PDA

View Full Version : The Films of George Romero on Reelz channel

JohnoftheDead
11-Jul-2007, 02:15 PM
Has anyone seen this episode? I just recently got a Directv package which included the Reelz channel & was wondering if anyone has seen it. I saw the one about the films of John Carpenter which was pretty interesting so I'm pretty curious about the GAR episode.

bassman
11-Jul-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I've seen it several times. It's kind of interesting, I guess. Most of it was stuff that a fan would already know.

darth los
11-Jul-2007, 05:12 PM
I don't even think we get that channel where i live. Bassman is right though a true fan probably wouldn't be suprised by anything that was in it. Still i never get tired of hearing his take on the dead films. Sometimes i agree with him and sometimes i don't. I know it's funny me disagreeing with the man who invented it but it's like art, everybody has their own interpretations.

axlish
11-Jul-2007, 09:28 PM
I am assuming this is the same documentary that was aired on Encore around 2000, and was ammended and added on to the Season of the Witch/ There's Always Vanilla DVD?

bassman
11-Jul-2007, 10:09 PM
I am assuming this is the same documentary that was aired on Encore around 2000, and was ammended and added on to the Season of the Witch/ There's Always Vanilla DVD?

Yeah.....the show is called "The Directors" and the Reelz channel airs it frequently. In fact.....they air them so often that I believe I've seen all of them at this point...

JohnoftheDead
12-Jul-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah.....the show is called "The Directors" and the Reelz channel airs it frequently. In fact.....they air them so often that I believe I've seen all of them at this point...

So this is the same one that's on my Season of the Witch DVD?

bassman
12-Jul-2007, 12:08 PM
So this is the same one that's on my Season of the Witch DVD?

I don't have the "Season of the Witch" dvd so I don't know.