...

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 03:26 AM
Anyone else really like this movie? I hate the director because all of his films have the same general feeling but I really liked the Mummy. The Mummy 2 was okay and The Scorpion King was a total letdown but I just watched it and really enjoyed it!

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 03:57 AM
Anyone else really like this movie? I hate the director because all of his films have the same general feeling but I really liked the Mummy. The Mummy 2 was okay and The Scorpion King was a total letdown but I just watched it and really enjoyed it!

I liked the original but the series got worse as it progressed. That's not knocking it as the quality of the sequels in most franchises tends to decline.

mista_mo
08-Jul-2007, 04:00 AM
brandon fraiser was really good in these films.

i used to watch em all of the time, and i still love em.

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 04:04 AM
With an exception to Terminator 2 which totally ROCKED! And the Aliens franchise!

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 04:11 AM
With an exception to Terminator 2 which totally ROCKED! And the Aliens franchise!

T2 and aliens are the execptions to the rule. They are the rare case where a sequel surpasses the original.

mista_mo
08-Jul-2007, 04:13 AM
not T3 tho..and Day was better then night of Dawn, spider man 3 was better then the ones before it, scary movie 2 was better then the 1st one, resident evil 2 was better then the 1st one...

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 04:37 AM
I liked the Friday the 13th movies too... until Jason took Manhattan

mista_mo
08-Jul-2007, 04:39 AM
that was too over the top for me....but i hate friday the 13th..more of a nightmare on elm street man myself

darth los
08-Jul-2007, 04:40 AM
not T3 tho..and Day was better then night of Dawn, spider man 3 was better then the ones before it, scary movie 2 was better then the 1st one, resident evil 2 was better then the 1st one...

Those are up for debate.They are your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, the examples i mentioned,T2 and aliens, are virtually indisputable.

mista_mo
08-Jul-2007, 04:42 AM
oh hell yea.

aliens was the best in the series
and T2 was just...words alone cannot express the sheer awesomeness of that movie...

MissJacksonCA
08-Jul-2007, 04:52 AM
you mean the examples i mentioned are indisputable right? BECAUSE I SAID 'EM FIRST HAH lol jk

EvilNed
08-Jul-2007, 12:49 PM
Those are up for debate.They are your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, the examples i mentioned,T2 and aliens, are virtually indisputable.

Uh, no it's not. I, and many others, prefer Alien to Aliens. I love both of them, but Alien is the original it's the one I prefer for it's darker and claustrophobic setting.

I think Day is better than Dawn. My favourite Friday film is number 6. But most of the times, the original is the best!

This goes for The Mummy films too. I have the box set, and I much prefer the first one. It's very good. The first half of it is quite chilling before it gets turned into a adventure film (which works too). Mummy Returns was not as dark and more of an action/adventure film. I imagine that Stephen Sommers had more creative control over it, because everything is CGI (which has become to be his trademark).

The third one is in pre-production...

Eyebiter
08-Jul-2007, 02:24 PM
Have you seen The Mummy (1932) with Boris Karloff? Great film.

bassman
08-Jul-2007, 03:42 PM
Have you seen The Mummy (1932) with Boris Karloff? Great film.

This is "The Mummy" that I like. The new franchise is crap to me. The only reason I was able to sit through the first film was Rachel Wiez.

fartpants
12-Jul-2007, 05:49 PM
I liked the original but the series got worse as it progressed. That's not knocking it as the quality of the sequels in most franchises tends to decline.

not to disagree Darth but i thought part 2 was every bit as good as the first Mummy film, loved em both...

darth los
12-Jul-2007, 06:46 PM
My favourite Friday film is number 6.

I thought i was the only one !! :D Welcome to the party pal !!:sneaky:

RustyHicks
12-Jul-2007, 10:07 PM
I thought the first Mummy was the best.
With the exception of Aliens and T2,
other sequels just fade out or fall flat
on their faces.
I'm a Halloween and Nightmare on elm street
fan myself.
I could never really get into the Friday 13th series.

darth los
12-Jul-2007, 10:16 PM
I could never really get into the Friday 13th series.

I'm not singling you out but alot of people don't understand that series. They don't realize that jason wasn't even the killer in the first one or the mythology behind his character. It's good stuff, i just think it could have been done much better. Part 6 is the only one that doesn't feel like a c movie.

Yorkie
13-Jul-2007, 06:51 PM
I love the Mummy films and Scorpion King I am a sucker for that sort of stuff so also love Indiana Jones, and other films on that sort of theme like National Treasure.

