PDA

View Full Version : The game I've been writing for the last year will be announced today!

PJoseph
11-Jul-2007, 05:07 PM
Let's see if anyone figures out what it is!

A hint - it's part of a big franchise.

pJ

bassman
11-Jul-2007, 05:16 PM
Why not just tell us the name?:rockbrow:

Danny
11-Jul-2007, 05:31 PM
halo 3 or smash bro.s brawl is my guess.

PJoseph
11-Jul-2007, 05:39 PM
I can't say because it's one of the surprise titles - although I suppose it's been rumored.

pJ

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2007, 05:42 PM
*racks brains ... brains fall out leaving no answers*

Dangit! :eek:

capncnut
11-Jul-2007, 05:51 PM
Shenmue motherf**kin' 3???

(Erm, what dickhead here keeps enabling/disabling capital letters?)

Danny
11-Jul-2007, 06:04 PM
I can't say because it's one of the surprise titles - although I suppose it's been rumored.

pJ

wait. so your asking us to guess somethign btu wont tell us if we guess it right?:rockbrow:

PJoseph
11-Jul-2007, 06:07 PM
It's more of a "hey, I'll be announcing it soon, so watch out" as I can't say anything until it's officially announced and I don't know what time that will be.

I thought I would just give you the heads up because I'm really excited about it.

pJ

Here's a little updated hint for you -

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/11/konami-sends-mysterious-e3-poem/

pJ

capncnut
11-Jul-2007, 06:14 PM
Erm, Metal Gear Solid 4 has already been announced...

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm still none-the-wiser. Either I'm a moron or PJ is one cryptic mutha...I vote for the latter. :D

capncnut
11-Jul-2007, 06:21 PM
It's obviously Metal Gear 4 on the 360, or if the hint was developer related only then who knows... Silent Hill 5? (can hear Hellz spurt all the way from London :D)

If it's MGS4 then it's not exactly hot news 'cos some guy from Konami accidentally let it slip that it was coming to the 360 about half a year ago.

PJoseph
11-Jul-2007, 06:26 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4 was already announced.

pJ

capncnut
11-Jul-2007, 06:28 PM
So it aint MGS4 and it's not announced. Right lads, Konami thinking caps on...

PJoseph
11-Jul-2007, 06:31 PM
Or you can wait six hours :)

pJ

capncnut
11-Jul-2007, 06:35 PM
Or you can wait six hours :)
Hey, you're the one who asked us to figure it out! I'll be drunk/asleep in six hours... :D

PJoseph
11-Jul-2007, 06:37 PM
I suppose I did! Maybe I just like cause trouble!!! Actually, I didn't know they would wait until the end of the day, but what can you do.

Okay, that's all I got for you now.

pJ

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2007, 07:03 PM
Ah mate, gonna have to wait till tomorrow morning now when I've woken up, dangit! :rolleyes::p

Cody
11-Jul-2007, 07:47 PM
I Want To Know Too!!!

darth los
11-Jul-2007, 10:34 PM
With all this build up it better be something good.

mista_mo
11-Jul-2007, 11:46 PM
Watch it be a new pokemon game or something liee dat.

MikePizzoff
12-Jul-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm going to say either Silent Hill or Castlevania.

darth los
12-Jul-2007, 12:18 AM
Watch it be a new pokemon game or something liee dat.

LMFAO!! :lol: :lol:

PJoseph
12-Jul-2007, 12:29 AM
Definitely NOT Pokeman. :)

pJ

mista_mo
12-Jul-2007, 12:50 AM
i dunno...

maybe digimon or harry potter.

one of the 3.

PJoseph
12-Jul-2007, 01:14 AM
Not one of those either. It was just announced.

pJ

CoinReturn
12-Jul-2007, 01:38 AM
Silent Hill 5?

darth los
12-Jul-2007, 01:41 AM
With all due respect this is getting silly. Why don't you just tell us or atleast let us know where we can find it since it's already been announced?

