PDA

View Full Version : PS3 80g vs. 60g

darth los
13-Jul-2007, 01:49 AM
The new 80 gig version of the ps3 due out in august will not rely on the motion engine chip and will rely on software for backwards compatability. Can anyone please explain to me what that means, if there's any huge difference and which technology is better for me if i wanted to play my old ps games? THNX. :)

DeadJonas190
13-Jul-2007, 05:54 AM
The emotion engine is basically a built in PS2, it is almost 100% compatable. The software is like the software on Xbox 360, it will play certain games, but not all games. The 60gb is the one you would want as you can always upgrade your hard drive, it is really easy as long as you have an external hard drive. www.1up.com has instructions on how to do it.

The only advantave the 80gb would have is if the rumours of a rumble controler being packaged with it are true, but then again, you can always buy one when it comes out if rumble is important for you to have.

darth los
13-Jul-2007, 04:25 PM
The emotion engine is basically a built in PS2, it is almost 100% compatable. The software is like the software on Xbox 360, it will play certain games, but not all games. The 60gb is the one you would want as you can always upgrade your hard drive, it is really easy as long as you have an external hard drive. www.1up.com has instructions on how to do it.

The only advantave the 80gb would have is if the rumours of a rumble controler being packaged with it are true, but then again, you can always buy one when it comes out if rumble is important for you to have.

Ok. Thnx. It's just that i havea ton of ps2 games and i didn't want the same thing to happen to me that happened when i sold my old x box only to find out that the 360 wouldn't play some of my games.:(