PDA

View Full Version : GR: Advanced Warfighter (first one)...

MinionZombie
14-Jul-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm thinking of picking this game up (probably second hand), has anyone played it (well probably!:)), just wondering what it's like, I can't allow myself to play the second game without playing the first...er...first.

Aye, so - any good? Looks like fun from what I've seen, I played a bit of the PC demo but it ran like penis on my rig and looked shiite too as I had everything turned down/off. :lol:

Also, I'll be honest, I fancy trying out the cheats available for it, I've gone for so long without cheating in a game...I need a fix!!! :D

Danny
15-Jul-2007, 04:13 AM
its allright but its one of those gmes that at times is a total blast, at others feels like such a monotenous chore that you get so sick of it that when you die you say "**** it" adn turn the 360 off.
the first half rocks, find a tank and destory it in the barracks, somethings blocking the radar, destory the jammers ect. but the second half is jsut run, clear the area of enemys, run clear the area of enemys again and a again.
i recommend ya get condemned or oblivion for yer 360 collection as youll simply play them a hell of a lot more.

MinionZombie
15-Jul-2007, 11:10 AM
I think I'll get Condemned for the PC at some point, I played the demo a while back and it played out really quite fine...plus it'd give me a jolt of PC gaming that I haven't had since getting my SexBox...Oblivion isn't my cup-o-tea though.

Aye, I think I'll stick check out GRAW. I'll get around to that sometime soon. :)

kidgloves
15-Jul-2007, 06:52 PM
Forget GRAW. GRAW 2 is excellent but too short in single player. Get Rainbow 6 Vegas if you want to play a good squad based shooter. R6 Vegas is superb on and offline. I cant recommend it enough. :)

MinionZombie
15-Jul-2007, 09:28 PM
Well this is the thing, I don't wanna play GRAW2 until I've done GRAW1 and I certainly enjoyed the demo...it's only cheap these days, so not much lost if I don't like it, but that's probably unlikely as I like shooting stuff. :lol:

Rainbow Six Vegas - that's another one I wanna play eventually, what's that one like, is it 3rd or 1st person? Easy to handle, enjoyable to play, variety of difficulty settings?

Speaking of SexBoxin', I'm up to the final level of GOW, and was pleased to defeat the 3rd and final Beserker with ease, first time around, on the train, pressing the button and dumping that bitch. :lol:

Aim for Raam's head and shoot the sides off, that's what I've read is all I have to do ... we'll see how hard that is eh? :lol:

I take it that massive monster with guns all over it's back that turns up at the very end of Act 4 and tries to blow up the APC is more a taste of GOW2, hehe...which is an interesting idea...

Right, lemme think:

GRAW and R6V to look into...I think there's other games I had in mind, but I keep forgetting, haha...Lost Planet as well I think, what's Lost Planet like?

CoinReturn
16-Jul-2007, 01:11 AM
Between GRAW, R6:Vegas and Lost Planet...I'd go with Vegas or Lost Planet. Vegas has excellent single and multiplayer modes, and lots of weapons. Lost Planet is a throwback to those impossibly hard action-shooters from days past. Tough call, just go with what type of game you're up for. A realistic tactical first-person shooter, or a challenging 3rd person balls to the wall action shoot-em-up.

Edit: Another suggestion I have is for a game called "Earth Defense Force 2017". Its a pretty obscure game that came out a few months ago at the budget price of $40. Its like a Godzilla movie, except you play as a human with the impossible task of cleaning up the city of monsters. You fight giant ants, giant spiders, huge reptiles, giant robots, all sorts of big **** that blows up real nice. You can collect 150+ weapons to help you along the way, ranging from rifles and machine guns, to shotguns and rocket launchers, all the way up to guided missiles and acid guns. I really can't say enough positive things about it. Its the perfect "pick up and play" game. Easily one of my top 3 Xbox 360 games.

Danny
16-Jul-2007, 05:29 AM
man all this tlak of gears convinced me to buy it again and its a blast, finally beat general raam on casual, i kept using guides to ebat him and died so i jsut hunkered down behind a concrete block and blew't fook out of him.
i also forgot how friggin' amazing that game looks. bit dissapointed by the ending, who was that woman?

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2007, 10:49 AM
Stop dropping ending glimpses hellsing! :eek:

I ain't done the Raam battle yet! :rolleyes:

It is indeed a great game, I can totally see how the makers playing paintball influenced the style of fighting in this game, it's brilliant.

The big street battle at the beginning of Act 5 is great fun, proper chaos and action, love it.

Hmmm...GRAW and R6V for me then...I'll get around to those soon I hope.

*wooo, completed GOW!*

Ah right, that's Raam beaten, did him in first time through as well...okay, I'd watched a video on YouTube, but still, it's a simple technique. I used that bow gun thingy, just kept sticking him with that, used my machine gun a bit and then ran to the other end when he got near and blind-lobbed all my grenades, thus killing him.

BUT I F*CKING KNEW IT - 2 minutes into the end video, I get a phone call, same thing keeps happening when I'm watching a season finale of Lost or 24, and it's usually the same bloke (who rang today during the GOW final video). I mean fair enough he doesn't know, but it's like sod's law. There's no way of pausing the video as far as I know, so I'm now having to watch it on YouTube. :rolleyes:

Still, if that's the worst thing that happens to me today, then fine by me, lol, at least I don't have Neil's building woes! So back to perspective, but still - it's just annoying isn't it? :lol:

Anyway, wooooo! I finished Gears of War! :) Bloody great game, I didn't feel it to be short, most probably because I spaced it out over the last 3 or 4 weeks :lol:, but still, great game.

Danny
17-Jul-2007, 12:51 AM
wait till you play the online co-op thats way more fun.

CoinReturn
17-Jul-2007, 12:58 AM
I hope they bring back the cerebral bore :D

http://gametrailers.com/player/22340.html

MinionZombie
17-Jul-2007, 10:24 AM
Consider GRAW and R6V ordered. I even got R6V cheaper brand new than I could find it pre-owned! :eek:

*counts down the days till it's arrival ... ponders a return to PGR3 or perhaps Dead Rising...after having had a massive zombie dream last night...that I can't really remember too much*

Watched some footage of R6V on 'tube and it looks like a cross between GOW/SWAT 4/Splinter Cell...looks like fun, certainly looks purdy.

Got GRAW as it was cheap (and brand new) and I often get a hankering for dusty-city combat sometimes. :p

*looks out window, spies a bird jiggling up and down on a twig in a bush like he's shaking his balls dry or something weird* :lol: