PDA

View Full Version : Oh Jesus... the ignorance lives on...

MissJacksonCA
09-Jul-2007, 12:14 PM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/hiv-positive-toddler-banned-from-pool/20070708152909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

This is riddick!

Neil
09-Jul-2007, 12:33 PM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/hiv-positive-toddler-banned-from-pool/20070708152909990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

This is riddick!

Well, to be frank I wasn't sure about it... If he bled in the pool and you intook it orally, I wasn't sure about the risks in that...

MissJacksonCA
09-Jul-2007, 12:36 PM
I thought about that too and plus children often have cuts and scrapes but then consider the amount of water thats in a pool... add to that the level of chlorine that would be in there and I cant imagine a threat would continue to exist. And even still... not allowing him to use the shower? What's next forcing anyone with AIDS to use a seperate toilet too?

Neil
09-Jul-2007, 01:06 PM
What's next forcing anyone with AIDS to use a seperate toilet too?

Well, I wouldn't be that bad... But until I read about there being no risk with HIV blood in a pool, I wasn't sure... I'd still be careful not to swallow though!

MissJacksonCA
09-Jul-2007, 01:07 PM
Do you often have a tendency to drink water out of a swimming pool Neil? Because if so I would be more concerned about the amount of child urine makes its way into my body lol

Tricky
09-Jul-2007, 05:36 PM
I wouldnt like to think i was sharing a pool with a HIV positive person,i know its not the kids fault,but my OCD would kick in big time & even though the rational side of me knows its pretty difficult to catch,the irrational OCD side would send me into anxiety mode & you wouldnt get me near the pool!

fartpants
09-Jul-2007, 05:36 PM
experts claim that the average public pool contains 15% urine

Danny
09-Jul-2007, 05:48 PM
once i was swimming and a cloud of diahhrea floated past me in the water, i got the hell out, told one of the spotty "life guards" who just shruged and said "what do youe xpect me to do about it?".
so needless to say i grabbed my freinds, got the hell outta there and never whent bakc AND THAT WAS MY HIGH SCHOOL SWIMMING POOL!:eek:

flyboy
09-Jul-2007, 08:46 PM

This is riddick!

it bloody well is.i just told my mum and she went mad saying he is only a little boy he dosent know whats going on.true.:mad:

darth los
09-Jul-2007, 09:05 PM
experts claim that the average public pool contains 15% urine

I provided about %8 of that. :elol:

Chic Freak
09-Jul-2007, 10:40 PM
You can't catch HIV from a swimming pool :/ The virus is very fragile outside of the human body, which is why it must be transmitted intravenously, either through:

* penetrative sex
* sharing heroin needles
* blood transfusion with infected blood

On the other hand

Silvia casually mentioned the boy was HIV-positive to a desk clerk.

How did that "casually" come up in conversation??

darth los
09-Jul-2007, 11:21 PM
I wouldnt like to think i was sharing a pool with a HIV positive person,i know its not the kids fault,but my OCD would kick in big time & even though the rational side of me knows its pretty difficult to catch,the irrational OCD side would send me into anxiety mode & you wouldnt get me near the pool!

Iwouldn't mind hanging out with someone who was hiv positive. But i bet you're like me and would keep your distance. Just imagine you're laughing and having a good time and a piece of their spittle flies in your eye. Think you could stay composed? I'd freak the hell out honestly. :eek: I know that's not the pc thing to say but i'd rather be honest than a lying hypocrtie.

RustyHicks
09-Jul-2007, 11:43 PM
Apprently, from what I have heard long ago, that once the blood, carrying
the virus hits the air, it dies.
It's a shame we haven't grown up in that last twenty years or so
since this virus shocked the nation.

MissJacksonCA
10-Jul-2007, 04:20 AM
One of my old friends had a HIV positive roomie... when I first met him I didn't know because its not the kinda thing you bandy about ... like Hey what's up i'm HIV positive just a warning so you dont accidentally like me... I dont think they said anything to me until like I knew him for a few months... and to be honest it made no difference to me. People can live long happy lives with HIV provided they take certain precautions and heed medical advice. Frankly i'm more scared by the threat of breast cancer and ovarian cancer. Even skin cancer. But the fact remains... what those people did to that little boy is obscenely ignorant in nature and only further fuels the ignorance of the nation.

coma
10-Jul-2007, 04:55 AM
Hangin out with someone who is HIV positive is like hanging out with anyone else. Its not the differences you think about. Besides that spittle thing was disproved in the 80s and that just sounds delusional now. Sorry dude, but that ia WAAAY out of date.
If someone had any disease, do you really care other than for their safety? If you're not going to have nasty anal or share a needle you have nothing to worry about.

Silvia casually mentioned the boy was HIV-positive to a desk clerk.

How did that "casually" come up in conversation??
Thats just weird. The kid has a right to privacy too