PDA

View Full Version : OMFG I always wanted to do this!

MissJacksonCA
11-Jul-2007, 04:45 AM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/following-his-hero-man-takes-to-skies/20070710095809990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

capncnut
11-Jul-2007, 04:56 PM
That is very, very cool! Just tie a bunch of balloons to the deckchair and off you go, waving to the family below you. :lol:

bassman
11-Jul-2007, 05:03 PM
That must have been quite the mind f*ck for that airline pilot.

"Air traffic control, we're descending to 12........WTF? Theres a guy flying a lawn chair!"

darth los
11-Jul-2007, 05:24 PM
I saw them debunk this on mythbusters once. Gee, I guess everything you see on tv is not true. :confused:

MissJacksonCA
11-Jul-2007, 05:28 PM
King of the Hill did a funny rendition of this idea... sending Bill up on a lawnchair with a cooler full of beer... Gribble said he should pat his stomach if he goes too high up into the atmosphere rather than suffer hypoxia and he'd shoot him... too bad the lawn chair wasn't stable and Dales aim sucked ass... he wound up dangling and being dragged halfway across town... prolly the closest thing that would have happened in reality in my mind until I saw this story...

I still see someone dying from trying this in the next week or so

darth los
11-Jul-2007, 05:59 PM
Oh it's definitely going to spark a epidemic of copycats. Followed by a rash of lawsuits of course. It's the american way you know.

MissJacksonCA
11-Jul-2007, 06:04 PM
When I think of my homeland I laugh because I find its a country full of bigots, idiots, and debts. Its like we're just some expirament in self destruction or something. The stupidity of people here knows no limit and its contagious and spreading faster than a zombie plague.

darth los
11-Jul-2007, 06:12 PM
When I think of my homeland I laugh because I find its a country full of bigots, idiots, and debts. Its like we're just some expirament in self destruction or something. The stupidity of people here knows no limit and its contagious and spreading faster than a zombie plague.

And the thing of it is, epecially among our youth, it's cool to be dumb. Anyone with half a brain is considered a dork and thus ostricized. Our future looks very bleek indeed. While our kids a rotting their brains with american idol, paris hilton, i pods and their my space accounts, indian and asian kids are getting degrees in mathmatics, engineering, science and medicine. Who's future do you think looks brighter?

Cody
11-Jul-2007, 07:34 PM
I wanna do that too....:(..hey it could be cheap to do though

darth los
11-Jul-2007, 11:08 PM
I wanna do that too....:(..hey it could be cheap to do though

If it doesn't work for you , you can always make that cool high pitched voice from the gas in the balloons. It's a win-win dude!! :D

MikePizzoff
12-Jul-2007, 12:10 AM
I would be terrified of doing that. The guy's brave. It's amazing that 2 miles up he could still hear cows moo'ing and kids playing. Funny about the gunshots he heard making him nervous. :lol: Guess I'd shiv a brick, too, if I was being held up by balloons and heard gunshots.

darth los
12-Jul-2007, 12:23 AM
I would be terrified of doing that. The guy's brave. It's amazing that 2 miles up he could still hear cows moo'ing and kids playing. Funny about the gunshots he heard making him nervous. :lol: Guess I'd shiv a brick, too, if I was being held up by balloons and heard gunshots.

:lol: :lol:

I think he was able to hear that so far away because the air is thinner up there and there are no obstacles in the way to bounce off of before the sound can get to him. Also, i doubt there was alot of backround noise.

Cody
12-Jul-2007, 12:23 AM
^^ no doubt lol