View Full Version : See cell phones kill!

MissJacksonCA
15-Jul-2007, 07:04 AM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/cops-eye-role-of-text-messages-in-crash/20070714125809990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

acealive1
15-Jul-2007, 07:11 AM
stupid people with cell phones kill people

MissJacksonCA
15-Jul-2007, 07:14 AM
Hey i'm all about accountability and those kids in that car had no chance for survival. I mean first off the driver was a woman... second half of them didn't have seatbelts on (not that they woulda helped in THIS accident) and lastly... they were texting while driving... regardless of who's getting texts women distract far too easily... just take one to a mall and you'll see that

acealive1
15-Jul-2007, 07:16 AM
Hey i'm all about accountability and those kids in that car had no chance for survival. I mean first off the driver was a woman... second half of them didn't have seatbelts on (not that they woulda helped in THIS accident) and lastly... they were texting while driving... regardless of who's getting texts women distract far too easily... just take one to a mall and you'll see that

i just said "stupid people with cell phones kill people" that means i agree with what u said. u half asleep or somethin?

EvilNed
15-Jul-2007, 11:53 AM
Seriously, tho. Cell phones. We carry them around thinking it's no big deal, when infact they could be swarming us with massive radiation. You know, people used to smoke all the time when they didn't know it was dangerous.

fartpants
16-Jul-2007, 04:37 PM
is it illegal to use a cell phone while driving in the states ( like it is here )??

AcesandEights
16-Jul-2007, 04:47 PM
is it illegal to use a cell phone while driving in the states ( like it is here )??

Depends on the state you're in. Not sure about the Canadians and I can almost guess the answer for Mexico.

darth los
16-Jul-2007, 04:50 PM
In nyc it's a $75 dollar ticket if you get caught on a cell phone while driving unless it's on a headset.

MissJacksonCA
16-Jul-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm pretty sure its illegal in Canada but again prolly depends on the province... I have to assume that because its illegal in Manitoba to drive without a shirt on... I mean I can understand how a topless woman is a threat to others ability to drive but a man? Come on now...

What I meant Ace was those girls who died in the car wreck seemed to be goners from the get-go and posed an obvious safety risk to themselves and thus for that reason it was only a matter of time before they killed themselves and/or endangered the lives of other motorists on the road. Apparently the culmination of various overlooked safety hazards ultimately contributed to their demise on that paticular day. Its sad but its a lesson for the idiots out there who drive without seatbelts and with cell phones attached to their ears or even on in their car. Hell when I'm home alone and my phone goes off (or anywhere and it rings) it can be quite jarring and is ultimately another distraction that is entirely dangerous when on in a car with you. These young ladys should have an example made out of them for their reckless behavior. No seatbelts, texting while driving, etc ...its simply not safe and not smart.

RustyHicks
16-Jul-2007, 10:47 PM
Cell phone use while driving should be banned. Period.
Why do people have to talk on the phone while they're
driving. Hell man, fifthteen twenty years ago, you needed
to make a call, you got out of your car and went to
a payphone. If people in cars had to do that, guess all
those calls they make wouldn't be so urgent after all.
Shouldn't be doing anything else while you're driving but
driving anyways.

MikePizzoff
16-Jul-2007, 10:54 PM
I have numerous female friends that text while driving. They have those stupid Sidekick phones, which is even worse because they have a keyboard. Driving with them is absolutely horrifying and there have been many times I came close to throwing their $350 stupid mini-computer-phone out the damn window.

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 12:38 AM
I have numerous female friends that text while driving. They have those stupid Sidekick phones, which is even worse because they have a keyboard. Driving with them is absolutely horrifying and there have been many times I came close to throwing their $350 stupid mini-computer-phone out the damn window.

Not a good endorsement for female drivers. Couple that with the inscesant need to apply make up while driving as well and we have a legitimate safety risk there. Good luck telling one of them that though. Ever try telling a woman something true that they really don't want to hear? It's a good bet that the subject of your genitals being mutilated can't be far off.

MissJacksonCA
17-Jul-2007, 06:38 PM
http://www.switched.com/2007/06/08/another-phone-related-drowning/

RustyHicks
17-Jul-2007, 11:24 PM
Was the cell phone that important.
Cellphones can be replaced, life can't.
It's saddening the way some people put so
much value on material possesions.
*shakes head* It just isn't worth it

Danny
17-Jul-2007, 11:25 PM
man, i came here expecting some scanners type ****:lol:

...anway, people shouldnt use mobiles why they drive everyone i know who does just loses concentraion on there driving adn gets way more angry when someone cuts em off ona turn or something, its not good for anyone.

darth los
17-Jul-2007, 11:26 PM
A couple of years back in nyc this lady dropped her cell phone onto the subway tracks and went down after it. A train was bearing down on her at the time. Let's just say that's the last dumb thing she ever did. Nothing is worth your life. People were horrified that others just stood and watched. I say if she was dumb enough to go down there after a phone why should i risk life and limb to save her? now if it were a child or another person that fell down there that would be different.

MissJacksonCA
18-Jul-2007, 12:20 AM
Hey if someones that materialistic that they're jumping into sewer drains and drowning or diving down to save their phone (and odds are in neither case were the phones waterproof so real smart) they were going to die sooner or later from their own stupidity...

Its so Darwin man...

darth los
18-Jul-2007, 02:08 AM
Hey if someones that materialistic that they're jumping into sewer drains and drowning or diving down to save their phone (and odds are in neither case were the phones waterproof so real smart) they were going to die sooner or later from their own stupidity...

Its so Darwin man...

That's why insurance for your phone is essential. You wouldn't even think about it twice if that's the case. I don't understand people who would pay 3-400 dollars for a phone but not $5.99 a month for insurance.

MissJacksonCA
18-Jul-2007, 12:26 PM
Yeah but who's to say they were drowning for a Blackberry or an iphone... they coulda dove under for a $50 or $60 dollar one... I mean just WHO were they chatting with lol

Marie
18-Jul-2007, 12:35 PM
Darwin strikes again.

M_

MissJacksonCA
18-Jul-2007, 12:39 PM
Darwin didn't strike again so much as intelligence failed again... maybe the technology is against us and we just dont know it... they're digging into our brains and forcing us to kill ourselves! Everyone look out! :confused:

Marie
18-Jul-2007, 12:52 PM
Darwin didn't strike again so much as intelligence failed again...

I disagree, although technically I suppose you are right. The parents didn't teach an essential survival skill, which was don't be a brainless twit and text while driving,(And by extension let someone who is driving a vehicle you are in get away with doing that) and therefore lost part or all of their genetic legacy, their daughters.

M_

MissJacksonCA
18-Jul-2007, 12:59 PM
And dont forget the ones who didn't wear seatbelts! Having had a friend die during Christmas after not wearing a seatbelt and plowing right over the seat in front of him and out through the windsheild I know the importance of one.

A personal thanks for making me feel a little less calous about what happened...

Marie
18-Jul-2007, 01:11 PM
A personal thanks for making me feel a little less calous about what happened...

Thanks for not just calling me a cold hearted ..... nevermind LOL

You wern't calous, it's a great tragedy that was caused, like many are, from an overabundance of stoopid.

M_

flyboy
20-Jul-2007, 07:46 PM
http://news.aol.com/story/_a/cops-eye-role-of-text-messages-in-crash/20070714125809990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

switch them off whilst driving.missing a call isnt going to kill you.

darth los
20-Jul-2007, 08:03 PM
switch them off whilst driving.missing a call isnt going to kill you.

This illustrates just how dependant people have become on technology. It's like a crack pipe. They put it down and it inexplicably jumps back in their hands.