PDA

View Full Version : Romero's Tales from the Darkside

BUTCHYPIE
11-Jul-2007, 02:05 PM
One of George Romero's Tales from the Darkside episodes is playing right now (10 a.m. EST) on SciFi Network -- they're having a marathon.

UPDATE:

The current episode is "Baker's Dozen." Romero is given writing credit on this one.

According to IMDB, here's Mr. Romero's contribution to TFtDS:

"Tales from the Darkside" (10 episodes)

1. Trick or Treat (Pilot) (29 October 1983) - Writer (writer)
2. The New Man (30 September 1984) - Executive Producer
3. Bigalow's Last Smoke (9 June 1985) - Executive Producer
4. The Devil's Advocate (10 November 1985) - Writer (writer), Executive Producer
5. Printer's Devil (2 February 1986) - Executive Producer
6. The Old Soft Shoe (16 February 1986) - Executive Producer
7. The Circus (28 September 1986) - Writer (teleplay)
8. Mary, Mary (4 October 1987) - Executive Producer
9. Sorry, Right Number (22 November 1987) - Executive Producer
10. Do Not Open This Box (15 May 1988) - Executive Producer

The only other episode playing today on SciFi is "Sorry, Right Number" at 12PM EST.

Purge
11-Jul-2007, 02:07 PM
Yeah, SciFi's been doing that a lot lately. Good to see them, too--bring back lots of good memories.

MissJacksonCA
11-Jul-2007, 02:57 PM
I was watching that today! Really liked the episode about a serpants tooth and how of course it eventually bit the woman who was using it in the ol keyhide! Some of the shows suck I'll be the first to say that they're a bit hokey at times but they remind me kinda of the times in my childhood when i'd sneak into the tv room and watch 'em...

I wonder if they're on dvd... hmm...

Trancelikestate
11-Jul-2007, 03:07 PM
if i remember correctly lori cardile is in an episode. i also love in the tales from the darkside movie theres a part where homeboy is passed out on the couch watching dawn. :)

MissJacksonCA
11-Jul-2007, 03:10 PM
she's in the one titled Florence Bravo... but its not going to be one of the ones on today...

Trancelikestate
11-Jul-2007, 03:13 PM
i dont get sci fi anyway. STUPID COMCAST! i'm really thinking of just getting it disconnected, and watching everything i want to on the net.

BUTCHYPIE
11-Jul-2007, 03:52 PM
Just saw a funny Romero allusion.

In the episode "Love Hungry" - about :45 in, the protagonist is watching an old horror movie on her tiny black & white TV, "Night of the Eating Dead" -- some pretty cool zombie action for about :15. I don't remember seeing THIS on TV as a kid!

Not recommending the rest of the show, unless you're getting off on the nostalgia thing, like some of us.

If you want to see the clip, the entire ep is posted on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvtn4_PfYV0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvtn4_PfYV0)

AND just saw the "kill him with a screwdriver to the ear" scene from DotD in "Sorry, Right Number," which was written by Steven King.

Lot's of interesting nuggets in these bad teleplays from yesteryear.

This started out in "General Discussion," because I didn't know so many zombie things would be popping up.