PDA

View Full Version : Should they make him go to war?

MissJacksonCA
14-Jul-2007, 03:53 PM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/reservist-tries-to-stop-fifth-deployment/20070714005809990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Personally I think this guy should be forced to go to war again... he signed up for the job he should fulfill his duties. If has to serve extra time because of the strain on our troops then poo poo to you that's your own damn fault you signed up to fight for your country and you can't choose when to stop until your contract is up. My boyfriend worked loyally for the government for 8 years in the Navy and it wasn't a pleasant job. He was at sea almost all the time and when he wasn't in the middle of the ocean he was stationed far from home in Japan and England and Italy. Its riddick but thats what you have to do when you sign up. They tell you that you're going somewhere and they need you and you ask where and for how long. This traitor should be booted from the country and sent to live in the Yukon Territory or something.

Khardis
14-Jul-2007, 04:33 PM
tough call, 5th deployment... i thought you're only supposed to do 2.

coma
14-Jul-2007, 05:12 PM
And you are supposed to have a furlough equal to the time you were in theatre. If he served 5 tours there is no way he had that.
Its like they want him to keep fighting until he cant because he's dead or crazy.
He's Not a traitor
He served 5 tours. Thats just a crazy statement, that he's a traitor. This isn't the soviet union. Even in Nam you couldnt serve over 3. And only 1 was mandatory.

So your boyfriend was in the Navy for 8 years. THATS NOT IN COMBAT. My uncle served for 40 years.

I think whoever puts someone in that position for a meaningless war is the traitor.
Serving your country doesnt mean they can do whatever they want to you. Uncle Joe Stalin did that and thats why he is a much loved historical figure. Yes, that is supposed to be ironic.

FoodFight
14-Jul-2007, 06:12 PM
Hmmm. He has spent 11 1/2 months, spread over 4 different deployments when the typical ground pounder has 12 months for each deployment. That, and the fact that he is apparently in a critical specialty, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

coma
14-Jul-2007, 06:36 PM
Hmmm. He has spent 11 1/2 months, spread over 4 different deployments when the typical ground pounder has 12 months for each deployment. That, and the fact that he is apparently in a critical specialty, he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
I saw something about it on TV yesterday and it lead me to believe other wise. I thought he had much longer tours.

Arcades057
15-Jul-2007, 06:09 AM

Thread closed. You, sir, win an internet.