PDA

View Full Version : People are just plain scary and mad!

Neil
09-Jul-2007, 12:50 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/6284184.stm

MikePizzoff
09-Jul-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally the trio were charged with murder but the charge was dropped after experts ruled it was impossible to say whether Mr Davies' epilepsy could have contributed to his death.

They should still be charged with murder because, even if it was epilepsy that killed him, he would have lived if he weren't locked in a farking shed!!!

darth los
09-Jul-2007, 04:47 PM
I didn't know that we still lived in the dark ages. They probably thought he was possesed by the devil or something. Idiots.

fartpants
09-Jul-2007, 05:32 PM
people just enjoy inflicting pain and suffering on other people, its been like that since we evolved and unfortunately i dont think we will ever change, its inbuilt in all of us , some can fight the urge but some just give in to it...

Danny
09-Jul-2007, 05:46 PM
yeah some people forget were animals to,, and probably the most temperamental species of animal on this planet, we will kill or own kind without any need for arguments over territory or the like, some of our kind even do it jsut for the fun of it, from an alien point of view homo sapiens are ****ing terrifying for a speices.
that said , we are the only species on the planet to have morals and society, so yo gotta have a balance (this is starting to sound like logans speech in day). sure we are animals but, no other animal sings and writes stories ect. so whilst you have the pyscho killers youve also got the people that are, well, for lack of a better word, human.

Chic Freak
09-Jul-2007, 06:03 PM
Aye. A behaviour being deemed "natural" is no excuse for carrying it out, because as humans we have the ability to think about our actions and choose whether or not to carry them out or not. Otherwise we'd all be humping the furniture and throwing our poo at each other.

darth los
09-Jul-2007, 08:48 PM
its been like that since we evolved

That's assuming we evolved at all. Just because we have technology now doesn't mean that we're not virtually identical to the humans who came down from the trees and emerged from caves 40,000 years ago.

RustyHicks
09-Jul-2007, 11:52 PM
It's too sick what some people do to each other
and the kick they get from doing it.
They knew what the hell they were doing to that
guy, why shouldn't they pay the full price.
One thing seperates us from the animals,
we have a conscious, a moral sense of what
is right and wrong. People abuse that sense and
expect to get away with it.

GhostWolf
10-Jul-2007, 12:25 AM
Regardless of whether or not the man's epilepsy contributed to his death, ten years seems real damn short.

Cody
10-Jul-2007, 01:06 AM
If I ran a country depending on the murder you would be hung or inprisoned for the rest of your life. none of that parole crap.

darth los
10-Jul-2007, 01:19 AM
If I ran a country depending on the murder you would be hung or inprisoned for the rest of your life. none of that parole crap.

CODY FOR PRESIDENT !!! :D

AcesandEights
10-Jul-2007, 03:34 AM

I don't know. Crimes of passion and all that. A man heatedly killing a guy he walked in on having sex with his wife. A father murdering a paedophile. These sorts of things should be punished but life in prison or executions? I don't think so.

darth los
10-Jul-2007, 03:38 AM
I don't know. Crimes of passion and all that. A man heatedly killing a guy he walked in on having sex with his wife. A father murdering a paedophile. These sorts of things should be punished but life in prison or executions? I don't think so.

That's a good point. If someone did something to my son they'd be dead. I don't think that there's a jury out there with a couple of parents on it that would convict me either.

Cody
10-Jul-2007, 04:13 AM
1. your a father?

2. If I ran a country you wouldnt be hung for killing pedophiles...etc. If you tortured someone or the murder was brutal, pre meditated I guess also. A life sentance would be for on the spot things such as you guys mentioned.

3. love cody.

MissJacksonCA
10-Jul-2007, 04:57 AM
That makes me mad but not as upsetting as the case of a young woman who was kept prisoner for 7 years.

Neil
10-Jul-2007, 09:05 AM
I don't know. Crimes of passion and all that. A man heatedly killing a guy he walked in on having sex with his wife.

I always love this analogy... Like somehow the woman had no input into the situation they were discovered in :)

Surely it's the wife's fault more than the 'other guy'....

AcesandEights
10-Jul-2007, 09:13 AM
I always love this analogy... Like somehow the woman had no input into the situation they were discovered in :)

It's not an argument, just a trend I have seen. There are times when it happens the other way, or violence is perpetrated upon both parties. but that's not the point I was bringing up. I think, however, Western society is more sympathetic when violence is done in the heat of the moment and, even more so, when it is confined to the male offender in such a case.

MissJacksonCA
10-Jul-2007, 09:14 AM
What if the person killed the wife AND the wifes lover? I'm sure thats happened before...

I really enjoyed the story of vigilante justice where two men were charged with endangering the lives of firefighters and with arson for burning down a home in their area that was being used by crack dealers. Their defense attorneys actually cited that it was self defense... not against the drug dealers but against the house because the house itself posed a threat to the safety of the people in the neighborhood.

AcesandEights
10-Jul-2007, 09:26 AM
Vigilantism is, and should be, against the law, though there are circumstances where many…perhaps even most…people would perpetrate such an act. My original point is that I believe all crimes are different and don’t think a narrow band of blanket sentences makes sense.

Tricky
10-Jul-2007, 05:34 PM
Scum like them should be put away for life meaning life,or just executed,apparently all 3 of them used to beat the crap out of him daily & pour acid on him & stuff like that!he must have been quite a weak guy to start with if he let them do it to him though,if someone tried to lock me in a shed like that i would put up one hell of a fight & if they actually got me in the shed it wouldnt have a door on it for long...

bassman
10-Jul-2007, 05:41 PM
What's the big deal? Doesn't everyone hold a man against his will in their shed and, burn, beat, and torture him? Seems normal to me. I don't see how you could be caught, either. Just a normal day in the life....

:hurl:

capncnut
10-Jul-2007, 10:32 PM
I read this today and felt sickened. 10 years in a cell is not a fitting punishment for murder. :dead:

RustyHicks
11-Jul-2007, 12:20 AM
Yep Capn, they're laughing about it I bet.
Who's to say who they'll attack next,
hell they got away with it once before,
in their mind they could get away with it
again. I think we do need to vote Cody in
and seriously clean up the justice system in
some areas. Some people are getting away
with just too damn much

Terran
11-Jul-2007, 02:00 AM
Some people are getting away
with just too damn much

And others are getting crushed with too much....

MissJacksonCA
11-Jul-2007, 04:29 AM
I'm wondering if these people would be so sadistic alone of if being together brought out the worst in each of them.

darth los
13-Jul-2007, 08:31 PM

To tell you the truth if i didn't know the guy i'd tell him to get the fook out of my house and deal with the woman. She knew what she was doing was wrong.

MissJacksonCA
14-Jul-2007, 12:42 PM
Or you could kick the wife and her lover out of the house and see how he likes living with her. Heck she might even drive him so crazy he'd kill 'er for you.

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 03:12 PM
Or you could kick the wife and her lover out of the house and see how he likes living with her. Heck she might even drive him so crazy he'd kill 'er for you.

There's an idea. What if it's her house tho?

MissJacksonCA
14-Jul-2007, 03:39 PM
The odds are in favor of the house being theirs or his more likely than it being hers... if for no other reason simply because only a housewife would be stupid enough to get caught in the act at her home... a business woman with money would surely be much more intelligent and underhanded in her dirty dealings to prevent being caught by her spouse of convenience