PJoseph
12-Jul-2007, 01:42 AM
That is the one!

pJ

MikePizzoff
12-Jul-2007, 01:42 AM
WTF? The only news on Konami's site from tonight is that they showed the Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer at E3 today. This game has been announced forever. Have they just not updated yet or is this the game you were talking about?

EDIT: Found it. Silent Hill V!!!

darth los
12-Jul-2007, 01:48 AM
WTF? The only news on Konami's site from tonight is that they showed the Metal Gear Solid 4 trailer at E3 today. This game has been announced forever. Have they just not updated yet or is this the game you were talking about?

EDIT: Found it. Silent Hill V!!!

Dude stop playing!! Where the hell is it !?!

PJoseph
12-Jul-2007, 01:59 AM
The teaser doesn't show anything. (Hey, I got nothing to do with promotions!) But I can tell you that the game is going to be sweet. Pretty freaking crazy $hit.

pJ

mista_mo
12-Jul-2007, 02:00 AM
4 sucked cock.

darth los
12-Jul-2007, 02:02 AM
4 sucked cock.

it was the worst in the series imo. Some people swear by it though.

mista_mo
12-Jul-2007, 02:03 AM
2 was my fav. 1 i never played, 3 was okay (scary as ****) and 4 was just...dull..and the ghosts...goddamn i hated those.

PJoseph
12-Jul-2007, 02:10 AM
I've become very familiar with all of them!

pj

Danny
12-Jul-2007, 02:22 AM
*drops to the floor, foams at mouth and is found in the same spot the next morning by family waking up*

PLUS- *after a time delay capn goes to grab some milk out the fridge adn drops it when he hears the sound of someone spitting there dr.pepper on there pc screen*:lol:

-anyone for screenshots? http://www.shacknews.com/screenshots.x?gallery=7796&game_id=4452&id=101234

MikePizzoff
12-Jul-2007, 02:51 AM
PJ - Hook us up with the teaser!!!

Danny
12-Jul-2007, 03:04 AM
pFGl-t2iiMo

darth los
12-Jul-2007, 03:29 AM
pFGl-t2iiMo

WOW !! that told me absolutely nothing.

Danny
12-Jul-2007, 03:38 AM
wait, writing for, not waiting for?

damn man, really?, woking with akira yamoaka would rock, hes my favourite composer, in music in general not just games.

MikePizzoff
12-Jul-2007, 03:55 AM
Here's a far better trailer... this one actually gave me the chills...

oMw5D5wi_a0

mista_mo
12-Jul-2007, 03:58 AM
like usual, that as one of the most screwed up things i have ever seen...thats why i like silent hill so much tho :)

PJoseph
12-Jul-2007, 04:12 AM
Regarding the teaser - yes, it's not very revealing. The EGM coming out in a few months will shed some more light on the game.

If you want to read some official press release from Konami, here it is!

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070711005944&newsLang=en

pJ

darth los
12-Jul-2007, 04:44 AM
Here's a far better trailer... this one actually gave me the chills...

oMw5D5wi_a0

That was much better, thanks. :) It was dark and disturbing. PERFECT !!:D

Danny
12-Jul-2007, 04:51 AM
sorry to burst your bubble guys but thats a trailer for the machinima series "silent hill: no escape" which was done by a member of the silent hill forum, it started around 2003 ,dont know if its still going but its some dudes machinima animtion, which while good is nowere near 360 standards.
im gueesing you saw the same youtube link that someone labeld it silent hill 5 too huh?

mista_mo
12-Jul-2007, 04:56 AM
wats machinima?

MikePizzoff
12-Jul-2007, 05:11 AM
sorry to burst your bubble guys but thats a trailer for the machinima series "silent hill: no escape" which was done by a member of the silent hill forum, it started around 2003 ,dont know if its still going but its some dudes machinima animtion, which while good is nowere near 360 standards.
im gueesing you saw the same youtube link that someone labeld it silent hill 5 too huh?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (shots of house, city, mountains, planet earth, the universe with my scream echoing.)

Danny
12-Jul-2007, 05:23 AM
wats machinima?

animation done using only a machine, think red vs blue.

mista_mo
12-Jul-2007, 05:35 AM
red vs blue is that halo thing right?

