PDA

View Full Version : For anyone with LOTD: RTFG...

MinionZombie
03-Apr-2006, 09:14 PM
...rock up at undeadgames.com and check out the maps those guys are making, some pretty sweet ones.

They've got a Dawn78 Mall (pretty nifty) and an excellent map for Day of the Dead (called "InTrinDayV100") - all info and links to download sites for the files can be found in the forum over there. They also have a map pack and stuff which will give you all the maps etc thus far.

As for that Day map I just mentioned, it's freakin' sweet. The best part is watching a new wave of zombies come - with the Day siren - as the big lift descends - FILLED with zombies - one of whom falls off just like in the movie. It's got the living quarters, Logan's labs - BUB is even there - annnnnd, there's a corale (sp?), the other main spawn point for a new wave of zombies. Whichever location you're nearest (corale or elevator) that's where they'll come from.

It's a really fun map. While RTFG pretty much stunk as a game - yeh it was only a budget title...but still...anyway, these mods really open it up as a worthwhile purchase for the fun of reliving your favourite Romero (or other) zombie movie moments. Hopefully they're working on some other awesome maps, but yeh, check the site out guys, they're doing some good work.

Undead Games (http://www.undeadgames.com)

axlish
03-Apr-2006, 09:33 PM
Don't forget the Shaun level(s) & the Dawn 2004 parking lot level w/ running zombies!

I second MZ's comment, these guys are hardcore and give the proper attention to the levels and mods. They are even working on a full 1 player Dawn of the Dead mod, with playable characters.

The game itself is average, fun for an afternoon. It is the mods and new maps that make it a priceless experience.

Step One: Go to the store and purchase Land of the Dead: The Road to Fiddler's Green.

Step Two: Go to www.undeadgames.com and download all the extra goodies!

MinionZombie
03-Apr-2006, 09:53 PM
Woah, a single player Dawn of the Dead!!!??? 1978 version yeh? lol

So...we gonna get the projects raid? If so - hellz yeah!

eblade
02-Jun-2006, 10:11 AM
i would like to second axlish..

Also, even though the graphics are not eyepoppingly gorgeous or anything, the original levels have quite a few "make you jump out of your seat" moments. There are some people that have never made it past the second level because they were so creeped out by it (hint: it's a Cornfield. With zombies. Ever been lost in a cornfield?)

Highly recommend checking your local game store to see if you can find it in the bargain bin or something, if not you can pick it up at http://www.landofthedeadgame.com/ .. and don't bother with the Xbox version, because it's the same but without mods.

After you have it, go to groovegames.com and pick up the 1.1 patch, so you can use the mods.

DjfunkmasterG
02-Jun-2006, 10:26 AM
Although I don't play as ften as I'd like too, the guys at UNDEAD GAMES have been kicking ass and taking names with all sorts of great maps. Their work has been superb and have really made an average game better.

KUDO's to UNDEAD GAMES! :D

MinionZombie
02-Jun-2006, 04:10 PM
Haven't been able to head over there lately, and can't visit on *this* computer (long story, it can't handle "blast" - some internet techy term - very well). Have there been any new and cool maps released, especially any zombie movie maps?

eblade
03-Jun-2006, 12:01 AM
blast? huh?

honestly, i've been working on mapping and coding so much that i haven't had a chance to check out anything. i haven't even played online in like two weeks or more :(

Wooley
03-Jun-2006, 05:32 AM
I've got RTFG and I have to say, it's one of the few games where the first levels where harder than the subsequent levels, simply because of little ammo, and not very powerful weapons. The cornfield level was really good, especially when I'd stop, and hear the rustling of the corn as zombies converged on me. Creepy.
I liked the squirming body bags in some of the levels, and I really liked the TV/radio reports, and how they got progressively more chaotic, until the one where the reporter is eaten on air, and covering Otis with the sniper rifle on top of the police station was pretty cool. Not a bad game for $20 bucks.

Names for the Shaun and Dawn '78 and Dawn '04 parking lot levels? Sound good and I'd like to try them.

eblade
03-Jun-2006, 10:22 AM
Good news: The Undeadgames.com server (and Painserver) have a redirect server setup now, so if you have a fast link, you can get darn near any map in practically the blink of an eye off those. Just go into multi, and join the server. (Make sure you have the 1.1 patch from groovegames.com !!!)

I didn't realise until I actually took apart the first level, and started to work on a multiplayer version of it, that there is actually a fairly sizeable quantity of extra ammo in Jack's barn. Mostly because the levels are trigger-ended, and the trigger is killing the last zombie.. i don't run around exploring things while there are things to kill normally!

Shaun of the Dead is INWinchester, and Dawn '04 parking lot is INDOTDMall2k4 I think. Painserver has been running a modified version of that map for several days now, but I don't like it anywhere near as mcuh as the original one. (I didn't like the original one, either, but that was just because there was -so- much space in it .. one of the DeadAwake levels is a large portion of a city, and it's only slightly larger than that map)

The Dawn 78 mall is INDOTDMall .. there is an INDOTDMallV2 that improves performance, but I think that it's not as good as the first one. I really wish someone would take the first version, do some performance tricks on it, and then make changes like I've suggested .. that map could be REALLY awesome with the huge amount of space in it.. (i know that sounds different since i just said i didn't like 2k4 because of the space.. but.. that's a different situation :P )

Unfortunatly, I don't have enough CPU power to even LOAD DOTDMall into the editor, let alone do anything with it :(

MinionZombie
03-Jun-2006, 10:46 AM
"Blast" is what they call in, yep.

Essentially a site that has "too much blast" has a lot of pictures, moving graphics, fancy bits, video streaming and so on. My laptop however is fully capable to dealing with that sort of thing, but for some unknown reason the family desktop can't hack it ... no idea why. Very strange.

eblade
04-Jun-2006, 05:17 PM
erm.. there's nothing like that on their site though.. this site is far more intensive than it is :(