PDA

View Full Version : New E3 Hardware

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 03:09 AM
The zapper for the wii looks sweet. I also like that the ps3 is coming out with a new light gun game. The controller looks really cheap and clunky though. Looks like a damn plastic water pistol.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/804/804461p1.html

Danny
14-Jul-2007, 03:21 AM
oh good lord thats it?, that roange things repulsive!

though any light gun games, of which i am a big fan of arcade games, is better than none, including the 360 adn the xbox the x franchise has had two, THATS RIGHT ONLY TWO!, ac rap port of silent scope adn house 3...which i regularly bitch about taking me only 14 mins to beat.:mad:

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 03:56 AM
oh good lord thats it?, that roange things repulsive!

though any light gun games, of which i am a big fan of arcade games, is better than none, including the 360 adn the xbox the x franchise has had two, THATS RIGHT ONLY TWO!, ac rap port of silent scope adn house 3...which i regularly bitch about taking me only 14 mins to beat.:mad:

Would a next gen house of the dead 4 be enough to make you buy a ps3? I bet it would be crazy. It would look just like the arcades or better.

Danny
14-Jul-2007, 04:00 AM
on its own no i dont think so, a console needs at least 5 awesome games that gamespot would nominate for game of the year.
though i still play on ym gamecube so im happy to play oldr games still.

wich reminds me the copy of luigis mansion i procured of t'ebay should arrive in a few hours:D

seriously i still havent played that game.

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 04:03 AM
on its own no i dont think so, a console needs at least 5 awesome games that gamespot would nominate for game of the year.
though i still play on ym gamecube so im happy to play oldr games still.

wich reminds me the copy of luigis mansion i procured of t'ebay should arrive in a few hours:D

seriously i still havent played that game.

I'm one of those that doesn't like to get rid of their old consoles even though the new ones are backward compatible. I'm a sucker for nostalgia. I love my gamecube.

Danny
14-Jul-2007, 04:05 AM
yeah, too bad the biggest reason for it not selling was the god aweful memory requirements, they were crap youcould have like a memory card with 180 blocks and ocarina of time for the cube is like 3, but final fantasy: crystal chronicles is 22 it was like a retarded version of the dreamcasts vmu system, great conosle though, with some truly bithchin' games, sahme there still around 20 quid each, and the consoles only worth 30 now!:eek:

darth los
14-Jul-2007, 04:39 AM
yeah, too bad the biggest reason for it not selling was the god aweful memory requirements, they were crap youcould have like a memory card with 180 blocks and ocarina of time for the cube is like 3, but final fantasy: crystal chronicles is 22 it was like a retarded version of the dreamcasts vmu system, great conosle though, with some truly bithchin' games, sahme there still around 20 quid each, and the consoles only worth 30 now!:eek:

I always thought that the gamecube got a bad rap. I don't see what was so bad about it. I actually prefered it to my playstation 2 as it is graphically superior. As a matter of fact if a game i wanted came out cross platform i'd always choose the cube version over the ps2 one. Until the 360 came along that is. I'm totally addicted to those achievment points. :D Plus there's always the possibility of extra downloadable content to be released for a game down the road, an option you don't get with those other 2.

Danny
15-Jul-2007, 04:15 AM
yeah achievements are the new crack nowadays, some games like crackdown before achievements would be good but the fact that achievements drive you to do things normally only done by game testers to see if they can crash the game gets you points, plus it adds replay value too.

darth los
16-Jul-2007, 04:47 PM
yeah achievements are the new crack nowadays, some games like crackdown before achievements would be good but the fact that achievements drive you to do things normally only done by game testers to see if they can crash the game gets you points, plus it adds replay value too.

That's the most important feature a game can have nowdays, replayability. especially when the single player campaign is short. That's one of the reasons why games have to have decent multiplayer modes as well.

acealive1
16-Jul-2007, 08:06 PM
theres already a knock off for sale places. it looks VERY similar to the old zapper gun for nintendo. actually it looks better than the ones shown here

darth los
16-Jul-2007, 08:31 PM
theres already a knock off for sale places. it looks VERY similar to the old zapper gun for nintendo. actually it looks better than the ones shown here

I always prefered the light phaser for the sega master system to the zapper anyway. It's a good move by ninty to bring it back though.