Danny
12-Jul-2007, 05:38 AM
yes, and before mz says it "google is your freind".

- but id like to put a little tweest on that (but not in the "google is actually a metaphor for purgatory" shamaylan way), that WIKIPEDIA is your freind;)

mista_mo
12-Jul-2007, 05:40 AM
no...

super saiyen vegeta is my friend...

i saw some of the eps before and they were pretty damn good...specially the one about the halo 3 beta heh

MinionZombie
12-Jul-2007, 10:33 AM
Damn PJ, excellent stuff!

I've never been a Silent Hill person myself, but I don't really like playing survival horror games, I just don't dig the playing style, but I appreciate them. So two thumbs fresh for PJ! :) :thumbsup:

capncnut
12-Jul-2007, 05:34 PM
I gotta be honest, that trailer was crap. In fact, it's not even a trailer because it gives nothing away.

But I'm still looking forward to Silent Hill 5. The screenshots on the other page look red hot and it's gonna be cool to finally play the first official 'next gen' (or current gen) installment of the series.

Keep us updated PJ. :cool:

darth los
12-Jul-2007, 06:24 PM
Damn PJ, excellent stuff!

playing survival horror games

DON'T LET HELLS HEAR YOU SAY THAT !!! :eek: :lol:

Danny
13-Jul-2007, 12:16 AM
aye im shaking my head ini dissapointment.:skull:

MinionZombie
13-Jul-2007, 02:44 PM
aye im shaking my head ini dissapointment.:skull:
Isn't that what that sort of game is called though? What would you call it otherwise? :rockbrow:

The aim is to survive some horror...survival horror. :lol::p

darth los
13-Jul-2007, 04:29 PM
Isn't that what that sort of game is called though? What would you call it otherwise? :rockbrow:

The aim is to survive some horror...survival horror. :lol::p

He likes to call it "psychological horror." :D Yes there's aparently a diference which he has detailed in the silent hill to psp thread.

MinionZombie
13-Jul-2007, 09:33 PM
So what would hellsing class as "survival horror", what sort of - to him - game would that be? :confused:

darth los
13-Jul-2007, 09:59 PM
So what would hellsing class as "survival horror", what sort of - to him - game would that be? :confused:

I guess you'll have to ask him about that one but i'd guess that resident evil would qualify.

MinionZombie
13-Jul-2007, 10:11 PM
Well if Resident Evil qualifies, then surely Silent Hill does?! :lol:

It's the same style of game, regardless of psychological impact.

*senses hellsing stomping in after spoodging over Guitar Hero 3 deets online ... scurries off behind a sofa* :lol:

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 01:18 AM
Don't know if these details have been posted before or if you guys have seen this already.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/677541/More_Silent_Hill_5_Details.html

Danny
14-Jul-2007, 01:21 AM
Well if Resident Evil qualifies, then surely Silent Hill does?! :lol:

It's the same style of game, regardless of psychological impact.

*senses hellsing stomping in after spoodging over Guitar Hero 3 deets online ... scurries off behind a sofa* :lol:

actually ive been spoogin' over elite beat agents today, standing with a group of download lovin' folks and playing a rythm game that includes, sk8ter boi, y.m.c.a and material girl gets you funny looks but its almsot as addictive as guitar hero 2.

...almost.

and there both survival horror, ones pyschological, ones action.
i was shakin' my ehad at the fact you dont play em.

thats just wrong.

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 01:24 AM
and there both survival horror, ones pyschological, ones action.
i was shakin' my ehad at the fact you dont play em.

thats just wrong.

At last !! We agree on something in this thread !! :thumbsup: I too find it odd that someone who loves zombies and gore so much hasn't indulged themselves in 2 of the best franchises around whenit comes to things like that.

Danny
14-Jul-2007, 01:25 AM
hence the bobblehead-shakyness.

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 01:38 AM
hence the bobblehead-shakyness.