And also Brandon Fraiser is always watchable :D

MissJacksonCA
13-Jul-2007, 06:53 PM
lol... its crazy how chunky brendan got with age... I really liked his movie with Liz Hurley though I can't recall the name... where he kept wishing for things and always got screwed!

Indiana Jones are classic movies... you should check out Sahara with Matthew McCounehey and Steve Zahn based on Clive Cusslers Dirk Pitt novels... SZ rules and the story is a little hokey but its a fun movie... and its kid friendly i'd say

Yorkie
13-Jul-2007, 06:59 PM
lol... its crazy how chunky brendan got with age... I really liked his movie with Liz Hurley though I can't recall the name... where he kept wishing for things and always got screwed!

Indiana Jones are classic movies... you should check out Sahara with Matthew McCounehey and Steve Zahn based on Clive Cusslers Dirk Pitt novels... SZ rules and the story is a little hokey but its a fun movie... and its kid friendly i'd say

It was Bedazzled the film you are thinking of, and yeah good film :D

Not seen Sahara so might have to take a look at that one.

MissJacksonCA
13-Jul-2007, 07:00 PM
Indeed Bedazzled is the one! Super fun flick. Though you have to take my movie opinions with a grain of salt I could be the one person on earth who enjoyed The Cable Guy.

darth los
13-Jul-2007, 07:06 PM
I could be the one person on earth who enjoyed The Cable Guy.

:stunned: :stunned: :hurl:

MissJacksonCA
13-Jul-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm actually notorious for picking bad movies... like my boyfriend made me agree its one of my movies for two of his... but thats okay... watching a bad movie makes you appreciate life more because after you're done with it you're left going... man... I just wasted two hours of my life ... and then I get all productive... so ya see kiddies... its all about um... bad movies are worth watching because they make you more productive!

darth los
13-Jul-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm actually notorious for picking bad movies... like my boyfriend made me agree its one of my movies for two of his... but thats okay... watching a bad movie makes you appreciate life more because after you're done with it you're left going... man... I just wasted two hours of my life ... and then I get all productive... so ya see kiddies... its all about um... bad movies are worth watching because they make you more productive!

You just defend your positions to the end , huh? :lol: You should be a republican.

MissJacksonCA
13-Jul-2007, 07:19 PM
Why be a republican when I can be a woman :)

darth los
13-Jul-2007, 07:25 PM
Why be a republican when I can be a woman :)

That's true. The stubborness is virtually indistinguishable.

MissJacksonCA
13-Jul-2007, 07:26 PM
go down fighting anything less is unladylike

EvilNed
13-Jul-2007, 08:16 PM
I thought i was the only one !! :D Welcome to the party pal !!:sneaky:

Jason Lives is proper entertainment!

Yorkie
14-Jul-2007, 01:27 AM
Indeed Bedazzled is the one! Super fun flick. Though you have to take my movie opinions with a grain of salt I could be the one person on earth who enjoyed The Cable Guy.

I can honestly say that I have never seen The Cable Guy, seen ads for it and doesn't look like my cup of tea at all.

Have you ever done that where you sit through most of a film that you think you have never seen only to get near the end and realise you hve seen it and it was ****! I have :lol: My memory really really sucks!

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 02:12 AM
I can honestly say that I have never seen The Cable Guy, seen ads for it and doesn't look like my cup of tea at all.

Have you ever done that where you sit through most of a film that you think you have never seen only to get near the end and realise you hve seen it and it was ****! I have :lol: My memory really really sucks!

It has but i usually realize it early on.

MissJacksonCA
14-Jul-2007, 12:37 PM
Another adventure movie you might enjoy with your girls Yorkie is Adventures in Babysitting... its so cute.

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 03:31 PM
Another adventure movie you might enjoy with your girls Yorkie is Adventures in Babysitting... its so cute.

Elizabeth shue is so hot!! especially thlate 80's early 90's model. You don't even need kids to enjoy that movie. I think it stands up well for adults as well. It's One of my fav movies from the 80's.:thumbsup:

MissJacksonCA
14-Jul-2007, 03:43 PM
I watched it a day or two ago... it is an adults movie! But a personal fav of mine from when I was a youngin as well... Totally reminded me of my babysitter twins who always took us to the mall and places we technically weren't supposed to go. And of course the humor in the film is great. That whole stray dog thing... classic.