PDA

View Full Version : The Burbs...

MissJacksonCA
11-Jul-2007, 04:53 AM
Anyone else totally love this movie?

Terran
11-Jul-2007, 04:54 AM
Yeah its alright......nothing that special about it.....but entertaining...

darth los
11-Jul-2007, 04:59 AM
I classify it as one of the films in the "dark ages" for tom hanks. He started his career brilliantly went through a crappy peroid with that film, big and turner and hooch and then went on to become one of the greatest actors in history, winning back to back oscars for best actor. That's a feat only accomplished once before if i'm not mistaken. But take what you want from that. There's something seriously wrong with that selection process when Jaime foxx has a best actor oscar and leonardo DiCaprio doesn't.

Danny
11-Jul-2007, 04:59 AM
^ what he said (neil we need a meh wavering hand smiley)

darth los
11-Jul-2007, 05:02 AM
^ what he said (neil we need a meh wavering hand smiley)

It would be nice to have some new smiley's. Any other sugestions?

MissJacksonCA
11-Jul-2007, 05:04 AM
yeah the cat one from the chatroom where the ears wiggle... we need that here

:hurl: :annoyed: :thumbsup:

:hurl: my favorite...

acealive1
11-Jul-2007, 05:15 AM
i was so young when i saw it. i couldnt follow it

bassman
11-Jul-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah I love "the burbs". How can you not? Tom Hanks at the top of his comedic game, Corey Feldman, Rick Ducommun. One of the great comedies of the eighties.

MissJacksonCA
11-Jul-2007, 02:24 PM
You forgot about how fantabulous Bruce Dern was in the movie! That whole Walter trained his dog to poop in his yard... priceless! Especially when its time to spy on the neighbors... how funny was that whole scene... him up there on his roof snacking on some cookies lawnchair, binoculors and all... who hasn't been there? And similarly who hasn't fallen off their roof a time or two lol...

There's just no part of that movie I didn't totally love!