Damn you brits.:mad: Only you guys get to use words like hence and still sound fooking cool. :thumbsup:

Danny
14-Jul-2007, 01:48 AM
that we do, a few others i prefer are:

bollox
bloody hell fire
****in' nora
"tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm"
and "it shat me right up"
oh and bugger, thats a general all purpose curseword though.;)

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 02:04 AM
that we do, a few others i prefer are:

bollox
bloody hell fire
****in' nora
"tight as a camels arse in a sandstorm"
and "it shat me right up"
oh and bugger, thats a general all purpose curseword though.;)

What does bollox mean anyway? I have an idea but i heard it used a ton in v for vendetta.

Danny
14-Jul-2007, 02:36 AM
balls
nuts
cajone's
the ole' tenis ball/tubesock combo

TESTICLES!:lol:

MinionZombie
14-Jul-2007, 10:31 AM
I don't play survival horror games as I don't dig their physical construction, the camera position is annoying, running up and down pre-set-camera-angled corridors, meh.

I've played some Resi in my time, just not my sort of game, purely down to style, rather than content. I played about half of Cold Fear, I just had to keep him locked in over-the-shoulder-gun-mode to navigate around, anything else was piss-annoying.

Gimme third or first person - that's what I want! :cool:

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 02:48 PM
I don't play survival horror games as I don't dig their physical construction, the camera position is annoying, running up and down pre-set-camera-angled corridors, meh.

That's a commen complaint among those who are not totally in love with the series.Others are the inventoy, save systems and item boxes, which as you can see were remedies with the last installment. I look for some improvements along those lines to happen in sh5 as well. While that's sure to anger some purists it is for the overall benefit of the game as it will appeal to more people.

MinionZombie
14-Jul-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah, the inventory/save system thing also bugged the piss out of me too.

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah, the inventory/save system thing also bugged the piss out of me too.

They used to call those the magic boxes (my ex girlfriend had one of those) :elol: Seriously, how are you going to put an item in a box in one end of the mansion and have it miraculously appear in a box on the opposite side of the house? I know this is sci fi and all but that's pushing it. And what the hell does a typwriter and ribbon have to do with saving progress?

Danny
15-Jul-2007, 04:11 AM
thats why i liked the very underrated resi 0, just drop an item on the floor, and it stays there, get this, UNTIL YOU GO BACK TO PICK IT UP!

truly we have entered an age of unparraleld virtual reality:rolleyes: :lol:

capncnut
15-Jul-2007, 05:37 AM
thats why i liked the very underrated resi 0, just drop an item on the floor, and it stays there, get this, UNTIL YOU GO BACK TO PICK IT UP!
A lot of folks thought it was problematic to leave stuff but I found it more logical. Is it underrated? Everyone I know thinks RE0 is the shiznit!

Danny
16-Jul-2007, 05:31 AM
in all the major survival horror forums its considered lower than alone in the dark 4, though i liked that too so no accounting for taste huh?.
i think of lot of people jsut hated the plot ,especially the ending "oh so i explored a monster filled mansion only to escape adn find yet ANOTHER identical monster filled mansion only yards away":rolleyes:

darth los
16-Jul-2007, 04:12 PM
in all the major survival horror forums its considered lower than alone in the dark 4, though i liked that too so no accounting for taste huh?.
i think of lot of people jsut hated the plot ,especially the ending "oh so i explored a monster filled mansion only to escape adn find yet ANOTHER identical monster filled mansion only yards away":rolleyes:

I actually liked the item drop system. What got on my nerves were all the teamwork puzzles you had to do. It was cool after a couple of times but it got monotonous after a while. Did anybody else find the leach man humping your character unsettling?

Danny
17-Jul-2007, 12:53 AM
nope.

cus i just ran the **** away whenever one appeared:lol:

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 12:56 AM
nope.

cus i just ran the **** away whenever one appeared:lol:

lol. If you get the chance one day you absolutely have to let your character get attacked by him. I'll garauntee you'll want to press charges on him for sexual harrassment/lude acts in a public place. Either way you'll be scarred for life. They people at capcom had to notice how that looked. They're some sick bastards yo.:sneaky: